Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Honest Journalism - FC News Press Hires Helen Thomas

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Re: Honest Journalism - FC News Press Hires Helen Thomas

Unread postby Umber » Sun 09 Jan 2011, 23:17:24

eastbay wrote:
scas wrote:She said back to Poland and Germany, America too.

It's a very small population in a world hot spot that's about to get a whole lot hotter.

Yeah, we've all heard the viral video over and over by now... but really. C'mon. It's not like they can just hop on planes and vacate.

Israel should consider purchasing Detroit. A second homeland, cheap.

Umber
Umber

Unread postby eastbay » Sun 09 Jan 2011, 23:20:40

Q: "... are you now, or have you ever been, a member of ... "

A: "I invoke the 5th Amendment, Senator..."
Got Dharma?

Everything is Impermanent. Shakyamuni Buddha
eastbay
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Mon 10 Jan 2011, 04:30:18

I'm pretty sure we have our answer pstarr.

Holocaust deniers are an interesting breed. The mental gymnastics that they have to go through to make millions of people disappear during WW2 but not actually be killed in the concentration camps must be an exhausting exercise. Its very clear we simply aren't in on this elaborate conspiracy formed by the Jews to make the Germans look bad. How terrible for us.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Pretorian » Mon 10 Jan 2011, 05:50:11

pstarr wrote:
eastbay wrote:She was talking about Jewish genocide against Palestinians, which is an ongoing horror. Theft of life and land ... going on today. Defending those who do this is beyond shocking... vicious and callous. Yet allowed here for reasons I support, and for reasons I will never fathom, at cocktail parties everywhere.

Remember, stories from past centuries are often just that: stories.
You another holocaust denier?

I hope I at least dodged that bullet all right? Since I am a holocaust supporter?

pstarr wrote:I agree Israeli treatment of Palestinians is vicious and callous.

I see we have another anti-semit here. We have so much to discuss, meine Freundin.

pstarr wrote:It's an untenable position for both parties to be in and historically this is the fault of the British (and the rest of Europe) for refusing to repatriated the Jews back to their homes in Eastern Europe (after the Jews expulsion and genocide by the Nazis). The Europeans just pawned off the Jew problem on the Palestinians. That makes this all our problem.

So you do agree that there is a Jew problem (Nazis called it Jew question, but I like your thinking evolution here), and that it did existed before and during WWII. Good. And how does decision of Churchill or british parlament makes it America's or Continental Europe's problem? There must be a 100-carat diamond of californian logic laying there somewhere.
Pretorian
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby pedalling_faster » Mon 10 Jan 2011, 09:33:59

eastbay wrote:She was talking about Jewish genocide against Palestinians, which is an ongoing horror. Theft of life and land ... going on today. Defending those who do this is beyond shocking... vicious and callous. Yet allowed here for reasons I support, and for reasons I will never fathom, at cocktail parties everywhere.

Remember, stories from past centuries are often just that: stories.

exactly.

Israel's history of Holocaust Denial - referring to Al Nakba - the destruction of 400 Palestinian villages by Israel in 1948 ... Israel has passed laws making it illegal to commerorate that Catastrophe - yet they want everybody to remember another catastrophe.

Israel has also admitted making life in the Gaza as unlive-able as possible. It is quite accurate to call it a concentration camp in the desert, housing 1.5 million Palestinians - a concentration camp run by Israel.

toss in Israel history of false flag terror -
the attack on the King David Hotel in 1946 (91 people killed)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_David_Hotel_bombing

The LaVon Affair
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lavon_Affair

The Attack on the USS Liberty
http://www.usslibertyveterans.org/
http://www.ussliberty.org/

... and it becomes pretty clear that Israel has had a "bad neighbor" policy from before the creation of Israel ... via the 3 Israeli terror groups Irgun, Stern Gang, and Haganah (in the time period 1935 to 1948.)

Helen Thomas is one journalist who has had the nerve to speak up. That's why I applaud the FCNP hiring of her.
http://www.LASIK-Flap.com/ ~ Health Warning about LASIK Eye Surgery
pedalling_faster
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Pretorian » Mon 10 Jan 2011, 12:52:08

pstarr wrote:
Pretorian wrote:There must be a 100-carat diamond of californian logic laying there somewhere.
Logics? deleted California? We built this modern America, starting with your food and your computer. Where do you think Apple is headquartered, moron? You don't stand a chance, schmuck. But I have better and healthier things to do with my time deleted

You could do that but you won't because you can't. Thats another diamond of a fine Californian logic. Apple is headquartered in Cali? wow,thats sure as hell a proof of your own intelligence. I bet you can call them and ask how decision(s) of Churchill/british parlament about their colony in Palestina and Jews from Eastern Europe (that miraculously escaped an oven, for some reason) makes it all our problem now. I'd advise you to call Steve Jobs directly.
Pretorian
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Pretorian » Mon 10 Jan 2011, 21:08:49

pstarr wrote:
Pretorian wrote:
pstarr wrote:
Pretorian wrote:There must be a 100-carat diamond of californian logic laying there somewhere.
Logics? deleted California? We built this modern America, starting with your food and your computer. Where do you think Apple is headquartered, moron? You don't stand a chance, schmuck. But I have better and healthier things to do with my time deleted

You could do that but you won't because you can't. Thats another diamond of a fine Californian logic. Apple is headquartered in Cali? wow,thats sure as hell a proof of your own intelligence. I bet you can call them and ask how decision(s) of Churchill/british parlament about their colony in Palestina and Jews from Eastern Europe (that miraculously escaped an oven, for some reason) makes it all our problem now. I'd advise you to call Steve Jobs directly.

I have enough fun humiliating Xeno, to waste my precious time with you. I don't like to playing deleted

Just in passing though, it was in our great state of California, where your psycho babble was legally settled in court. Regarding Holocaust denier Carto and his bet and challenge:

Yes. Auschwitz survivor Mel Mermelstein presented Carto with reams of documentation [that the Holocaust was real]. When Carto refused to pay, Mermelstein sued Carto in California Superior Court. Judge Thomas Johnson ultimately ruled that Mermelstein had, in fact, proved his case, and ordered Carto to pay him $50,000, plus $40,000 for personal suffering. “Jews were gassed to death at Auschwitz concentration camp in Poland,” Johnson declared in his milestone 1981 ruling. “It is not reasonably subject to dispute. It is simply a fact.” The deniers, though, have continued their crusade.
If you have a problem with this, then take it to the Supreme Court of the US. I said the US. Not the Confederacy. We put a rest to that abomination also. :twisted:

What any of that babble got to do with me? Remember, I'm a holocoast supporter , just like you are. We disagree only on the general opinion about it.
I might disagree on total numbers, as I have studied arithmetics in my youth, but I'd much rather prefer for you to be right, and for me to be wrong .
Pretorian
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Tue 11 Jan 2011, 00:41:47

I don't get this whole thing.

She expressed an opinion. People do it all the time.

People are free to react in several ways.

They could let her explain her off the cuff remarks, and see if they believe her.

They can think she is an idiot or is mean, and decide to ignore anything she writes.

They can agree with her. They can ignore her. They can go back to playing video games or posting on the internet or whining, or whatever.

But no. She is a journalist and she expressed an opinion, and since it is politically incorrect - whammo, they fire her.

I don't like that at all. If she'd said Jews should be burned or that the Nazi's were a good start or that she doesn't like Jews - then I would understand her employer getting all wound up. All she did was express an opinion of one possible solution to a problem.

I don't think it's a good solution, and it lowers my overall opinion of her savvy/intelligence in seriously proposing such a solution as workable - but I sure think she should have had a RIGHT to express it.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 11 Jan 2011, 02:17:12

Outcast_Searcher wrote:I don't get this whole thing.... If she'd said Jews should be burned or that the Nazi's were a good start or that she doesn't like Jews - then I would understand her employer getting all wound up. All she did was express an opinion of one possible solution to a problem.

Ms. Thomas called for jews to "get the hell out of Palestine and go back to Germany and Poland."

Ms. Thomas's suggestion echoes the demands of Hamas in Gaza. Hamas also demands that all the Jews leave Palestine. This kind of thing is called ethnic cleansing. Ethnic cleansing needn't involve forced repatriations----terroristic threats and attacks can also result in ethnic cleansing.

"The UN Commission of Experts (established pursuant to Security Council Resolution 780) held that ...ethnic cleansing "constitutes crimes against humanity and can be assimilated to specific war crimes. Furthermore ... such acts could also fall within the meaning of the Genocide Convention." The UN General Assembly condemned "ethnic cleansing" and racial hatred in a 1992 resolution.[31]
---from Wikipedia.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Sixstrings » Tue 11 Jan 2011, 02:32:01

About Helen Thomas..

The lady is something like 90 years old. If any of us live to be that long, we'll find out that our brains aren't as sharp as they once were and stupid things come out sometimes.

Of course you can't send the Jews "back to where they came from." The problem with how this whole argument gets framed in extremist terms is that it prevents us from ever talking about a more moderate policy with Israel. The real issue is recognizing that our first responsibility is the safety and welfare of our own nation -- the United States.

We've never had a national conversation about just how far down into a Holy War do we really want to get mixed up in. Iraq and Afghanistan has just about bankrupted us -- that's no joke, if we become a failed state that could be permanent. Do we really want to lose it all, our Constitution and everything, over a holy war in the middle east that's been going on for millennia?
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby mos6507 » Tue 11 Jan 2011, 10:44:20

"The problem with how this whole argument gets framed in extremist terms is that it prevents us from ever talking about a more moderate policy with Israel."

It's been moderating lately. For instance, I recall Obama rebuking Israel recently over stuff like the raid of the ship from Turkey. The US has tried pretty hard to get the Israelis and Palestinians to talk again, and was pissed off over the settlement issue scuttling things. The US is not as anti-Palestinian as it's often portrayed.

The subtext of this debate is that our foreign policy should comprise throwing Israel totally under the bus and sitting on our hands while they get wiped out (largely due to the influence of Iran). We didn't sit by and watch Europe succumb to Hitler and we won't sit by and watch any other ally get wiped out, like South Korea, for instance. Or the missile shield debate with eastern europe.

If you want to press for universal isolationism, that's a valid debate, but to pick winners and losers to me really speaks to latent antisemitism.
mos6507

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Tue 11 Jan 2011, 13:43:14

mos6507 wrote:The US is not as anti-Palestinian as it's often portrayed.

They bankroll the settlers with weapons and "humanitarian" aid but they'll throw you in Gulag Guantanamo if you donate to a Palestinian orphanage.
mos6507 wrote:we won't sit by and watch any other ally get wiped out

Except he Shah and your former allies in China & Vietnam. How log till ally Karzai's under the bus?

That is a tired old imperialist propaganda ploy, I think the Brits also used it.

Conquer, occupy, (ethnically cleanse, colonize) install quisling regime and declare it to be an ally worthy of support, citing some high moral reasons - formerly Christianity or Western Values, currently Human Rights and Democracy.
mos6507 wrote:If you want to press for universal isolationism, that's a valid debate, but to pick winners and losers to me really speaks to latent antisemitism.

The point is, Israel is special and any discussion is taboo. Unlike all others.
Facebook knows you're a dog.
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby pedalling_faster » Wed 12 Jan 2011, 09:25:46

mos6507 wrote:The subtext of this debate is that our foreign policy should comprise throwing Israel totally under the bus and sitting on our hands while they get wiped out (largely due to the influence of Iran). We didn't sit by and watch Europe succumb to Hitler and we won't sit by and watch any other ally get wiped out, like South Korea, for instance. Or the missile shield debate with eastern europe.

If you want to press for universal isolationism, that's a valid debate, but to pick winners and losers to me really speaks to latent antisemitism.

it's interesting how "anti-Semitism" is brought up whenever somebody points out Israel's criminal activity.

so, thank you for noticing - i am anti-criminal !

of course, most Israeli Jews are not Semitic in origin - they are Khazarian, from Eastern Europe & Western Russia.

the Palestinians are the Semites. i'm not anti-Palestinian - and therefore not anti-Semitic.

just anti-criminal - and therefore anti-Israel.
http://www.LASIK-Flap.com/ ~ Health Warning about LASIK Eye Surgery
pedalling_faster
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Mesuge » Wed 12 Jan 2011, 16:40:07

Cog wrote: Holocaust deniers are an interesting breed.

Agree! So, fire up your excel or calc spreadsheet and count how many times in your life have you invoked the jewish holocaust (estimate 3-5m people) killed, now similarly fill the other columns for the massacres done to the chinese (est. >10m people), russians (>20m), native americans, ..

I'm sick and tired of hearing only about this one approved holocaust 24/7/365.. Don't forget sending your check to ADL in timely fashion :roll:
Mesuge
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Pretorian » Wed 12 Jan 2011, 17:11:13

Mesuge wrote:
Cog wrote: Holocaust deniers are an interesting breed.

Agree! So, fire up your excel or calc spreadsheet and count how many times in your life have you invoked the jewish holocaust (estimate 3-5m people) killed, now similarly fill the other columns for the massacres done to the chinese (est. >10m people), russians (>20m), native americans, ..

I'm sick and tired of hearing only about this one approved holocaust 24/7/365.. Don't forget sending your check to ADL in timely fashion :roll:

This is the only approved holocaust because its the only one that had people involved, and not goyim. Goys are cattle, they exist to please and comfort humans (Jews). There is a plethora of references from Talmud about this factoid. Furthermore , most of media is owned by Jews, why would they whine over somebody else's holocaust?
Pretorian
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cog » Wed 12 Jan 2011, 19:42:57

Ah, but gentlemen that is where our understanding diverges. I do not deny the other mass genocides that have happened. But you do deny the Holocaust that happened to the Jews. Which in my book, makes you either disingenuous or just plain ignorant.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic Discussion