Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Pheww. It's all ok, nothing to worry about

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Pheww. It's all ok, nothing to worry about

Unread postby Impervius » Sun 08 Jun 2008, 09:22:58

$70 a barrel? No, oil is gonna go straight to $19.99 a barrel.

$138 is just a big bubble that was built up by crazy speculators. That bubble is gonna pop any day now!

:lol:
Impervius
Wood
Wood

Unread postby socrates1fan » Sun 08 Jun 2008, 10:44:14

The only way the price will go down is if the demand does too.
socrates1fan
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Johny_Bloggsy » Mon 09 Jun 2008, 03:08:44

pstarr wrote:
socrates1fan wrote:The only way the price will go down is if the demand does too.
And that'll happen when people become depressed, scared and stop leaving the house. That happens when it cost more money to go to work then they get from work, kind of like bad EROEI except it'll be negative MROMI--Money Returned On Money Input. The combination of the two--declining income and depression--causes an economic Depression.

That's ok with me, I hate going to work anyway... :)
Johny_Bloggsy
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Judgie » Mon 09 Jun 2008, 04:34:21

Johny_Bloggsy wrote:
pstarr wrote:
socrates1fan wrote:The only way the price will go down is if the demand does too.
And that'll happen when people become depressed, scared and stop leaving the house. That happens when it cost more money to go to work then they get from work, kind of like bad EROEI except it'll be negative MROMI--Money Returned On Money Input. The combination of the two--declining income and depression--causes an economic Depression.

That's ok with me, I hate going to work anyway... :)

On seven news tonight, we heard that *some* petrol stations are starting to have trouble paying for each tanker load of fuel. I'm sure that'll confuse the average joe, whom naturally equates petrol stations as being part of the company themselves. The shortages may be closer than we thought.....
"That the cream cannot help but always rise up to the top, well I say, <censored by peakoil.com> floats"

Jarvis Cocker - "Running the World"
Judgie
Coal
Coal

Return to Australia & New Zealand Discussion