Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Zimbabwe Thread pt 2

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Gold $2000 Cup of Coffee $20 Bucks

Unread postby americandream » Thu 29 Oct 2009, 01:41:58

White supremacy

Gender supremacy

=

Financial gain.

For as long as there is the potential for personal gain, ie, the potential for the extraction of surplus from labour, there will be the "supremacies" as I put it. If anything, the white West is ascendent to a much greater degree than in previous centuries, less obviously so however. These days, we both bomb them and lavish them with aid and charity.

Less directly, we invest in their wretched sweat shops and seduce their leaders into investing in our countries. But yes, the more obvious forms of racism have made way for a more sophisticated relationship as capitalism matures from its early more regional incarnation into a global order.

Kristen wrote:
Dr. Ofellati wrote:
eastbay wrote:
.... uh, to be more precise.... it WAS agricultural. Past tense.

The Whites created and maintained the agricultural sector of the Zimbabwe economy.

The truth is venomous. The truth is, everywhere white colonial rulers have left black people to their own devices, the general standard of living of blacks has gone down, including in SAfrica, where apartheid was ended.

The sad fact is, nowhere has a large group of black people been able to stably and enduringly govern themselves in the modern world.

Genetics? Culture? History?

I could care less. Just observing.

Your post was very crafty and i love it. For the first time in a few hundred, maybe more years white supremacy is fading.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby yeahbut » Thu 29 Oct 2009, 02:07:39

Dr. Ofellati wrote:The truth is venomous. The truth is, everywhere white colonial rulers have left black people to their own devices, the general standard of living of blacks has gone down, including in SAfrica, where apartheid was ended.

hmmm...

Since independence, Botswana has had one of the fastest growth rates in per capita income in the world.[6] Botswana has transformed itself from one of the poorest countries in the world to a middle-income country. By one estimate, it has the fourth highest gross national income at purchasing power parity in Africa, giving it a standard of living around that of Mexico and Turkey.
yeahbut
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Cloud9 » Thu 29 Oct 2009, 06:32:06

George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were poor men? Have you ever been to their houses?
Cloud9
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby americandream » Thu 29 Oct 2009, 06:39:40

Have you been to any of the grand English Estates? I am aware of your Mexican background and can assure you, the American war was merely an internal Anglo-Saxon squabble between rising colonials and their Royal British overlords. All this hoopla about Constitution and freedom was to merely get the peons motivated.

Cloud9 wrote:George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were poor men? Have you ever been to their houses?
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Thu 29 Oct 2009, 07:30:39

:badgrin: In 1974 per capita income in Rhodesia was $422 and for agricultural workers, the lowest paid (read black) it was $336/ year.
In 2008 Zimbabwe had a per capita income of $200 in 2008 dollars.
Spin it anyway you want but the people lost big time.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby americandream » Thu 29 Oct 2009, 07:53:35

Yes, but freedom does not come cheap. They will learn to adapt free of their colonial masters or die.

vtsnowedin wrote::badgrin: In 1974 per capita income in Rhodesia was $422 and for agricultural workers, the lowest paid (read black) it was $336/ year.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby neocone » Thu 29 Oct 2009, 12:02:16

Give me one single black leader who brought prosperity and freedom to his people during his rule... just one.

On the other side, I have Mugabe, Idi Amin Dada, Daddy and Baby doc, Mobutu Sese Seko etc...

Nepotism, tribalism, love of italian marble and suiss bank accounts, and even cannibalism, seem to be the hobbies of such leaders.

Facts seem to point out to your brothers dying in their newfound "freedom" from the evil white "masters" rather than adapting...

That said... the problem is really that Africa cannot have countries as defined by the colonials, but revert to small tribes, where people can be happy on a local level.

Indeed the West's influence should be purged, in gauging economics as GDP doesn't mean a thing, and in such concepts as "centralized government" etc.. and the continent will go back to a localized ecological society where true prosperity can be found.

Paradoxically if Africa unites in that common goal then it will also be strong enough to repell future colonial ambitions by other powers...
neocone
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby yeahbut » Thu 29 Oct 2009, 13:49:32

neocone wrote:Give me one single black leader who brought prosperity and freedom to his people during his rule... just one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botswana

Since independence, Botswana has had one of the fastest growth rates in per capita income in the world.[6] Botswana has transformed itself from one of the poorest countries in the world to a middle-income country. By one estimate, it has the fourth highest gross national income at purchasing power parity in Africa, giving it a standard of living around that of Mexico and Turkey.
yeahbut
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby eastbay » Thu 29 Oct 2009, 14:32:22

Botswana isn't a 'leader'. It's a 'nation'.

It's a diamond rich nation 100% reliant upon imported fossil fuels. A one primary export product banana (well, diamond) republic and an economic anomaly in sub Saharan Africa with 40% unemployment and a tiny pocket of rich.
Got Dharma?

Everything is Impermanent. Shakyamuni Buddha
eastbay
Expert
Expert

Unread postby gollum » Thu 29 Oct 2009, 14:39:07

eastbay wrote:
americandream wrote: and lets not forget that the country is largely agricultural.

.... uh, to be more precise.... it WAS agricultural. Past tense.

The Whites created and maintained the agricultural sector of the Zimbabwe economy. With their forced departure the agricultural sector vaporized. Actually, every sector vaporized. Nothing remains except cultivating foreign aid... aka begging.

Printing money was their only option. The USA has numerous other options. Hopefully deporting or killing Whites isn't on that list.

I'm not ready to go, and I'm armed. :-D
gollum
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby yeahbut » Thu 29 Oct 2009, 15:24:33

eastbay wrote:Botswana isn't a 'leader'. It's a 'nation'.

Yes...a nation with leaders, like most nations.

Botswana has maintained free and fair elections since it's independence from Britain in 1966(thanks Wiki :) )

It's a diamond rich nation 100% reliant upon imported fossil fuels. A one primary export product banana (well, diamond) republic and an economic anomaly in sub Saharan Africa with 40% unemployment and a tiny pocket of rich.

Necone wanted " one single black leader who brought prosperity and freedom to his people during his rule... just one".

Not " one single black leader who brought prosperity and freedom to his people during his rule... just one, and whose country doesn't have any mineral wealth".
yeahbut
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby americandream » Thu 29 Oct 2009, 16:19:25

I would have thought that with the hindsight of our own recent misfortunes (the trillions of tax dollars lost to the rich in welfare payments, the unspoken numbers of deaths in Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, Congo, and all the rest, the large scale damage to this planet with spectacles such as a plastic trash dump twice the size of Texas in the Pacific), that we would have brought some perspective to Africa's incompetency and post colonial failures, labouring as she does in the shadow of big powerism. That we would have admired the tenacity of her people in resisiting, at a high price, the machinations of those who have us in their thrall.

Yet remarkably, I find disdain. It perhaps speaks volumes for why we do not go that extra yard in ridding ourselves of our own manacles despite all the outrage and mutterings of discontent. Of turning our selves around from the impending Machiavellian nightmare of bland globalisation lorded over by a bloated and subsidised leadership.

We aren't willing to pay the price of resistance....unremitting struggle, disorder, loss, cultural ennui and uncertainty. It is why I have said over and over again. Nothing will change in the West despite what our leaders demand in subsidies, cannon fodder for their wars, loss of our environment, and all the rest. Talk...yes, we will get reams of that, but change, no. Talks cheap. Change comes at a price.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby MathMurderer » Thu 29 Oct 2009, 16:47:07

neocone wrote:Give me one single black leader who brought prosperity and freedom to his people during his rule... just one.

Easy. Barack Obama, and "his people" are the Wall Street elites. :badgrin:
||\\ .. //|| ||\\ .. //|| There is nothing left in my right brain.
||. \\// .|| ||. \\// .|| There is nothing right in my left brain.
MathMurderer
Wood
Wood

Unread postby americandream » Thu 29 Oct 2009, 17:08:14

Now how the heck could I have missed Obama! :lol:

MathMurderer wrote:

Easy. Barack Obama, and "his people" are the Wall Street elites. :badgrin:
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby neocone » Fri 30 Oct 2009, 11:57:37

I'll take Morgan Freeman as prez over Bamama anytime.

Also I do find it a bit chauvinistic the black community classifies all those people as 100% "black"... as Obama is half white, and most blacks in America have a large proportion of European heritage.
neocone
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby kublikhan » Fri 30 Oct 2009, 12:50:55

I wonder how far the value of a dollar will have to fall before we start to see large numbers of people hoarding or melting down coins.

Normally, the exchange value of a good used as money is equal to or greater than its use value. If the value of the metal in a nickel is only worth 3 cents melted down and sold in metal markets, you are better off using it in exchange rather than using it as a commodity. But when the use value exceeds the exchange value, the commodity money will go out of circulation. The U.S. mint has issued new regulations in an attempt to prevent this from happening to pennies and nickels:

The United States Mint, concerned that rising metal prices could lead to widespread recycling of pennies and nickels, has banned melting or exporting them. The Mint is also testing dozens of cheaper alternative metal compositions in the expectation that Congress will mandate a change when it meets in the new year.

According to calculations by the Mint, the metal value of pennies, which are made of copper-coated zinc, is now more than one cent. The metal value of 5-cent coins, made from a copper-nickel blend, is up to 7 cents.
How Much is a Nickel Worth?
The oil barrel is half-full.
kublikhan
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Pretorian » Fri 30 Oct 2009, 14:55:28

americandream wrote:Yes, but freedom does not come cheap. They will learn to adapt free of their colonial masters or die.

vtsnowedin wrote::badgrin: In 1974 per capita income in Rhodesia was $422 and for agricultural workers, the lowest paid (read black) it was $336/ year.

Having an usurper for 30 years who chops hands off anybody who doesnt lick his heels is freedom? Freedom from what, a common sense?
Pretorian
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Pretorian » Fri 30 Oct 2009, 16:19:32

neocone wrote:I'll take Morgan Freeman as prez over Bamama anytime.

Also I do find it a bit chauvinistic the black community classifies all those people as 100% "black"... as Obama is half white, and most blacks in America have a large proportion of European heritage.

It could be a good excuse if he expletive deleted. Don't poison this public section with foul language though.
Pretorian
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby americandream » Sat 31 Oct 2009, 03:42:34

Freedom from shock and awe democraticisation for one.

Lets do a tally of American murder vs all the African dictators combined. Why, you boys bring a skill to the art of murder that far exceeds all of the buggers combined and then multiplied four fold, but its still murder for someone else's oil, or diaminds or coltan. You freeloaders are just pissed off at your days of freeloading coming to an end as your bosses fly to more fertile wateringholes such as China and India.

Whats more hilarious. Some freeloader who justifies his theft because of his skn colour or an African leader booting the freeloader up his butt.

Pretorian wrote:
americandream wrote:Yes, but freedom does not come cheap. They will learn to adapt free of their colonial masters or die.

Having an usurper for 30 years who chops hands off anybody who doesnt lick his heels is freedom? Freedom from what, a common sense?
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sat 31 Oct 2009, 04:32:19

americandream wrote:Freedom from shock and awe democraticisation for one.

Lets do a tally of American murder vs all the African dictators combined. Why, you boys bring a skill to the art of murder that far exceeds all of the buggers combined and then multiplied four fold, but its still murder for someone else's oil, or diaminds or coltan. You freeloaders are just pissed off at your days of freeloading coming to an end as your bosses fly to more fertile wateringholes such as China and India.

Whats more hilarious. Some freeloader who justifies his theft because of his skn colour or an African leader booting the freeloader up his butt.

Well where is your tally? I'm interested in what you count as America's murders. Saddam's' Republican Guards? The gang members in Mogadishu Somalia? Lots of possibilities but a lot of judgement calls. Are you going to back out any sub saharan Africans that are alive because they received US food aid during one famine or another?
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

PreviousNext

Return to Africa Discussion