Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Humiliation as a Tool of Blackmail - Russia and the West

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

Re: Humiliation as a Tool of Blackmail - Russia and the West

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 17 Jun 2015, 12:20:09

Withnail wrote:... the US is deploying heavy equipment and aircraft to the east and threatening a first strike capability. They seem to have gone mad.

Obama hasn't gone mad. He is simply responding to Putin's slow-motion invasion of eastern Ukraine and provocative moves Putin has made elsewhere in northern and eastern Europe.
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Withnail » Wed 17 Jun 2015, 13:25:24

Plantagenet wrote:
Withnail wrote:... the US is deploying heavy equipment and aircraft to the east and threatening a first strike capability. They seem to have gone mad.

Obama hasn't gone mad. He is simply responding to Putin's slow-motion invasion of eastern Ukraine and provocative moves Putin has made elsewhere in northern and eastern Europe.

There is no invasion of eastern ukraine.

Just hope gung ho clowns like you dont end up getting us all killed here in Europe.
Withnail
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 17 Jun 2015, 15:39:29

Withnail wrote:
There is no invasion of eastern ukraine…...

Wow! This is just like Alice in Wonderland…..

Now let me get this straight. You claim that all the EU government white papers and media reports by hundreds of reporters from the US, UK, Germany, France, Poland, Swedent, Finland, etc. etc. i.e. the reporters and media in every country of the world (except Russia) have got the story about the Russian_military_intervention_in_Ukraine wrong?

So who has the true story on Ukraine---the government controlled Russia media? And the sky….what color does Putin tell them to say the sky is now? Green? Orange? :roll:
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 17 Jun 2015, 16:00:48

Obama laughs at Putin's wimpy chest
Last edited by Plantagenet on Wed 17 Jun 2015, 16:17:37, edited 3 times in total.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Withnail » Wed 17 Jun 2015, 16:00:59

Plantagenet wrote:
Withnail wrote:
There is no invasion of eastern ukraine…...

Wow! This is just like Alice in Wonderland…..

Now let me get this straight. You claim that all the EU government white papers and media reports by hundreds of reporters from the US, UK, Germany, France, Poland, Swedent, Finland, etc. etc. i.e. the reporters and media in every country of the world (except Russia) have got the story about the Russian_military_intervention_in_Ukraine wrong?

So who has the true story on Ukraine---the government controlled Russia media? And the sky….what color does Putin tell them to say the sky is now? Green? Orange? :roll:

Show me the offical Russian military invasion of east Ukraine. (Not volunteers). I couldn't care less about claims from reporters or claims from white papers.

I'm not a boot licker to 'authorities' like you and your halfwit friend Six Strings.
Withnail
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Withnail » Wed 17 Jun 2015, 16:06:22

Plantagenet wrote:Russian troop movements can be tracked from their selfies.

Russian troops posting selfies as they invade Ukraine

a Russian soldier named Bato Dambaev…. posted highly incriminating selfies all along his journey from his home in Russia's far east to a Russian military encampment near the Ukrainian border to a checkpoint within eastern Ukraine along the front lines of the war.

... a recent Atlantic Council report that documents Russian soldiers' social media accounts, satellite photos, and many other pieces of open-source evidence to demonstrate that Russia's military is engaged in an undeclared war against Ukraine.

Cheers!

Ha ha i've seen this crap recently.

There's a youtube video just come out.

There is zero evidence that the photo claimed to be in Ukraine was ever posted on the real Bato Dambaev's account. Just claims from Ukrainians (ha ha) that it was there and then deleted.

Here's his VK account.

http://vk.com/batohadambaev

His main interests seem to be hot chicks, cars, and food. I kind of like the guy.

He has a small boy but has just removed all those pics after being stalked by the weirdo Vice 'journalist' Simon Ostrovsky.

Look, the guy is not exactly hiding. He's just a dude from Siberia.

Last edited by Withnail on Wed 17 Jun 2015, 16:08:26, edited 1 time in total.
Withnail
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 17 Jun 2015, 16:08:15

Withnail wrote:Show me the offical Russian military invasion of east Ukraine. (Not volunteers).

Ok.

Here's photo documentation of a Russian Army unit being sent into Ukraine.

Russian troop movements can be tracked from their selfies.

Russian troops posting selfies as they invade Ukraine

a Russian soldier named Bato Dambaev…. posted highly incriminating selfies all along his journey from his home in Russia's far east to a Russian military encampment near the Ukrainian border to a checkpoint within eastern Ukraine along the front lines of the war.

... a recent Atlantic Council report that documents Russian soldiers' social media accounts, satellite photos, and many other pieces of open-source evidence to demonstrate that Russia's military is engaged in an undeclared war against Ukraine.

Withnail wrote:I'm not a boot licker

Right-o! I don't know why you brought this subject up, but I agree with you completely. Boots, shoes, mocassins, flip flops. No need to list them all. Lets just agree that you definitely don't lick any variety of foot apparel.

Cheers!
Last edited by Plantagenet on Wed 17 Jun 2015, 16:13:16, edited 1 time in total.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Withnail » Wed 17 Jun 2015, 16:10:25

I've responded to your drivel from Vice News/Bellingcrap/Atlantic Council above.

Don't spam the forum.
Withnail
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 17 Jun 2015, 16:32:13

Withnail wrote: drivel….

Hey, Withnail---speaking of drivel, how about the articles in the Russian and western press, including the New York Times, claiming the Kremlin is funding "troll farms" and "troll armies" to post pro-Putin drivel at Russian, German, UK and US websites. Here's an example from buzz feed

Russian troll farms:

According to the documents, which are attached to several hundred emails sent to the project’s leader, Igor Osadchy, the effort was launched in April and is led by a firm called the Internet Research Agency. It’s based in a Saint Petersburg suburb, and the documents say it employs hundreds of people across Russia who promote Putin in comments …. The Internet Research Agency has not commented on the leak.

Russia’s “troll army” is just one part of a massive propaganda campaign the Kremlin has unleashed since the Ukrainian crisis exploded in February. Russian state TV endlessly asserts that Kiev’s interim government is under the thumb of “fascists” and “neo-Nazis” intent on oppressing Russian-speaking Ukrainians and exerts a mesmerizing hold on many in the country’s southeast, where the channels are popular. Ukraine has responded by banning all Russian state channels, barring entry to most Russian journalists, and treats some of the more obviously pro-rebel Russian reporters as enemy combatants.
The trolling project’s finances are appropriately lavish for its considerable scale. A budget for April 2014, its first month, lists costs for 25 employees and expenses that together total over $75,000. The Internet Research Agency itself, founded last summer, now employs over 600 people and, if spending levels from December 2013 to April continue, is set to budget for over $10 million in 2014, according to the documents. Half of its budget is earmarked to be paid in cash.
Two Russian media reports partly based on other selections from the documents attest that the campaign is directly orchestrated by the Kremlin. Business newspaper Vedomosti, citing sources close to Putin’s presidential administration, said last week that the campaign was directly orchestrated by the government and included expatriate Russian bloggers in Germany, India, and Thailand. Novaya Gazeta claimed this week that the campaign is run by Evgeny Prigozhin, a restaurateur who catered Putin’s re-inauguration in 2012. Prigozhin has reportedly orchestrated several other elaborate Kremlin-funded campaigns against opposition members and the independent media. Emails from the hacked trove show an accountant for the Internet Research Agency approving numerous payments with an accountant from Prigozhin’s catering holding, Concord.
Several people who follow the Russian internet closely told BuzzFeed the Internet Research Energy is only one of several firms believed to be employing pro-Kremlin comment trolls. That has long been suspected based on the comments under articles about Russia on many other sites…..The editor of The Guardian’s opinion page recently claimed that the site was the victim of an “orchestrated campaign.”

Are you in Russia?
Have you ever come across any paid Russian trolls?
Is there any truth to the New York Times reports about paid Russian trolls posting pro-Russian drivel on web site comment pages?

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Strummer » Wed 17 Jun 2015, 16:32:54

Plantagenet wrote:You claim that all the EU government white papers and media reports by hundreds of reporters from the US, UK, Germany, France, Poland, Swedent, Finland, etc. etc. i.e. the reporters and media in every country of the world (except Russia) have got the story about the Russian_military_intervention_in_Ukraine wrong?

Do you realize how ridiculous this argument sounds, on a peak oil site of all places?
Strummer
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Withnail » Wed 17 Jun 2015, 16:33:10

Is the uniformed guy him? I seriously can't tell, can you?
Withnail
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Withnail » Wed 17 Jun 2015, 16:34:19

Plantagenet wrote:Are you in Russia?
Have you ever come across any paid Russian trolls?
Is there any truth to the New York Times reports about paid Russian trolls posting pro-Russian drivel on web site comment pages?

Cheers!

I'm British, numbnuts. How would I know.
Withnail
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 17 Jun 2015, 16:35:22

Strummer wrote:
Plantagenet wrote:You claim that all the EU government white papers and media reports by hundreds of reporters from the US, UK, Germany, France, Poland, Swedent, Finland, etc. etc. i.e. the reporters and media in every country of the world (except Russia) have got the story about the Russian_military_intervention_in_Ukraine wrong?

Do you realize how ridiculous this argument sounds, on a peak oil site of all places?

No.

I'm not the one making the ridiculous claim that all the EU government white papers and media reports by hundreds of reporters from the US, UK, Germany, France, Poland, Swedent, Finland, etc. etc. i.e. the reporters and media in every country of the world (except Russia) have got the story about the Russian_military_intervention_in_Ukraine wrong. That would be WithNail, and most likely yo has well.

IMHO, the ridiculous position is your view that everyone else in the world is wrong except Putin and the government-controlled Russian press.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 17 Jun 2015, 16:36:49

Withnail wrote:numbnuts...

First you post about licking boots, then you claim your nuts are numb.

I think you are giving out entirely too much personal information.

Bye.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Withnail » Wed 17 Jun 2015, 16:37:52

Plantagenet wrote:
Withnail wrote:numbnuts...

First you post about licking boots, then you claim your nuts are numb.

I think you are giving out entirely too much personal information.

Bye.

Dear God, you make Six Strings look like Oscar Wilde.

I notice you run off as soon as you realise someone has already researched the spam you posted.
Withnail
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Withnail » Wed 17 Jun 2015, 17:05:24

pstarr wrote:That's Plants' modus operandi. I treat everything he/she posts as spam unless proven otherwise. Which rarely happens. At best entertaining, but usually a waste of time. Given that it is our solemn duty as citizens to call out the BS.

There is certainly no imminent danger of the world running out of such low IQ drones.
Withnail
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby AgentR11 » Wed 17 Jun 2015, 17:58:11

re- "Russian invasion."

When properly used, the term "Russian Invasion" is in fact false. An accurate term, that looks very similar, is "an invasion of a large number of Russian individuals." That is indisputably true. It is also readily admitted by Putin, and everyone else. Thousands of Russian citizens have crossed the border, and are fighting against the "Evil Galatian Nazis"; no one denies this.

What is in dispute, and has absolutely *NOT* been proven, is any invasion of operational, intact Russian Federation forces, like an armored division or something. No one has been able to show anything that would suggest that were true.

What I think *is* true, but has not been proven, is that company sized, intact units, have occasionally surged across the border, to tip the scale just a little bit, and then quickly returned into Russia. That would explain more readily the periodic change of DNR forces from moderately successful, to being able to curb-stomp the UAF they come in contact with. I think this happened with the final capture of the airport ( I suspect Russian demolition guys and supplies were made available ), and also with Debaltstevo. This doesn't imply that the majority of losses by Galatia have been anything other than due to absolute stupidity in coming into contact with rebel DNR forces. But rather that Russia is willing to shape the battlefield in such a way that Galatia can't disengage, and can't win.

Putin is playing a grind-em down game; because he has all the time in the world, and already has completely secured the prize that he went to war to capture. Eventually, Galatia will run out of kids; or run out of the willingness to destroy their own demographic future; and Putin has enough time to wait for that to happen.

The result is inevitable. Galatia eventually stops fighting... because it has no one left to pull a trigger.

nb. Sanctions are permanent, arms sales to Galatia from the west will continue, above and below the table; Russia will muddle along just fine; and Xi.. omg Xi will have a heck of a time keeping a straight face next time he meets a US President...
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby GregT » Wed 17 Jun 2015, 22:04:25

Honestly mods, why do you allow Plantagenet to continue to troll these boards?
GregT
Coal
Coal

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Wed 17 Jun 2015, 22:24:56

Plantagenet wrote:
GregT wrote:[Russia did not annex Crimea…..

Alice: Sometimes I believe in as many as six impossible things before breakfast.
The Mad Hatter: That is an excellent practice.

And the Palestinians "voluntarily" "abandoned" their homes and farms.
Facebook knows you're a dog.
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

PreviousNext

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics