Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Peak Oil Needs a Cover . . .

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Peak Oil Needs a Cover . . .

Unread postby Cashmere » Mon 26 May 2008, 21:58:14

I've seen this posted before.

I'm posting again now, because we are very near to critical mass.

That is, it appears that we are rapidly approaching a point in time at which mass sentiment shifts from thinking that oil price is spiking because of bigoilgreed/speculation/lackofinvestment/environmentalrestraints, and so on, to Peak Oil.

Peak Oil has been in the MSM for a few months now. High profile people are starting to declare themselves as converts. The thought that - hey we might be running out, and there's nothing we can do is percolating through the crust of lies that has covered the issue for the last 6 or so years.

So, given the proximity, for anybody in power who wants to nip the thought in the bud and prevent wide acceptance of the obvious truth of peak oil, time is running out.

I still think that there is a VERY high probability of a false flag attack on KSA.

It would be perfect in the Mach. sense.

You kill 3 birds with one stone.

1. KSA does not have to admit it has peaked and in 10% decline.
2. Iran and other unnamed "terrorists" can be implicated in the attack in order to set the stage for an invasion.
3. The DSEs at home can be told - "well, there's plenty of oil, the reason you're going to pay 5 bucks a gallon for #2 heating oil this winter is - <i>terrorists</i>.

Think about it.

Peak Oil gets buried. Resource war expands. All bitching and moaning on the home front can be propagandized into hatred of the enemy of the month.

This really keeps me up.

Much more than just having PO go mainstream.

It would be the ultimate dupe, and I have no doubt, given some of the ignorance of the DSEs who have invaded PO.com recently, that it would work splendidly.

Truth would be more killed than usual.

As an aside, I am extremely impressed with the number of new members who have come on this board with an open mind and a positive attitude. They have given me a glimmer of hope, which was not there a week ago.
Massive Human Dieoff <b>must</b> occur as a result of Peak Oil. Many more than half will die. It will occur everywhere, including where <b>you</b> live. If you fail to recognize this, then your odds of living move toward the "going to die" group.
Cashmere
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Re: Peak Oil Needs a Cover . . .

Unread postby seldom_seen » Mon 26 May 2008, 22:21:38

Cashmere, do you have a bigger version of your avatar? I want to see it. :)

Cashmere wrote:Think about it.

Ok. I did.

Peak oil already has a "cover" it's called the "war on terrorism."

The prize right now is the oil of southern Iraq. We are fighting a proxy war with Iran/China over this oil right now. The US would like a nice, stable southern Iraq so we could build wal-marts and suck their oil dry. Iran/China of course knows this, and they want the oil too. If they can't have it they will continue to make life miserable for the US through their shia henchmen.

I wouldn't worry about false flag attack in SA. There's no real winners there. SA wants to keep pumping what they have left and we want to keep buying it. This policy goes back decades.

As for Iran. They have lots of natural gas. We won't see an Iraq style invasion of Iran though. It's not worth it. Some aerial bombing runs from Israel or the US? Sure you might see that. The US doesn't have the money, the will, the oil or the troops to bring democracy to Iran right now.

A false flag attack would more likely occur on US soil.
seldom_seen
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Cashmere » Mon 26 May 2008, 22:28:33

I wouldn't worry about false flag attack in SA. There's no real winners there. SA wants to keep pumping what they have left and we want to keep buying it. This policy goes back decades.

I'm glad you thought about it SS.

Here's my point.

Let's say KSA knows that they are about to enter a 10% a year decline rate.

A FF attack would allow them to cover that loss, the price of oil would rocket up so they'd make even more money, and the other goals are met.

It's perfect.

It wouldn't really have to be an extensive attack. Just a big bomb at some terminal or pipeline that ships some small percent of their oil from some area that is already in or about to be in terminal decline.

It's the simplicity of it that scares me.

A FF attack in the U.S. could not effectively mask PO. Not by itself anyway.
Massive Human Dieoff <b>must</b> occur as a result of Peak Oil. Many more than half will die. It will occur everywhere, including where <b>you</b> live. If you fail to recognize this, then your odds of living move toward the "going to die" group.
Cashmere
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby seldom_seen » Mon 26 May 2008, 22:48:22

Cashmere wrote:Here's my point.

Let's say KSA knows that they are about to enter a 10% a year decline rate.

A FF attack would allow them to cover that loss, the price of oil would rocket up so they'd make even more money, and the other goals are met.

It's perfect.

I understand your point. A while back, a year or two, there was a "foiled terrorist attack" on an SA oil installation. When I heard that I was like "Oh, yeah right. SA is the hero, they foiled the attack and oil went up a few bucks." Now mind you this was when oil was at like 60 or 70 a barrel. Now oil is so expensive that SA knows that too much higher and it breaks the backs of economies. They love all the dough they're rolling in right now, but they also know that the gravy train could breakdown if oil goes too much higher. That IMO is why there will be no false flag in SA. They don't want to upset the applecart right now.

Cashmere wrote:A FF attack in the U.S. could not effectively mask PO. Not by itself anyway.

No, but it could sure help. The problem now is not so much supply side Iraq invasion resource grabs (although still quite likely), but demand side influence. The agro-oil-industrial complex is now coming to the realization that it can't meet the needs of all demanders everywhere. It's surely not going to display it's impotence in this manner and carry out the truth. Thus, some sort of "rally round the flag" type event could be initiated to give the masses some sort of psychological justification for their new lives of poverty.

If you listen to the speeches of Obama, you may be inspired, or you may feel like you are a subject of sort of psyops. I'm in the latter camp.
seldom_seen
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Return to Peak Oil Discussion