Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

No Peak Oil

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

No Peak Oil

Unread postby Serial_Worrier » Wed 16 Jul 2008, 17:32:32

link
13-16 trillion in reserves, only 1.1 trillion pumped so far! Good times ahead, crank up that Hummer.
Serial_Worrier
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Re: No Peak Oil

Unread postby Rasputin » Wed 16 Jul 2008, 18:01:35

Serial_Worrier wrote:link
13-16 trillion in reserves, only 1.1 trillion pumped so far! Good times ahead, crank up that Hummer.

Hilarious LMAO.... There's plenty of oil on Venus apparently too. Good times ahead as soon as NASA gets the jump on this. snort,....snort.. they just have to get it to the refineries
Rasputin
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Serial_Worrier » Wed 16 Jul 2008, 18:08:26

Honestly PO is a non-issue. I'd worry more the oceans:

* acidification
* dead zones
* fish extinction

That to me honestly is more worrying that the bogeyman of Peak Oil.
Serial_Worrier
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby syrac818 » Wed 16 Jul 2008, 18:31:47

I don't worry about anything, at all. I just drink.
syrac818
Peat
Peat

Unread postby startswithearthquakes » Wed 16 Jul 2008, 18:54:51

I just drank some acid and bent my wookie...
startswithearthquakes
Peat
Peat

Unread postby americandream » Wed 16 Jul 2008, 19:02:25

Serial_Worrier wrote:Honestly PO is a non-issue. I'd worry more the oceans:
* acidification
* dead zones
* fish extinction
That to me honestly is more worrying that the bogeyman of Peak Oil.
I wonder if there's a site called climate peak. You might wanta try them out if they exist. Many of us come on here because we are convinced that a wasteful lifestyle is bound to peak the resources in nature's larder and we have believe that the globalisation of capitalism will bring the peak of oil on soon.

In the unlikely event that space technology is developed to the degree that we can sustainably leave earth's limits for inter-stellar mining and expansion generally, and the current state of technology is nowhere near that point I suggest, I will be the first to abandon my concerns about peaking resources and the limits of capitalism on earth.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Rasputin » Thu 17 Jul 2008, 15:28:04

13-16 trillion that we know of. There is likely much more under there.
The problem is getting 87 million barrels/day to the refineries.
China and India ate up whatever spare capacity there was and now we are peddling as fast as we can just to stand still. Actually I think we are sliding a bit on the supply side now.

I don't worry too much about PO. I wonder sometimes if I actually want to survive the coming famines and droughts or if it would be better to leave it all behind.
Rasputin
Wood
Wood

Unread postby JimW » Thu 17 Jul 2008, 16:09:55

Hummmmm…so the CEO of the world’s largest oil company doesn’t believe in Peak Oil. Why do I really not find that surprising?
JimW
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Serial_Worrier » Thu 17 Jul 2008, 16:30:01

"Peak Oil" is a problem of peak infrastructure for extraction/refining. We only have about 87 mpbd capacity in the system. We could easily expand that up to 110mpd if we wanted to. It's those tree hugger librulz who don't let us.
Serial_Worrier
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Rasputin » Thu 17 Jul 2008, 17:14:29

Serial_Worrier wrote:"Peak Oil" is a problem of peak infrastructure for extraction/refining. We only have about 87 mpbd capacity in the system. We could easily expand that up to 110mpd if we wanted to. It's those tree hugger librulz who don't let us.
I didn't know the treehuggers had such a global stranglehold on the energy industry. Well at least your not blaming the evil speculators.
Rasputin
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Mettezz » Thu 17 Jul 2008, 17:45:13

Serial_Worrier wrote:"Peak Oil" is a problem of peak infrastructure for extraction/refining. We only have about 87 mpbd capacity in the system. We could easily expand that up to 110mpd if we wanted to. It's those tree hugger librulz who don't let us.
This is what happens when your mommy drops you on your head when you were little. You become a retard who watches braindead alex jones shows
Mettezz
Peat
Peat

Unread postby emersonbiggins » Thu 17 Jul 2008, 17:59:49

Serial_Worrier wrote:We could easily expand that up to 110mpd if we wanted to. It's those tree hugger librulz who don't let us.
You make spending trillions on infrastructure sound like something you could pick up on the way to the grocery store.
Seriously, get a clue.
"It's called the American Dream because you'd have to be asleep to believe it."

George Carlin
emersonbiggins
Expert
Expert

Unread postby skyemoor » Thu 17 Jul 2008, 21:57:13

No peak oil...
Just like there is no problem with the supply of clean water; look at all the water in the oceans we can pump inland!! (say, why aren't they doing that??)

The people who try to provide soothing pallatives about endless oil are either propagandists for the oil industry, or those who have watched a talking cornucopian head during a halftime show without bothering to find out the facts for themselves.
http://www.carfree.com
http://ecoplan.org/carshare/cs_index.htm
http://www.velomobile.de/GB/Advantages/advantages.html

Chance favors the prepared mind. -- Louis Pasteur

He that lives upon hope will die fasting. --Benjamin Franklin
skyemoor
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby JoeW » Thu 17 Jul 2008, 22:17:22

no peak oil. no peak oil. no peak oil. click click click.
whoops, i don't have the ruby red slippers....darn.
JoeW
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby VMarcHart » Fri 18 Jul 2008, 15:30:13

Serial_Worrier wrote:13-16 trillion in reserves, only 1.1 trillion pumped so far! Good times ahead, crank up that Hummer.
That hummer better come with nifty CO2 scrubbers and gas masks. At about 1,000 pounds of CO2 per barrel, that's 13-16 quadrillion pounds of CO2 in the atmosphere. Wonderful! We found a solution for PO. How care about GW.
VMarcHart
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Fri 18 Jul 2008, 16:23:49

Americandream,

That’s actually a very good point. Maybe the grand plan could just be called Peak Life. All the subsets could be included under it: PO, Pclimate, Pwater, Ppopulation, Peconomy, etc. That may be the reason we stumble over each other here some times. Each aspect is connected to each other on some level. And different folks focus on different aspects due to their backgrounds and prejudices. So there we go: today we have the grand THEOREM OF OUR EXISTANCE: PEAK LIFE.

And Peak Oil does exist as a point of logic. Whether PO comes in 5 years or 500 years it is inevitable. Just like the chat I had in a bar last night with a woman I just met. Eventually I asked her if she would have sex with me for $1 million. She laughed and said "Hell yes". The I asked her if she would for $20. She got mad and asked if I thought she was a whore. I said we had already determined she was and we were just negotiating the price. PO is coming and everyone here is just negotiating the timing.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Rasputin » Fri 18 Jul 2008, 17:16:45

ROCKMAN wrote:Americandream,

That’s actually a very good point. Maybe the grand plan could just be called Peak Life. All the subsets could be included under it: PO, Pclimate, Pwater, Ppopulation, Peconomy, etc. That may be the reason we stumble over each other here some times. Each aspect is connected to each other on some level. And different folks focus on different aspects due to their backgrounds and prejudices. So there we go: today we have the grand THEOREM OF OUR EXISTANCE: PEAK LIFE.

And Peak Oil does exist as a point of logic. Whether PO comes in 5 years or 500 years it is inevitable. Just like the chat I had in a bar last night with a woman I just met. Eventually I asked her if she would have sex with me for $1 million. She laughed and said "Hell yes". The I asked her if she would for $20. She got mad and asked if I thought she was a whore. I said we had already determined she was and we were just negotiating the price. PO is coming and everyone here is just negotiating the timing.

Not strokin yer ego here, but you have a great mind. It's refreshing when someone with intelligence can put it all in perspective like that.
Rasputin
Wood
Wood

Unread postby VMarcHart » Fri 18 Jul 2008, 17:28:33

ROCKMAN wrote:PO is coming and everyone here is just negotiating the timing.
PO is here. We're just fighting over what life after PO will be.

p.s. Nice move.
VMarcHart
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Serial_Worrier » Fri 18 Jul 2008, 17:35:13

A lot of misogyny among POers.
Serial_Worrier
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Rasputin » Fri 18 Jul 2008, 17:41:05

Serial_Worrier wrote:A lot of misogyny among POers.

Watchu talkin bout Willis? I love women. Are you sayin that women are stupid? I do hate stupid!
Rasputin
Wood
Wood

Next

Return to Peak Oil Discussion