Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Putin Gobsmacks Uncle Sam … Again

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

Re: Putin Gobsmacks Uncle Sam … Again

Unread postby Cog » Sat 04 Jul 2015, 19:12:45

You mean the duly elected prime minister and his party.? Why be hating on the democratic process? You should glory in your country's lasting relationship with the USA. It brings so much to you and asks so little.

Why Prince Harry his ownself got involved in our little wars and was thrilled to be part of it.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Withnail » Sat 04 Jul 2015, 19:22:05

Cog wrote:You mean the duly elected prime minister and his party.? Why be hating on the democratic process? You should glory in your country's lasting relationship with the USA. It brings so much to you and asks so little.

Not elected by Scotland, that's for sure. Or the north east of England.

But that's not really the issue. Let's have a national vote on US bases in our country.

Cog wrote:Why Prince Harry his ownself got involved in our little wars and was thrilled to be part of it.

Wow, good on him. I'm sure it was a lot of fun.
Withnail
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Cog » Sat 04 Jul 2015, 19:46:27

You guys wouldn't be trying to duck out on your NATO responsibilities would you? That's not very nice all things considered.

You have elected representatives. Send yours a letter and suggest this very idea of a national vote and tell me what he thinks of it.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Withnail » Sat 04 Jul 2015, 19:52:23

Cog wrote:You guys wouldn't be trying to duck out on your NATO responsibilities would you? That's not very nice all things considered.

You have elected representatives. Send yours a letter and suggest this very idea of a national vote and tell me what he thinks of it.

Let's see how our NATO responsibilities work out if you try and get us into a real war, with Russia for example. Or China.

Here in Britain we have one leaky rubber boat we are currently trying to patch. But we can't find the damn hole. That's the Royal Navy.
Withnail
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Cog » Sat 04 Jul 2015, 20:06:24

As far as I can determine, we aren't trying to go to war with Russia. We have a NATO alliance which we are somewhat maintaining for our mutual protection. At the margins, the allies are trying to persuade, through sanctions, the Russians from getting too uppity. All perfectly legal and justifiable, considering the threat that Russia poses to the territorial integrity of its neighbors.

As far as Russia actually posing any real threat to NATO, except to border countries, Russia is very much a paper tiger militarily speaking. They just don't have the GDP to confront NATO if it comes down to that. Putin knows that all too well.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Withnail » Sat 04 Jul 2015, 20:11:51

Cog wrote:As far as I can determine, we aren't trying to go to war with Russia.

You should probably read a bit more widely then. And have a more subtle understanding. But being an American of your type, we already know this kind of thought is beyond you.
Withnail
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Cog » Sat 04 Jul 2015, 20:27:00

Russia' economy is very one dimensional. With the current low prices of oil, they have been hurt badly. They can barely manage a foothold in Ukraine. A country with a barely functional military.

Russia is incapable of launching anything close to a multi-divisional attack on anyone. But they still bear watching at the margins. Which is exactly what the West is doing by supporting our NATO allies in the region like Poland, the Baltics, and to some extent Ukraine a non-NATO country.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Withnail » Sat 04 Jul 2015, 20:30:03

Cog wrote:Russia' economy is very one dimensional. With the current low prices of oil, they have been hurt badly. They can barely manage a foothold in Ukraine. A country with a barely functional military.

Russia is incapable of launching anything close to a multi-divisional attack on anyone. But they still bear watching at the margins. Which is exactly what the West is doing by supporting our NATO allies in the region like Poland, the Baltics, and to some extent Ukraine a non-NATO country.

This is at the lowest level of analysis, just stuff you can get from reuters or whatever.

do you have anything new or interesting that people following this sector havent already heard?
Withnail
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Cog » Sat 04 Jul 2015, 20:34:10

Should I post some links from RT news? Would that make me more informed about the region? :lol:
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Withnail » Sat 04 Jul 2015, 20:45:30

Cog wrote:Should I post some links from RT news? Would that make me more informed about the region? :lol:

don't watch it myself. But if you insist, go right ahead.
Withnail
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby dissident » Sat 04 Jul 2015, 21:47:53

Every year Russia's capacity to neutralize any imperial war of aggression by NATO increases. By 2025 NATO will have no chances even it launches a pre-emptive nuclear strike. This is why Washington is running around trying to start a hot war now, before it loses its chance.

As for Ukraine. Russia's position is ideal. Watch the retarded f*cks who make up the Kiev regime sink together with the economy they ruined. You can't eat hate and ethno-chauvinism. And the Kiev regime's bestest pals in NATO don't want to cough up the money to prop them up (about $40 billion per year for 10 years or longer).
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby StarvingLion » Sat 04 Jul 2015, 22:57:24

Everybody is working on the 4th generation of nuclear weapons: micro fusion bombs, no fissile trigger required, no detectable radiation. These are weapons of mass disruption, not mass destruction. High altitude detonation, EMP. Precision weapon, make in large quantities. Imagine a cluster bomb.

Thats why there is enormous growing interest in fusion research for power plants.

You people are way behind the curve.
Outcast_Searcher is a fraud.
StarvingLion
Permanently Banned

Unread postby americandream » Mon 06 Jul 2015, 04:04:46

StarvingLion wrote:I've seen enough of the "Anglo-Saxon" version of Sodom and Gommorah. You can all flourish in your ghettos.

I've got my vodka and my chocolate...Munich here I come.

The Quantum Computer will be developed in Munich and then I shall watch California disintegrate into the equivalent of 1960's Vietnam.

Youll be alone in your cultural vacuum flask. Anglo Saxon capitalist values are sweeping even the once secure corridors of the Kremlin. Germany hasnt a hope in hell of withstanding it. The Chinese are practically tripping over themselves to get some of the action. Even the Islamic purist is not averse to the sensual pleasures of capitalist excess.

There are many positives we can use from this cultural system...it has given us much that can be appreciated. It is therefore a little hasty to seek to swop it for the likes of the brute tribalism that preceded it.....unless of course you prefer the idiocy and inconsistency of tribalism.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Previous

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics