Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Zimbabwe Thread pt 2

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Out of Food Zimbabweans Resort To Eating Cow Dung

Unread postby 3aidlillahi » Sat 27 Dec 2008, 23:41:05

There are, of course, exceptions but exceptions that seem to prove the rule.

Interesting. Let's see what other people think about the notion that "exceptions ... prove the rule"
wisconsin_cur wrote:Saying these things are "universally true" and the exceptions just prove the rule, is about as intelligent as white people who castigate blacks, "except for my friend Jim, he's ok" or "Mexicans are lazy except for Jose at the factory, he works hard" or any other bit of racist/tribal/cultural simplifications that serve only to create false divisions.

Ah yes.
At least if someone mocks them it might make one of them get mad and do something about it.

No offense Tex but I don't think that you're popular enough that, after they're done eating fecal matter, Zimbabweans jump on their computer to read what a guy thousands of kilometers away has to say about the previous activity. If they can't get rice, I'm just wondering the odds of them having even dial-up.

Although if I'm ever reduced to eating poop, you're the person I want to mock me. :)
Riches are not from abundance of worldly goods, but from a contented mind.
3aidlillahi
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby ReverseEngineer » Sat 27 Dec 2008, 23:44:25

deMolay wrote:
Reverse Engineer wrote:Why would you bother doing that when you have feed lots right here in the USA and future Dung Eaters like yourself?
Boy you can be nasty Reverse.

I was being nice.

Reverse Engineer
ReverseEngineer
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby wisconsin_cur » Sat 27 Dec 2008, 23:47:43

3aidlillahi wrote:
There are, of course, exceptions but exceptions that seem to prove the rule.

Interesting. Let's see what other people think about the notion that "exceptions ... prove the rule"
wisconsin_cur wrote:Saying these things are "universally true" and the exceptions just prove the rule, is about as intelligent as white people who castigate blacks, "except for my friend Jim, he's ok" or "Mexicans are lazy except for Jose at the factory, he works hard" or any other bit of racist/tribal/cultural simplifications that serve only to create false divisions.

:)

Consistency is over rated.... except for in pudding... pudding should always be exactly the same.

edit: In my defense, from that other thread I did also say,
This does not mean that there are not real differences that we could talk about, only that they are not simple nor are they of the kind listed above.

But your point remains and the pressure would be on me to either defend the idea that I am not being inconsistent or to change a position either here or there... and I will think about it... after I get some sleep.
; - )
Frankly, I'm just honored to be quoted to myself to counter myself.
Last edited by wisconsin_cur on Sat 27 Dec 2008, 23:57:19, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.thenewfederalistpapers.com
wisconsin_cur
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby BigTex » Sat 27 Dec 2008, 23:50:42

3aidlillahi wrote:
At least if someone mocks them it might make one of them get mad and do something about it.

No offense Tex but I don't think that you're popular enough that, after they're done eating fecal matter, Zimbabweans jump on their computer to read what a guy thousands of kilometers away has to say about the previous activity. If they can't get rice, I'm just wondering the odds of them having even dial-up.
Although if I'm ever reduced to eating poop, you're the person I want to mock me. :)

I'm not sure what the proper response is to people on the other side of the world eating poop.

I thought a little humor might help, but maybe not.

Maybe we should all just sit quietly and wring our hands with great sincerity.

You're probably right about the poop-eaters not having a high speed internet connection, though.

On the subject of eating poop, anyone remember this one...
BigTex
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby mos6507 » Sun 28 Dec 2008, 00:05:59

ReverseEngineer wrote:OK, they are really talking about deriving methane here, not actually making Beer, but the point would be that dung actually has quite a bit of energy value left in it. Processed properly, there is no reason to assume we couldn't enjoy a meal of Soylent Brown in the future! A little artificial sweetener, it probably would taste just like a Hershey Bar! Think about that the next time you have a craving for Chocolate :-)

You're always good for a new sig line, RE.

:lol:
mos6507

Unread postby BigTex » Sun 28 Dec 2008, 00:10:03

Here is a nice one from a few years ago.

BigTex
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby TheDude » Sun 28 Dec 2008, 00:35:24

ReverseEngineer wrote:So contrast the 2 alternatives in your mind: Die vs Eat Sh*t?

You could always Eat Shiit and Die.

How about calling up Congresscritters and demanding they send some subsidized corn to these poor bastards?
Cogito, ergo non satis bibivi
And let me tell you something: I dig your work.
TheDude
Expert
Expert

Unread postby emailking » Sun 28 Dec 2008, 01:30:38

BigTex wrote:Everything I write here has a mocking tone. Some call it humor. Where have you been?

It absolutely doesn't matter. Playing the victim card and acting dumb ("what should I have said") is a pathetic response to being called out on getting a laugh at starving people's expense.
emailking
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby hardtootell » Sun 28 Dec 2008, 01:52:22

It shows how far down a once prosperous society can be driven by corruption and political motives...

This story is a lot like Haitians eating clay.

And they call me crazy for buying a farm!
hardtootell
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Ayoob » Sun 28 Dec 2008, 02:28:42

TheDude wrote:
ReverseEngineer wrote:So contrast the 2 alternatives in your mind: Die vs Eat Sh*t?
You could always Eat Shiit and Die. How about calling up Congresscritters and demanding they send some subsidized corn to these poor bastards?

How much of your own money have you sent in the relief effort?
Ayoob
Expert
Expert

Unread postby BigTex » Sun 28 Dec 2008, 02:40:07

emailking wrote:
BigTex wrote:Everything I write here has a mocking tone. Some call it humor. Where have you been?
It absolutely doesn't matter. Playing the victim card and acting dumb ("what should I have said") is a pathetic response to being called out on getting a laugh at starving people's expense.

Okay.

I will try to be more tactful.

I'll also pass your message on to Mel Brooks if I see him.

BigTex
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby mos6507 » Sun 28 Dec 2008, 03:02:57

I personally appreciate a little levity with my doom every now and then. A spoonful of sugar helps the [s]medicine[/s]soylent brown go down.

mos6507

Unread postby ReverseEngineer » Sun 28 Dec 2008, 03:17:46

TheDude wrote:You could always Eat Shiit and Die. How about calling up Congresscritters and demanding they send some subsidized corn to these poor bastards?

Give a man a Fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to Fish, he eats for a lifetime.

Food Aid from industrialized agriculture along with the destruction of the local fisheries both from industrial pollution as well as overfishing from mechanized fishing boats stole the environment and livelihood from these people. It encouraged more of them to breed than the land can support. That they are dieing now is a tragedy, but sending them food is a pointless exercise.

In short order, nobody is going to be sending food aid to anybody else, in fact just bartering to get food is going to get pretty hard. Gold certainly won't buy you food. Oil might buy you some food.

I don't expect much food aid coming this way once the monetary system tanks. If we can't fish it up, we will starve also. Will we devolve to eating Moose Pies? I don't know. As I said, I did read that at one time the Aleuts mixed Seal Sh*t with Blubber for winter sustenance.

It is sad that these folks had their environment so destroyed under Rhodesian rulersip and became so dependent as a result of the colonial period and the slave trade, but that is history that cannot be fixed. Nor can the decimation of many other cultures which all fell under the knife of western imperialism and then Big Oil. The only good thing you can say here is that now the same thing is coming to a Theatre Near You. That is Justice.

Reverse Engineer
ReverseEngineer
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby cube » Sun 28 Dec 2008, 03:20:42

BigTex wrote:
emailking wrote:*insert cry baby comment*

Okay. I will try to be more tactful.
+1
:-D 8)
cube
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Quinny » Sun 28 Dec 2008, 03:33:59

Is the Zimbabwe environment so bad? I got the impression there were fields not being used because of economic reasons. The dependence on artificial fertilizer and pesticide could surely be overcome.
ReverseEngineer wrote:
TheDude wrote:
You could always Eat Shiit and Die. How about calling up Congresscritters and demanding they send some subsidized corn to these poor bastards?
Give a man a Fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to Fish, he eats for a lifetime.

Food Aid from industrialized agriculture along with the destruction of the local fisheries both from industrial pollution as well as overfishing from mechanized fishing boats stole the environment and livelihood from these people. It encouraged more of them to breed than the land can support. That they are dieing now is a tragedy, but sending them food is a pointless exercise.
In short order, nobody is going to be sending food aid to anybody else, in fact just bartering to get food is going to get pretty hard. Gold certainly won't buy you food. Oil might buy you some food.
I don't expect much food aid coming this way once the monetary system tanks. If we can't fish it up, we will starve also. Will we devolve to eating Moose Pies? I don't know. As I said, I did read that at one time the Aleuts mixed Seal Sh*t with Blubber for winter sustenance.
It is sad that these folks had their environment so destroyed under Rhodesian rulersip and became so dependent as a result of the colonial period and the slave trade, but that is history that cannot be fixed. Nor can the decimation of many other cultures which all fell under the knife of western imperialism and then Big Oil. The only good thing you can say here is that now the same thing is coming to a Theatre Near You. That is Justice.
Live, Love, Learn, Leave Legacy.....oh and have a Laugh while you're doing it!
Quinny
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby deMolay » Sun 28 Dec 2008, 07:44:11

One of the lessons to take from Zimbabwe is be good to your farmers. Until the meglomaniac Mugabe drove the White Farmers off the land, Zimbabwe was a food exporter. He expropiated the farmland and drove the White Farmers out. You don't learn to farm in 5 minutes. Know your local farmer.
"We Are All Travellers, From The Sweet Grass To The Packing House, From Birth To Death, We Wander Between The Two Eternities". An Old Cowboy.
deMolay
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Cloud9 » Sun 28 Dec 2008, 09:49:36

Part of the problem lies in America’s own history. We could not look at Rhodesia without seeing White and Black. We projected on to Rhodesia White guilt and forced the Whites in Rhodesia to pay the price for four hundred years of European imperialism. We sat back and watched a thug drive the White minority out giving very little thought to the plight of that minority.

In the inner circles of the White liberal elite, there was considerable satisfaction in the thought that the poor down trodden Black man had finally seized what was his. The theft of property from a White man in Africa was accepted and even applauded.

The left knows that anything a White man owns in Africa was taken by the barrel of a gun from a Black man. The Black man was simply seizing what was his. Theft became legitimized.

In a society ruled by thugs, there is no incentive to develop property. If you have a nice car sitting on the street it will be stolen. If you fix the irrigation, if you repair the fences and your farm becomes productive a more powerful thug will take it away from you. The only way to have anything in a thugocracy is to have something not worth stealing.
Cloud9
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Pretorian » Sun 28 Dec 2008, 11:38:19

I wonder if there are any established price for a cow-dung right now in ex-Rhodesia. May be just a few nutcases ate the dung to make a story like this for us?
Well anyways the West is guilty in this situation. They bred a small number of tribes into an unruly 10mln+ heads herd. I think we should dispatch euthanasia machines immediatly. Or a batch of used syringes at the very least.
Pretorian
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Pretorian » Sun 28 Dec 2008, 11:42:22

P.S There are still two newborns for each deadman overthere. I guess cows sh-it a lot in Zimbabwe.
Pretorian
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby BigTex » Sun 28 Dec 2008, 11:47:20

I am really surprised that Mugabe has held on as long as he has.

Bullets typically have a way of finding their way into heads like his far earlier in this process.

The sad thing is that even once Mugabe gets planted by some African Patrick Henry, it is still likely to be many years (if ever) before things get back to anything like normal in Zimbabwe.

To do list for Zimbabwe:

Kill Robert Mugabe and put head on a pike
Get food
Stop spread of disease
Stabilize currency
Give the white people their stolen property back
Begin to encourage foreign investment
BigTex
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

PreviousNext