Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

+++Turkey shot down Russian Fighter Jet+++

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

Re: +++Turkey shot down Russian Fighter Jet+++

Unread postby AgentR11 » Wed 23 Dec 2015, 12:24:00

Well, its becoming apparent that Turkey really did believe that shooting down a bomber would cause Russia to pull back in some fashion.

But.....
This week, Russia flew 302 sorties, for 1,093 strikes on those they view as terrorists.

The level of fantasy thinking in Turkey is just amazing.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby dissident » Wed 23 Dec 2015, 16:20:47

AgentR11 wrote:Well, its becoming apparent that Turkey really did believe that shooting down a bomber would cause Russia to pull back in some fashion.

But.....
This week, Russia flew 302 sorties, for 1,093 strikes on those they view as terrorists.

The level of fantasy thinking in Turkey is just amazing.

If those are not terrorists then there is not such thing as terrorists. Funny how American games with words about the "war on terror" that included destroying Iraq and Afghanistan, two countries where the targets were not terrorists are OK but Russia targeting Daesh (ISIS/ISIL), al Nusra (aka Al Qaeda), and a bunch of other homologues is Russia "claiming" it is attacking terrorists. Y'all are so brainwashed it ain't funny.

Saddam's regime and the Taliban were never going foment strife in America to create some "caliphate". But the raison d'etre of Daesh and friends to establish a Salafi caliphate spanning from North Africa, to the North Caucuses (inside Russa) and into Central Asia, and of course the whole Middle East. Russia has infinitely more justification for bombing this vermin into oblivion than the USA ever had to take out Saddam and the Taliban.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby AgentR11 » Wed 23 Dec 2015, 16:25:42

I didn't say they weren't terrorists. I simply have no way to know for sure. However, I approve of the Russian action in Syria and wish them great hunting. Though it would be cool to fake the Russians out with a predator drone and have them live fire the S400 so we could record its emissions for future study. :-D I'm tacky like that though.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Previous

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics