Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

How are you going to feel Wednesday?

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Re: How are you going to feel Wednesday?

Unread postby Cog » Wed 09 Nov 2016, 09:00:15

This election was not about race. Trump got substantial black and Hispanic votes. It was about restoring the rule of law and preventing illegals from flooding into our country. Too bad you butt hurt liberals can't see that.

Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Pops » Wed 09 Nov 2016, 09:03:45

says the battle flag
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Cog » Wed 09 Nov 2016, 09:46:02

That flag still burns your ass doesn't it? LOL

Why do you think I use it here and no other board?

Time to quit crying about your girl Hillary's loss and get about the business of making America great again.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Wed 09 Nov 2016, 09:46:25

Ding Dong the witch is dead the witch is dead the witch is dead the witch is dead!!! Ding dong the wicked witch is dead.
:-D
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Subjectivist » Wed 09 Nov 2016, 09:58:27

vtsnowedin wrote:Ding Dong the witch is dead the witch is dead the witch is dead the witch is dead!!! Ding dong the wicked witch is dead.
:-D

For the first time in years I feel like my vote actually mattered!

Remember eight years ago President Obama reminded us voters, elections have consequences. Shockingly those who just lost can't believe they are now the ones facing those consequences.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Cog » Wed 09 Nov 2016, 10:21:52

Progressives had their shot at it and now its over. Time to get behind the president and make America great again.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby mmasters » Wed 09 Nov 2016, 10:42:39

I'm so happy! Drain the swamp!
mmasters
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Wed 09 Nov 2016, 10:45:30

Pops,
While my Wife didn't cry she was upset. German immigrant herself, her parents lived WWII.

I know it's not much solace, and I do agree there is a racial element. I don't think it's the prevailing element for most folks. Some? Sure.

Think of it this way, would you have liked Cruz better?

What I really didn't like, although I guess I should have expected it, was the polarization, the abject hatred for those true believers on either side. We humans have a mean streak and it was in clear display during this election. It was exposed.

The good side is that it is a minority of about 20% who are so deeply invested in either pole. The vast majority of us are much more mainstream, more easy going.

The danger going forward is that the vitriol continues to boil and effect larger segments of the population .

All that said, it's easy for me. I got my dual USA/Canadian citizenship years ago and i have a place to go should I need to. It's much more difficult for my kids. I suspect that were a couple of them to get together today harsh words would be exchanged. I don't like that. I've been working on healing family wounds and this doesn't make it easier. My personal civil war.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Pops » Wed 09 Nov 2016, 11:41:17

Actually Newf it isn't the right / left that worries me. So yeah, as repulsive as Cruz is I think he at least has a grasp of and some respect for the constitution and trump demonstrably does not.
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Cog » Wed 09 Nov 2016, 11:55:10

What part of the Second Amendment did Hillary respect? She wanted to overturn the Heller decision which established that the Second Amendment was an individual right to bear arms. Is the 2nd Amendment not part of the Constitution?
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby evilgenius » Wed 09 Nov 2016, 12:18:29

Actually, I voted for Hillary and I don't feel too bad. I expected this. I know people who voted for Trump. I listened to what they had to say. I know that Donald Trump represents some very ignored people. Because of the two party system they had to find a candidate in the same person that a lot of reprehensible people also supported, but that didn't mean they supported him for the same reasons.

I'm worried that the stock market has not reacted negatively to Trump's victory the next day. The futures were down last night, but that cleared up by the time I got up. It makes me think that they don't really understand the systemic changes that are about to take place. Trump will have to address the big corporate hold over the flow of money. It would have been better for investors if they had humbled themselves in appreciation of this ahead of time rather than wait to see if they could get away with continuing to not care about what the companies they own are doing. It makes you wonder if they have an ace up their sleeve?
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby GoghGoner » Wed 09 Nov 2016, 12:22:55

The market bounced back after Trump's acceptance speech. Everybody realized that we have BAU.
GoghGoner
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Cog » Wed 09 Nov 2016, 12:34:18

Merck and Pfizer, no longer under the threat of Hillary sticking a boot on their neck, are on an upward tear. Fortunately, I'm heavily weighted in that sector. This is going to be a great day if you have stocks.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Wed 09 Nov 2016, 12:42:30

GoghGoner wrote:The market bounced back after Trump's acceptance speech. Everybody realized that we have BAU.

+1

Yup. The panicers that act like Trump will single-handedly decimate the US economy seem to forget that everyone else on Capitol Hill will be against that.

Of course, congress loves to spend money. So we might continue to get more debt (which I'm against). But the dems seemed to think lots more debt (to the tune of about $9 trillion) being added to the national debt under Obama was just fine. Funny how that perception shifts if their person isn't at the helm. (And before hard lefties try it the "It was all Dubya's fault" ship sailed many years ago. At SOME point, you must take some responsibility for Obama's policies and big deficit spending).

So, even if Trump wrangles a "you can spend if I can cut taxes" deal, it's BAU overall.

So really -- doomers love to forecast doom, but the panic seems way overdone to me. The stock market managed to figure that out overnight -- the wisdom of crowds works again.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Cog » Wed 09 Nov 2016, 13:08:00

You mean the rape case where the plaintiff withdrew her civil suit on November 4th? I swear you left wingers don't keep up with the news. But thanks for playing the victim game.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... laims.html

The woman who alleged that Donald Trump sexually assaulted her at billionaire pedophile Jeffrey Epstein's notorious 'sex parties' in 1994 when she was a 13-year-old has dropped the civil lawsuit that was filed against him.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Newfie » Wed 09 Nov 2016, 15:16:58

Cog,
If you are interested look at the related Snopes article where they dismissed this and other cases as false. An interesting tid bit about Bill appears toward the end.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby TITAN » Sun 13 Nov 2016, 12:50:30

TIME TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
Free Palestine - Christ is King - Revelation 2:9
TITAN
Coal
Coal

Location: The defunct, borderless economic zone formally known as 'USA'

Unread postby TITAN » Sun 13 Nov 2016, 12:53:19

Newfie wrote:Cog,
If you are interested look at the related Snopes article where they dismissed this and other cases as false. An interesting tid bit about Bill appears toward the end.

Snopes is 100% controlled, biased bullshit. It's literally an old couple with 50 cats, making up stories in their basement.
Free Palestine - Christ is King - Revelation 2:9
TITAN
Coal
Coal

Location: The defunct, borderless economic zone formally known as 'USA'

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic Discussion