Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

current 80 million barrels / day can't go above approx 83

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

current 80 million barrels / day can't go above approx 83

Unread postby jc4patents » Mon 09 Jun 2008, 16:55:20

News accounts today (6/9) state the following:

a) world production approximately 80 million barrels / day;

b) Saudi production is currently 9.4 million barrels / day
(11.8% of total);

c) any Saudi increase is limited to about 2 million barrels / day; and

d) other producers have little ability to expand output.

Unless a significant amount of oil is being stockpiled, this means
we can't look to additional oil - we must survive on something like
our current per day production.

Does this ring true to all the experts on this forum ?
jc4patents
Wood
Wood

Re: current 80 million barrels / day can't go above approx 8

Unread postby Cashmere » Mon 09 Jun 2008, 17:00:34

Please supply link.
Massive Human Dieoff <b>must</b> occur as a result of Peak Oil. Many more than half will die. It will occur everywhere, including where <b>you</b> live. If you fail to recognize this, then your odds of living move toward the "going to die" group.
Cashmere
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby jc4patents » Mon 09 Jun 2008, 17:12:14

cashmere -------

sorry, I should have provided the following link:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080609/ap_ ... /saudi_oil
jc4patents
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Cashmere » Mon 09 Jun 2008, 17:31:27

The Saudis are concerned that sustained high oil prices will eventually slacken the world's appetite for oil, affecting them in the long run.

Yeah sure!

Let me do the translation:

"The Saudis are concerned that sustained high oil prices will eventually lead to blame being placed upon them when they can't deliver on the lies they have been telling for the last 30 years."
Massive Human Dieoff <b>must</b> occur as a result of Peak Oil. Many more than half will die. It will occur everywhere, including where <b>you</b> live. If you fail to recognize this, then your odds of living move toward the "going to die" group.
Cashmere
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Twilight » Mon 09 Jun 2008, 18:16:17

Cashmere wrote:Let me do the translation:

"The Saudis are concerned that sustained high oil prices will eventually lead to blame being placed upon them when they can't deliver on the lies they have been telling for the last 30 years."

Well, 20 years. But that's about right.

Shortly you will have the Megaprojects people come along -

Actually you know what, I will deny them the revenue. Here.

Anyway, that might raise overall production a bit, maybe even world export volumes, after compensating for everything else going on. Whether a slightly later, higher, and more expensive peak is going to make any difference, I don't know. Several billion people want what we have and the world has a few more mb/d to offer. If it does anything it will lend false hope and discourage decisive moves towards efficiency and alternatives. I do not see postponing peak by five years as buying any meaningful time.
Twilight
Expert
Expert

Unread postby americandream » Mon 09 Jun 2008, 18:25:54

Twilight wrote:
Cashmere wrote:Let me do the translation:

Well, 20 years. But that's about right.

Shortly you will have the Megaprojects people come along -

Actually you know what, I will deny them the revenue. Here.

Anyway, that might raise overall production a bit, maybe even world export volumes, after compensating for everything else going on. Whether a slightly later, higher, and more expensive peak is going to make any difference, I don't know. Several billion people want what we have and the world has a few more mb/d to offer. If it does anything it will lend false hope and discourage decisive moves towards efficiency and alternatives. I do not see postponing peak by five years as buying any meaningful time.

Actually, several billion people did not want our way of life. We foisted it on them at the end of a gun...read up on the Cold War and the consequences of the defeat of non-corporate Marxist lifestyles. Read up on the slander of communism and understand why we went to such great lengths to peddle our "Western" lifestyle. Then weep at the idiocy of our ruling elite.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby SoylentGreen » Mon 09 Jun 2008, 19:09:16

I agree Dream.The western world should have kept its mouth shut and let every country that wanted to be commies be commies.
SoylentGreen
Peat
Peat

Unread postby bkwillia » Mon 09 Jun 2008, 20:42:08

This is about evolution, survival of the fittest. Communism has lead to the same resource depletion, but it is far less stable than capitalism due to the lack of checks and balances in leadership. As leaders loose their grip, they get violent, so they must be neutralized.
bkwillia
Peat
Peat

Unread postby eastbay » Mon 09 Jun 2008, 20:51:40

bkwillia wrote:This is about evolution, survival of the fittest. Communism has lead to the same resource depletion, but it is far less stable than capitalism due to the lack of checks and balances in leadership. As leaders loose their grip, they get violent, so they must be neutralized.

Good thing leaders of capitalist nations never lose their grip and become violent. Yup. :roll:
Got Dharma?

Everything is Impermanent. Shakyamuni Buddha
eastbay
Expert
Expert

Unread postby americandream » Mon 09 Jun 2008, 21:05:21

bkwillia wrote:This is about evolution, survival of the fittest. Communism has lead to the same resource depletion, but it is far less stable than capitalism due to the lack of checks and balances in leadership. As leaders loose their grip, they get violent, so they must be neutralized.

Why don't we simply discard any attempt at civil society and let our natural tendencies rule the roost.

Hey, everyone.....the law of the jungle rules! Go out and make your day. Why, rape a neighbour, murder the inlaws, let the hormones run free!

Stupid, stupid, primitivists!
americandream
Permanently Banned

Return to Peak Oil Discussion