Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Why America Is Headed For A Depression

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: Why America Is Headed For A Depression

Unread postby MadScientist » Fri 22 Aug 2008, 14:05:11

threadbear wrote:If you cant tolerate the international super atomic wedgie that is about to be inflicted upon you

lol good one. Guess in all my years on the internet i've been too ignorant to notice the massive organized efforts to take down the US. Care to provide some sort of link pretaining to said superwedgie? IMO a US depression will likely be AS BAD or worse for your country.

It is not up to us to play suck up to the retarded bully on the playground who steals everyone's lunch.

who cares if you call it sucking up? The reality is that the US has/is supporting your country in a very real and valuable way. We have been powerful enough long enough that our diplomats have MET NEEDS in every corner of the world.

So if you think ranting and calling names is gonna change anything, well, stick to your playground.
"The future power is manpower"
MadScientist
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby vision-master » Fri 22 Aug 2008, 14:22:43

vision-master

Unread postby MadScientist » Fri 22 Aug 2008, 14:25:44

vision-master wrote:Image

aww you miss golem dont you.
MadScientist
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby vision-master » Fri 22 Aug 2008, 14:29:49

MadScientist wrote:
vision-master wrote:Image

aww you miss golem dont you.

This place is boring as hell.

You all read from the same script!

Anyone here with [s]a[/s] the right brain? :razz:
vision-master

Unread postby vision-master » Fri 22 Aug 2008, 14:32:53

Got debt down
Got Ammo
Got Food
Got water
Got extra fuel

What TF else is one to do? Hash over the same Hash(ish)? :cool:
vision-master

Unread postby MadScientist » Fri 22 Aug 2008, 14:38:40

vision-master wrote:Got debt down
Got Ammo
Got Food
Got water
Got extra fuel

What TF else is one to do? Hash over the same Hash(ish)? :cool:

get that heart pumpin out love to the world. ^ ^
MadScientist
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby kdenninger » Fri 22 Aug 2008, 14:49:26

"Veggie oil".

Pretty funny, given that I've cited (more than once) the path out of this mess in an article I wrote on my other blog, Musings, back in 2006 - before there was a Ticker or Tickerforum.

Of course those who have their intent to attack instead of learn never bother to do the research first.

For those who are interested in actually understanding my position on this matter, the article is still there. It outlined a path forward to a sustainable infrastructure that consumed no oil from the ground 30 years hence for transportation uses.

http://musings.denninger.net

You do the search. It would seem appropriate that you spend 10 minutes to be informed about the opinions of those who you bash before you do so.
kdenninger
Wood
Wood

Unread postby vision-master » Fri 22 Aug 2008, 14:54:42

Of course those who have their intent to attack instead of learn never bother to do the research first.

What, learn the ways of the two-hearted ones?
vision-master

Unread postby Roccland » Fri 22 Aug 2008, 15:03:47

kdenninger wrote:"Veggie oil".

Pretty funny, given that I've cited (more than once) the path out of this mess in an article I wrote on my other blog, Musings, back in 2006 - before there was a Ticker or Tickerforum.

For those who are interested in actually understanding my position on this matter, the article is still there. It outlined a path forward to a sustainable infrastructure that consumed no oil from the ground 30 years hence for transportation uses.

You do the search. It would seem appropriate that you spend 10 minutes to be informed about the opinions of those who you bash before you do so.

Well here is what you wrote last year karl...

1. My Jetta runs just fine on VEGETABLE oil. It will also run on diesel made from blue-green algae, which, by the way, is prolific enough to replace ALL of our transportation fuel with a ZERO impact to food production. Mass production does require lots of water and, for maximum efficiency, light (gee, nuclear power could solve both of those problems handily couldn't it?) Biodiesel blends with petro in any mixture from 0-100%. I have successfully made biodiesel personally and operated both my boat's genset and my Jetta on it. The exhaust smells kinda like french fries. Right now, today, we can replace about 3-4% of transport fuel with biodiesel made from waste vegetable oil if we reprocess it all. This fuel (assuming zero cost for the waste oil as its already been used for its intended purpose) literally costs 50 cents/gallon to make in small quantities.

2. Rails can be electrified (nuclear again.)

3. The remaining problem is aircraft. Jet engines, due to a number of reasons, cannot currently run on diesel (bio or otherwise.) This is possibly fixable, but there are REAL issues (cloud point being a biggie, even if you can solve the flow and burn rate issues with engine redesign)

Peak oil does not equal "die off".

However, people like Rocc sure as fuck want to make it that way! They've managed to back us into a corner where we are forced to intervene in unstable nations to protect our energy supply because they have denied us the means to be energy-independant while we transition off petroleum as our primary transport fuel.

The raw dishonesty of Rocc's position is that HE IS PART OF WHY WE ARE IN THE BOX!

Nothing like a LIEberal to create a problem and then blame someone else for it.

Looks like it is all the fault of liberals...

The part in bold is laughable above in your quote...

Perhaps you should do a bit more reading.

Veggie oil VWs are not gonna cut it...

And yes- peak oil does = a massive human die off...because karl we eat oil.

Really.
500 MPH into a brick wall - me
Roccland
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby MadScientist » Fri 22 Aug 2008, 15:06:33

kdenninger wrote:"Veggie oil".

In the last 2 years has your position changed?

If not, how long before your plan becomes unable to save us from the effects of energy depletion?

Because while demand destruction (conservation + price shock) is part of your solution (and a valid one), new drilling ( 10 years) is the core of it.
MadScientist
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Roccland » Fri 22 Aug 2008, 15:24:09

You see - Karl is in the drill'n camp, but because of us liberal (not the fact that 7 billion can't live on the planet)...we have high gasoline prices...

Read more from karl...

and you guys thought I was rude...

Here's the prescription:

1. Drill for everything we have. All petroleum that comes off the US EEZ may only be sold in America. Period. No exceptions.

2. Build the infrastructure to convert coal and to convert shale. Strip mine the fuck out of the Colorado shale deposits.

3. Build Nuclear plants. Permit 200 of them over the next five years, no delays allowed other than for the required geo survey (geological stability) Bring enough nuclear energy online to stand down our existing coal and natural gas electrical plants within the next 20 years on this plan. The mix is set between pebble bed and breeders so as to make the infrastructure fuel-self-sufficient. THERE IS NO FUEL ISSUE IF YOU RUN BREEDERS. Quit LYING about the yellow cake issue - its a fucking strawman just like the rest of your goddamn arguments which are ALL comprised of ARITIFICAL constraints.

4. Electrify the entire US rail system. All of it. See #3 for where we get the power.

5. Build large-scale blue-green algae biofuel production. This does not impact food production as it goes on non-arable land (requires the nuclear plants to desal the water and for pumping/etc purposes) This infrastructure slowly displaces the need for petroleum for transportation fuel (biodiesel) as (1) it comes online and (2) it is more cost-effective than (1) and (2). The allocation is natural based on cost.

Do this, 20 years from now we're on 100% renewables, within 7-10 years we are moving towards 100% nuclear electrical generation and rail is electrified, and we can tell the ragheads to go fuck themselves in about 6-7 years.

This does not violate any "peak oil" crap because it is not dependant on "peak oil"; it exploits what we have as a bridge to a 100% renewable, carbon-cycle neutral replacement for transport fuels while transitioning all electrical generation off fossil fuel combustion.

Why has it not been done? Because the assclowns on the left don't want us to be on an ecologically sound replacement that actually allows us to live our present lifestyle. They want YOU to have to ration your Air Conditioner use (while THEY, aka Al Gore and Edwards, have their mansions EXEMPT from such rules), they want YOU to drive electric cars that are full of lead and can only go 50 miles on a charge hwile THEY fly in their LEARJETS, and they want US, as a nation, to "feel other nation's pain" (as long as its not THEY who has to take the heat too!)

THAT'S the truth of this.

We CAN solve these problems; we've been systematically prevented from doing so BY THE RADICAL LEFT for more than TWENTY YEARS.

FUCK THAT SHIT.

ARE WE LATE?

FUCK YES.

WHY?

BECAUSE OF YOU ROCCMAN; YOU DON'T WANT SOLUTIONS, YOU WANT US TO FUCKING ROT IN THE CESSPOOL THAT YOU AND YOUR CRONIES HAVE ENGINEERED!

Guess no one has told karl that we use 6 barrels of oil for every one we find.
Roccland
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby vision-master » Fri 22 Aug 2008, 15:38:56

an like 25,000,000 barrels year are used right here in the USA just to keep the ship from sinking and WE wan't to keep the party going? For how long?

No, life is going to change, it's written in the sands. :razz:
vision-master

Unread postby Roccland » Fri 22 Aug 2008, 15:42:41

vision-master wrote:an like 25,000,000 barrels year are used right here in the USA just to keep the ship from sinking and WE wan't to keep the party going? For how long?

You MUST be one of them liberal thangs!!!

STOP SUEING PEOPLE!!!!

and it will all be made right.

Really...karl sez so...
Roccland
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby vision-master » Fri 22 Aug 2008, 15:44:00

Roccland wrote:
vision-master wrote:an like 25,000,000 barrels year are used right here in the USA just to keep the ship from sinking and WE wan't to keep the party going? For how long?

You MUST be one of them liberal thangs!!!

STOP SUEING PEOPLE!!!!

and it will all be made right.

Really...karl sez so...

I ain't no suit. I hate suits................

I bet he's going nutz cause he's powerless here. :razz:
vision-master

Unread postby MadScientist » Fri 22 Aug 2008, 15:45:48

karl you gotta understand rocc is wayyy beyond left. Rocc got so deep in the hole he discovered that any solution, even a dam good one like yours, is only going to WORSEN our situation. you see, resource depletion is EPIDEMIC. Oil's just the first of a rapidly cascading wave of "Peak's" all caused by one, seemingly innocent, misunderstood and underestimated word:

O
V
E
R
P
O
P
U
L
A
T
I
O
N

I believe he is right. However, I also believe 99% of the world's population will never even BEGIN to accept that fact as anything more that PSYCHOTIC CRAZINESS. Just not part of joe six pack's equipment.
MadScientist
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Roccland » Fri 22 Aug 2008, 15:59:31

MadScientist wrote:karl you gotta understand rocc is wayyy beyond left. Rocc got so deep in the hole he discovered that any solution, even a dam good one like yours, is only going to WORSEN our situation. you see, resource depletion is EPIDEMIC. Oil's just the first of a rapidly cascading wave of "Peak's" all caused by one, seemingly innocent, misunderstood and underestimated word:

O
V
E
R
P
O
P
U
L
A
T
I
O
N

I believe he is right. However, I also believe 99% of the world's population will never even BEGIN to accept that fact as anything more that PSYCHOTIC CRAZINESS. Just not part of joe six pack's equipment.

Karl will tell you he "knows all about overshoot"...

Uh - huh...

Yeah - once you have tasted a fine french wine you never go back to mad dog 20/20...

And although I don't drink...you are right.

I am post political...and karl thinks our current system is geared to fix a global overshoot -

OVERSHOOT is not even being talked about.

Karl is dead wrong.

He could be a powerful force, but he has his blinders on.
Roccland
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby MadScientist » Fri 22 Aug 2008, 16:12:33

there are people who might be considered "global elitists", like David Rockefeller, who have things to say about overshoot.

Maybe Karl is right and our current system IS geared to fix global overshoot. hehe.

personally, I think "they" know whats coming in 2012 and are just prepping to survive it :p
MadScientist
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby vision-master » Fri 22 Aug 2008, 16:14:14

MadScientist wrote:there are people who might be considered "global elitists", like David Rockefeller, who have things to say about overshoot.

Maybe Karl is right and our current system IS geared to fix global overshoot. hehe.

personally, I think "they" know whats coming in 2012 and are just prepping to survive it :p

2012? Yikes............. :razz:
vision-master

Unread postby Newbtrader » Fri 22 Aug 2008, 16:18:34

Roccland wrote:Karl will tell you he "knows all about overshoot"...

Uh - huh...

Yeah - once you have tasted a fine french wine you never go back to mad dog 20/20...

I am post political...and karl thinks our current system is geared to fix a global overshoot -

Karl is dead wrong.

Rocc, have you ever participated in a real discussion/debate in real life? Many of you guys debate worse than I did when I was in 8th grade, seriously.

You set up straw man after straw man, and tear it to shreds. Bravo! Why not simply debate the points being discussed and leave it at that? Looking at this place, it seems like there are only a few people who actually use their brain. BigTex (I think that was the SN) brought up many good points, yet his points get ignored. It seems like you fools have such a hard on for karl that you can't stick to the topic and actually conduct a DISCUSSION.
Newbtrader
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Roccland » Fri 22 Aug 2008, 16:20:50

Newbtrader wrote:
Roccland wrote:Karl will tell you he "knows all about overshoot"...

Uh - huh...

Karl is dead wrong.

Rocc, have you ever participated in a real discussion/debate in real life? Many of you guys debate worse than I did when I was in 8th grade, seriously.

You set up straw man after straw man, and tear it to shreds. Bravo! Why not simply debate the points being discussed and leave it at that? Looking at this place, it seems like there are only a few people who actually use their brain. BigTex (I think that was the SN) brought up many good points, yet his points get ignored. It seems like you fools have such a hard on for karl that you can't stick to the topic and actually conduct a DISCUSSION.

I see word at TF is spreading.

This is good.

Naw bro...I play like karl playz...dirty...cheap shots...etc.

Others here are more ...ummm...articulate...

Me...I'll just tell ya to shut the fvck up - like now.
Roccland
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

PreviousNext

Return to Economics & Finance