Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Mainstream media starting to pick up

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Mainstream media starting to pick up

Unread postby Scactha » Fri 04 Jul 2008, 03:14:32

This is the top news article in one of the largest swedish economy sites.

http://www.e24.se/branscher/ravaror/artikel_564653.e24 (It´s in Swedish)

In translation it says the geologists were right, blaming speculators or the producers is moot, and IEA is shifting sides from clinging to erroneous numbers and now are revising.

Good work everyone.

P.s. Anyone else find articles like these? It would be interesting to have a thread following the trend.
Scactha
Peat
Peat

Re: Mainstream media starting to pick up

Unread postby Olle » Fri 04 Jul 2008, 05:02:10

Good one!!
And yes, Dagens Industri had an article a coulpe of days ago were Jefferye's ELM took centre stage as explanation for the oil prise. It is not on the website www.di.se, but I have it scanned (6,4 mb). I can mail it if you want.
Me Tar sands, you Jane
Olle
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Interfector » Fri 04 Jul 2008, 06:58:38

They should have picked up on it 30 years ago, when the US oil production went into decline and realised the same factors would apply with world production, but now it's far far too late.
Interfector
Wood
Wood

Unread postby GeneralGreen » Fri 04 Jul 2008, 07:40:24

So they have an article here and there about expensive oil..Most people still refuse to believe peak oil..and will until around 2015 when its to late..
GeneralGreen
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Olle » Fri 04 Jul 2008, 07:50:27

GeneralGreen wrote:So they have an article here and there about expensive oil..Most people still refuse to believe peak oil..and will until around 2015 when its to late..

There is nothing anyone can do about anything and all efforts are futile, but you have seen the future and it is even worse than that...?
Me Tar sands, you Jane
Olle
Peat
Peat

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Fri 04 Jul 2008, 10:19:56

Yes Scactha...good days and bad days for the media report card.

I'll pass on one of the worst examples of public disinformation I've seen lately. On Fox Business TV a couple of nights ago they had a fellow on proclaiming that the chips he makes for the gaming toys will greatly enhance the computation powers of seismic exploration 6X the current standard. Even if you're not in the oil biz but have a little common sense you can probably guess the current computing level in the oil biz. I'm sitting in front of a seismic computer workstation right now. Just a desk top set up but probably several orders of magnitude greater than this guy’s chips. And then compare that to ExxonMobil et al Krays that are many orders of magnitude above me.

It would have been truly laughable except for the realization that many watching would believe this "new technology" could now help the oil industry drill us out of PO.

The Fox reporter didn't even attempt to challenge this guy's claims. Very sad indeed.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby AirlinePilot » Fri 04 Jul 2008, 17:09:58

ROCKMAN wrote:It would have been truly laughable except for the realization that many watching would believe this "new technology" could now help the oil industry drill us out of PO.

The Fox reporter didn't even attempt to challenge this guy's claims. Very sad indeed.

Unfortunately the majority sees this stuff and think s it's all going to be ok. We just need to get over this short term pain and all will be well again.

I saw it on Fox News! Fair and Balanced, it has to be true!

We are so farking, farkity, farked, I find it hard to believe at times.
AirlinePilot

Unread postby Scactha » Sat 05 Jul 2008, 13:30:11

Would love that Olle but PM function isn´t working for me. Mind trying to PM me?
Scactha
Peat
Peat

Return to Peak Oil Discussion