Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Yes I am a conspiracy theorist

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Re: Yes I am a conspiracy theorist

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Sun 19 Jul 2015, 00:18:48

There is no other explanation for liquid steel at the sites than thermite type demolitions combustibles. The first few days after the events enough people thought kerosene would melt steel & no big deal. The NIST report instead denied outright any such finding occurred, denying all evidence contrary.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Pops » Sun 19 Jul 2015, 11:32:23

I agree, 9/11 is definitely a conspiracy, a plot to occupy minds with jibber-jabber while the NSA and whatever other alphabet agencies go about filling their Utah playpen with data they promise not to look at.
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Pops » Sun 19 Jul 2015, 15:47:16

I try to be realistic when it comes to building 7 (which I know nothing about, what it is or why it even matters) if there were some credible evidence bushco (or whoever) blew it up (or whatever happened to it - or didn't) I'm pretty sure someone somewhere would have raised a stink-Nixon got ousted over a 3rd class burglary, Clinton impeached for a blowjob. Since the government was not toppled (I'm pretty sure intentionally killing 3k people would have done it) I'm thinking it isn't worth the effort to get worked up over.

I think conspiracies are a great hobby, something to obsess and blather about. But if you've noticed, I have a tendency to want to DO something about things I get worked up over and the typical conspiracy is not really that kind of thing, it seems in fact that the best conspiracies are the ones that a person specifically can not do anything about except talk.
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Ibon » Sun 19 Jul 2015, 20:09:43

I have no final opinion of any of the conspiracies discussed. What I will say is that conspiracies keep things well inside the boundaries of human agency where most people are comfortable. Contrast that to how people feel when I go on about an Overshoot Predator?

Think about a mad group of pathologists making an airborne ebola virus and releasing this on a big city. A big conspiracy. Contrast this with the spread of an ebola virus as a natural event that creates a pandemic killing millions. Which of these two scenarios is more likely to fit peoples preconceived narratives?

In other words conspiracies keep things within the world of what we can control and also keep things in a somewhat dumbed down binary of the bad government or group oppressing the oppressed. Again , contrast this to something like climate change where you can not pin a clear good or evil polemic. The Koch brothers are making a conspiracy to discredit climate change is an easier narrative than actual physical climate change creating devastating consequences.
Especially if you want to exonerate yourself.

Monsanto is controlling governments and agriculture in a grand conspiracy and yet every one of us eats and poops and contributes to natural imbalances. Much easier to demonize than to see your place in the grand scheme of things.

Natural consequences are not within most folks ability to internalize where as a conspiracy is a very familiar narrative.

Having just countered the conspiracy narrative I will also admit that powerful groups are capable of covert actions to achieve their power agenda or defend their privilege. No doubt about that.

So who the hell knows at the end of the day?

Oh I forgot perhaps the most important reason of all people love conspiracies.... They are bored.
Patiently awaiting the pathogens. Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby onlooker » Sun 19 Jul 2015, 20:13:18

I will point out a difference here between Nixon, Clinton and 911. In the case of the Presidents, their was the rivalry between the two parties that set in motion the big hoopla. In the case of 911, this is truly the mother of conspiracies because it sheds light on the true nature of those who truly are pulling the strings on this planet and their distorted and wacko agenda for the world and it's inhabitants. I am sorry but I tend to lose patience with those who are so quick to discredit any ideas outside the mainstream as conspiracies and in turn any conspiracies as unrealistic or crazy. In particular those who would support the official version of 911 without investigating the extensive anomalies that exist with this version. It is odd how at this point in human history some cannot quite see how the entire system is so out of whack and how those who are in high positions in this system cannot and do not make decisions that are in the interests of the masses either in the short term and especially not in the long term. Power and money are so intertwined in this system that 911 seen through this prism becomes the supremely logical and advantageous event that defines the unsustainable trajectory that this system is taking us in.
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Cog » Sun 19 Jul 2015, 23:35:19

Its amazing that George Bush and the usual suspects the Jews could mastermind 911, with a cast of 1000's of willing participants, but not keep this secret from the probing minds that inhabit conspiracy websites.

By the way, the Elders of Zion pay me a pretty shekel to keep up the denial narrative. :-D .

Just stating the obvious.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Mon 20 Jul 2015, 00:01:29

If you want to keep digging, there are lists of likely contenders for likely holding inside knowledge, however, even Silverstein was never investigated for insurance fraud, despite numerous stinky aspects to his multi billion dollar multiple payouts. If an insurer can pay out upwards of 6 billion but not secure a fraud investigation, someone owns the prosecutor.

Besides, all the who dunnit crap & likelihood or otherwise of conspiracy ignores the blatantly obvious facts: planes & buildings don't vaporise without planning. The supposed hijackers had no benefit from vaporising planes, or any cause to vaporise building 7, so even if it were possible, why?
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Cog » Mon 20 Jul 2015, 01:51:09

Plane parts were found at all of the crash sites. Vaporized means completely gone. Not the case and never was the case.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Mon 20 Jul 2015, 05:13:02

Near enough, yawn.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Pops » Mon 20 Jul 2015, 08:54:00

People decided god wanted them to fly planes into buildings.

There is your conspiracy.
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Mon 20 Jul 2015, 15:21:20

Kewl, why didn't I think of that? I must be frigging stupid hey!
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby onlooker » Mon 20 Jul 2015, 15:23:46

Pops wrote:People decided god wanted them to fly planes into buildings.

There is your conspiracy.

that is not a conspiracy that is just crazy people. :lol: 8)
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Mon 20 Jul 2015, 15:47:03

Pops hasn't even looked, bought the Commission Report holus bolus, like lots of peeps. A weird form of brain damage went viral that day.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby onlooker » Mon 20 Jul 2015, 16:07:07

Seems their are always a group of people very reluctant to accept conspiracies or similar events that are far from the conventional manner or politically correct manner in which society views things
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Pops » Mon 20 Jul 2015, 16:49:49

Yeah, all you enlightened folks have a real advantage over me because you have the inside track and know The Truth as revealed by Kunstler Himself.

[Hallelujah]

wait, what was the advantage again?

how different do you act because of this secret knowledge?

what have you done differently as a result of this horrendous realization?

I'll tell you my opinion, it is just another little mind game you play with yourself. Just like the I'm Cassandra dress-up contest and the I'm a Realist® internet challenge and the Everyone Else But Me Is A Deluded Sheep bored game.

O well, you win, I concede.
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Mon 20 Jul 2015, 19:00:21

Whereas your little mind game is played with lots of people. I couldn't care less about Kunstler. It is obvious to anyone not brainwashed that the whole official story is utter hocum. You want to believe a stack of lies, fine, at least you won't be lonely.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby onlooker » Mon 20 Jul 2015, 19:19:02

I would not say it is a mind game. Their is nothing to be gained by investigating and having opinions on these matters. Their is not any ulterior motive. I speak for myself as my underlying reason to investigate certain matters is curiosity and wishing to know what may be the "truth". Kind of like a detective or something. I do not admit to the view that one cannot find out certain truths on the Net. I think one can make reasonable conjectures and find a standard of beyond a reasonable doubt so as reach certain conclusions and hold certain opinions and convictions. It just so happens that one of my convictions is that 911 was an inside job. I have yet to read anything that would make me waiver on my conviction.
onlooker
Fission
Fission

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic Discussion