Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

UN Doesn't Deny Texas invasion Plans

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Re: UN Doesn't Deny Texas invasion Plans

Unread postby PrestonSturges » Sun 26 Aug 2012, 16:35:55

dinopello wrote:
JohnRM wrote:The UN would never step foot in the US. Americans would be all too happy to shoot at them.

That's what's so funny about the Sheriff and Judge in Lubbock trying to use the need to arm up to fight the UN. His citizens have better armament than the UN and him. Seriously... have you seen the guy in Georgia that has all the little toys ? He pretends to be Russian

I really enjoy his videos, although many people said the quadrotor is a fake.
PrestonSturges
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Windmills » Mon 27 Aug 2012, 19:19:10

evilgenius wrote:Why are so many people participating in the meme of civil war or revolution if Obama is re-elected? For that matter, why do so many people hate Obama with a seemingly irrational hatred?

I don't think it's any of the things you mention, or that anyone else on either side of the political aisle mentions. I believe it's the media. It's a for-profit infotainment industry that has been taking lessons from the music, TV and movie industries in order to cash in. With every passing year, entertainment outlets have been forced to come up with more extreme and shocking shows in order to keep viewers tuned in and to sell ads. The movies and songs from preceding decades that frightened and shocked people would put them to sleep today. The news media also faces fierce competition from the recent explosion of other types of electronic entertainment, so their recourse in the face of that competition has been to desperately crank on the extremism dial in order to draw in viewers and listeners. They have to shock the pants off people nowadays to get them to pay attention. As a consequence, the news media has to showcase crazier and more incendiary talk show hosts, personalities, and channels to keep up their ratings. This gives people the impression that the political landscape has become more violent, polarized, and fearful, when the reality is that many people haven’t changed nearly as fast as the media has changed its tactics. The ignorant and uneducated are, unfortunately, swept up in this ratings game and it becomes a reality to them. Sadly, there are far too many ignorant and uneducated people that buy into all this, which is all it takes for this game to have real and terrible consequences, consequences which the news media will only be too happy to cover.

It reminds me of the kids in my school that sit on the sidelines and stir up trouble, trying to get two other kids to fight for their own entertainment. Instead of stirring the pot, they could help promote civil discourse. They could help diffuse the situation and bring the two sides to the table. They could present unbiased facts and research. But…nah. They make a lot more money by betting on who gets the shit beat of him, so they push for the fights to happen. Every time. And if there isn’t a disagreement today, they make one up.
Windmills
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Pops » Mon 27 Aug 2012, 20:34:40

You can blame it on any institution you want, blame profit, power or whatever but the old withe guys driving down the road with their head bobbing up and down aren't keeping time to some rap track, they are nodding in agreement with whatever preacher they've punched up on the old AM dial, LOL!
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Beery1 » Tue 28 Aug 2012, 21:17:45

Pops wrote:UN to Invade Texas?
The United Nations scoffed on Friday at claims by a judge in Lubbock County, Texas, that U.N. troops could invade the southern U.S. state to settle a possible civil war, which the judge warned could be sparked if Obama is re-elected in November.

"It's absolutely ridiculous," said U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon's spokesman, Martin Nesirky, when asked if the United Nations had any plans to invade Texas.

That isn't "No."

No, it's "Hell no, you fricken paranoid psycho nutcases!"
"I'm gonna have to ask you boys to stop raping our doctor."
Beery1
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby efarmer » Wed 29 Aug 2012, 01:12:47

Well, I guess there is the old song that could explain this:

"Looking for Love in all the wrong places..."

Does anyone think American would tolerate one of our states getting invaded by the UN or
anyone outside the American States without gathering into one and snuffing the threat?

No not really. This is another bullshit story.

If America can layoff cheap labor for a quick buck and cheap dope the invasion is over.

But this is not really stimulating or sensational, it only has one virtue, and that is it would work.
efarmer
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Beery1 » Wed 29 Aug 2012, 10:17:30

efarmer wrote:Does anyone think American would tolerate one of our states getting invaded by the UN or
anyone outside the American States without gathering into one and snuffing the threat?

I dunno. After all, we are talking about Texas. Okay, I'd rather lose Alaska, but if the UN is offering, we'd be crazy not to at least consider their offer.
"I'm gonna have to ask you boys to stop raping our doctor."
Beery1
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Pops » Wed 29 Aug 2012, 14:43:06

LOL, concur.
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Tanada » Wed 29 Aug 2012, 16:12:24

Beery1 wrote:
efarmer wrote:Does anyone think American would tolerate one of our states getting invaded by the UN or

I dunno. After all, we are talking about Texas. Okay, I'd rather lose Alaska, but if the UN is offering, we'd be crazy not to at least consider their offer.

I will see you Alaska and raise you California, New York and D.C...
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby dinopello » Wed 07 Nov 2012, 10:17:06

Pops wrote:UN to Invade Texas?
The United Nations scoffed on Friday at claims by a judge in Lubbock County, Texas, that U.N. troops could invade the southern U.S. state to settle a possible civil war, which the judge warned could be sparked if Obama is re-elected in November.

Here's the video. Sounds serious!

Obama won - has the civil war started ? where are the UN troops massing ? We got your back, Texas - is everyone OK ?
dinopello
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Lore » Wed 07 Nov 2012, 10:27:21

Maybe it's all just a big publicity stunt for the new remake of "Red Dawn"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1234719/
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Unread postby AgentR11 » Wed 07 Nov 2012, 20:02:56

dinopello wrote:We got your back, Texas - is everyone OK ?

Apparently so. While I haven't turned on the radio or tv today, I'd have to say everything looked pretty normal. There was a backup on the freeway though, being that I don't drive often, this was a little disconcerting and for a moment I wondered if it was an Obama led Purge of everyone with bumper stickers, or if some crazed lunatic separatist had perpetrated a stupid on the freeway in an attempt to halt the alien invaders.

Turned out it was just your typical Texan, driving 85 in a 65 zone, like the rest of us, and smashed up his car. Someone had to sweep up the glass so we could resume our illegal racing.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby dinopello » Tue 05 May 2015, 08:12:22

The Pentagon does deny Texas invasion plans. But what if it is just a ruse for the UN invasion ?

Internet-fueled rumors that U.S. Special Operations Forces might be trying to take over parts of the southwest, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott ordered Texas State Guard forces under his control to keep an eye on the U.S. military during a large upcoming training exercise.

Abbott ordered the guard to "monitor" the eight week-long exercise which begins in July and ends in September, across seven states.

Some of the concerns are fueled by Internet posting of a map said to be made up for the exercise which shows Texas in bright red and lists it as "hostile" territory. "The Internet is abuzz with speculation these exercises are not designed to prepare U.S. troops for overseas operations, but are actually designed to prepare U.S. troops for aggressive operations against American citizenry."

Others says the military is testing the loyalty of local communities. During the exercise some of the troops will be in civilian clothes, move in civilians vehicles and carry weapons with blank ammunition. But there will be exercise monitors at all times.
dinopello
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AgentR11 » Tue 05 May 2015, 10:14:42

Clever guy, Abbot. He's probably just assured his victory in at least one more Gubernatorial election. Nothing better to keep the fringe right in line than to make bold, zero expense orders that assert state authority... without actually doing anything that would inconvenience the rest of the right who are busy making money.

They probably make Texas "hostile" because such a large proportion of families have kids in the military that most won't be particular disturbed, and if need be, would likely be quite helpful if asked.

Like I noted many times in other threads of ages past, if a US military battalion rolls into a rural Texas town looking for supplies in the Time of DOOOOOM; they'll likely be buried in more stuff than they can carry, and thrown a BBQ party before they head out again. Could probably get the dang marching band to do a parade.

I'd recommend against Blue Hats(foreign) or Mexican Federales trying the same thing though...
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Pops » Tue 05 May 2015, 16:00:52

Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Tue 05 May 2015, 17:00:49

Sometimes things are just too obvious to notice. Four years ago I participated in a huge Silicon Valley earthquake rescue and evacuation drill, something we found we needed when the ground shook in the Loma Prieta earthquake of 1989. The SV area has held drills once a decade since the quake, in 1991, 2001, and 2011. I remember because that was the last time I was actually at work on the Cupertino HP campus, which has now been torn down and is being replaced by a new Apple Computers campus.

The point is that we have plans for staging UN rescue teams for the Bay Area from several area airports and the ports of SF, Oakland, and Sacramento. Just in case "The Big One" ever hits. Santa Clara county displayed a school bus that had had the markings changed to UN markings, and has the plastic signage ready to remark both school busses and VTA busses as UN vehicles. The plan is that we cooperate if we suffer the earthquake. I don't know if having 80,000 UN personnel constitutes an "invasion", but I'm pretty sure they would be more welcome in California than in Texas.

I used to live in Northern Virginia in the 1980s. Most people there were totally oblivious to the German NATO airbase that is right there next to Washington Dulles International Airport. At the time (end of The Cold War) it was an active military base with right around 130,000 NATO troops, mostly Germans. That base today is almost shut down, I'm told it has only two air wings and less than 10,000 personnel today. But it is still there and still cannot be found on existing maps, including all the online map databases, in the fashion of active military bases everywhere. Look at the satellite views of the area (Zwillow.com is a good way, check the "Bird's Eye" view for a nearby home, then scan the area North and West of the airport) for a rather large area that is blurred at every level of magnification. Those funny looking fighter jets always training with American jets from Pax River, those are figments of your overactive imagination as well. Just as is the supposed "desert" terrain that is located at Area 51, aka Nellis AFB in Nevada, and the even stranger aircraft flying in that area.

Nothing to see at either place, meaning there is nothing there, right? I mean, Yahoo maps and Google Maps and TomTom and Garmin and Magellan, they wouldn't and couldn't all be lying to us, especially over the Internet, right?
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Texas calls up guard, to monitor US military op "jade helm"

Unread postby Sixstrings » Wed 06 May 2015, 19:05:39

Crazy! 8O

‘Jade Helm’ military exercise causing political firestorm in Texas, western states

A massive military exercise planned in states across the American West has touched off a political firestorm, with several top Texas officials now questioning the military’s plans – if only to calm the Internet and constituent furor surrounding it.

The seven-state war simulation exercise, known as “Jade Helm 15,” is planned for this summer. It involves training exercises on private and public land – while such exercises are hardly unique, even the military acknowledges the “size and scope” of this one sets it apart.

While the White House and Pentagon are downplaying concerns, this hasn’t stopped a barrage of blogs and tweets warning about whether the federal government is preparing for “martial law.” Even actor Chuck Norris is keeping his “eyes of a ranger” on the situation.

Western-state officials are now caught between a desire to calm their residents – and yet not appear to stoke any conspiracy theories.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott already has asked the State Guard to monitor the training exercises, after officials faced worried residents at a packed town hall meeting.

This alone triggered accusations that the Republican governor is “pandering to idiots.”
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/05/06/jade-helm-military-exercise-causing-political-firestorm-in-texas-western-states/

That is just wild. Texas governor actually called up the natl guard to keep an eye on what the US military is doing, in Texas. 8O
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Re: Texas calls up guard, to monitor US military op "jade he

Unread postby SILENTTODD » Wed 06 May 2015, 21:18:36

Next time they want to Secede from the Union, can't we just let them?
Skeptical scrutiny in both Science and Religion is the means by which deep thoughts are winnowed from deep nonsense-Carl Sagan
SILENTTODD
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Sixstrings » Wed 06 May 2015, 22:45:19

dinopello wrote:Here's the video. Sounds serious!

Obama won - has the civil war started ? where are the UN troops massing ? We got your back, Texas - is everyone OK ?

That video is so funny. The interviewer with the white hair and glasses, he's just earnestly nodding head saying "mmmhm mhmm" while a judge is saying absolutely batshit crazy person talk.

Civil war, Obama calling in the UN troops. And the county sheriff is nodding his head too! The judge says "and I've already asked if the sheriff would be with me, and he said he would."

(actually, that clip looked JUST LIKE Pat Robertson on the 700 club. How he'll just be saying hte craziest things, and the co-anchor will just be nodding her head and taking it so seriously.)
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Re: Texas calls up guard, to monitor US military op "jade he

Unread postby Sixstrings » Wed 06 May 2015, 22:50:03

SILENTTODD wrote:Next time they want to Secede from the Union, can't we just let them?

Nah.. the map would look too funny with that chunk gone.

P.S. MODS -- I didn't notice the UN invasion of Texas thread, can someone merge this over there? Thanks.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Tanada » Thu 07 May 2015, 07:48:12

Merged upon request
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic Discussion