Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Senator Edwards Busted

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Senator Edwards Busted

Unread postby AlexdeLarge » Wed 23 Jul 2008, 09:29:34

If true, I guess this ends his hopes for a VP spot with Obama. "Will this be the first presidential-contender level scandal to occur completely in the undernews, without ever being reported in the cautious, respectable MSM?" Caught with Mistress and love child If the story is not true, I hope he sues the Enquirer out of existence.
Viddy well, little brother. Viddy well.
AlexdeLarge
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Re: Senator Edwards Busted

Unread postby Hoops_Mckann » Wed 23 Jul 2008, 10:51:15

National enquirer???? lol
Hoops_Mckann
Peat
Peat

Unread postby 3aidlillahi » Wed 23 Jul 2008, 10:59:01

AlexdeLarge wrote:If true, I guess this ends his hopes for a VP spot with Obama. "Will this be the first presidential-contender level scandal to occur completely in the undernews, without ever being reported in the cautious, respectable MSM?"
Caught with Mistress and love child If the story is not true, I hope he sues the Enquirer out of existence.

Ha, I remember hearing about this months ago, like in January or February, when he was still in the race.

Don't doubt the enquirer. Didn't one of Clinton's scandals come about from NE reports? I think it was Monica. And then they knew about OJ's book coming out and broke that story. I wouldn't be completely dismissive of someone because of ridiculous articles that only cover 90% of their paper (9.9% is ads).
Riches are not from abundance of worldly goods, but from a contented mind.
3aidlillahi
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Maddog78 » Wed 23 Jul 2008, 11:07:14

I know it sounds funny but ever since Roseanne Barr won her lawsuit against them they have been pretty reliable on breaking stories like this.
Maddog78
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby PenultimateManStanding » Wed 23 Jul 2008, 11:24:47

The Enquirer also broke the Limbaugh oxycontin story. But really, if Edwards has a mistress, so what? Are we Americans really so parochial and prurient?
Turn those Machines back On! - Don Ameche in Trading Places
PenultimateManStanding
Expert
Expert

Unread postby BigTex » Wed 23 Jul 2008, 11:30:11

As others have noted, the National Enquirer in recent years has been very reliable.

It's weird, but true.
:)
BigTex
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Tyler_JC » Wed 23 Jul 2008, 11:36:19

The story first surfaced in the Enquirer back in October of 2007.
PRESIDENTIAL CHEATING SCANDAL! ALLEGED AFFAIR COULD WRECK JOHN EDWARDS' CAMPAIGN BID

This wouldn't be the first time that the Enquirer has discovered something long before the main stream news reports on it. Monica Lewinsky, anyone?
"www.peakoil.com is the Myspace of the Apocalypse."
Tyler_JC
Expert
Expert

Unread postby AlexdeLarge » Wed 23 Jul 2008, 11:43:03

If its true, I feel terrible for his wife.
AlexdeLarge
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby PenultimateManStanding » Wed 23 Jul 2008, 11:57:59

AlexdeLarge wrote:If its true, I feel terrible for his wife.
Embarrassing, sure. But if I were a rich powerful middle aged guy, say President, and I had a wife who had lost her youthful beauty, I wouldn't divorce her for that. You know, just get a young hottie on the side. That's the way it's done. A lot smarter than the Elliot Spitzer route.
PenultimateManStanding
Expert
Expert

Unread postby basil_hayden » Wed 23 Jul 2008, 12:06:07

PenultimateManStanding wrote:
Embarrassing, sure. But if I were a rich powerful middle aged guy, say President, and I had a wife who had lost her youthful beauty, I wouldn't divorce her for that. You know, just get a young hottie on the side. That's the way it's done. A lot smarter than the Elliot Spitzer route.

Great theory, but did you see the picture of Rielle? It appears Edwards traded the wife who lost her youthful beauty for the lover that lost her youthful beauty.
basil_hayden
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby PenultimateManStanding » Wed 23 Jul 2008, 12:11:45

basil_hayden wrote:
Great theory, but did you see the picture of Rielle? It appears Edwards traded the wife who lost her youthful beauty for the lover that lost her youthful beauty.
heh heh. Bad photo. I'm sure The National Enquirer will keep us posted how this tragic saga unfolds.
PenultimateManStanding
Expert
Expert

Unread postby AlexdeLarge » Wed 23 Jul 2008, 12:14:50

I will leave it to the individual to decide the morality of the issue and if it is a sin. But Infidelity is so very damaging to your spouse.

His wife is dying of cancer.............I would think he would show better judgement and concern for the mother of his children. If this is true, I have no respect for the man.
AlexdeLarge
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby mercurygirl » Wed 23 Jul 2008, 12:19:20

Why are these guys so dumb?
mercurygirl
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby PenultimateManStanding » Wed 23 Jul 2008, 12:28:12

AlexdeLarge wrote:I will leave it to the individual to decide the morality of the issue and if it is a sin. But Infidelity is so very damaging to your spouse. His wife is dying of cancer. I would think he would show better judgement and concern for the mother of his children. If this is true, I have no respect for the man.

Old time Roman Stoic valor had it that when a man's wife lost her appeal he would renounce his own desires and stand by her. A brave and admirable point of view. But semen build up can lead to horrible crotch rashes.
PenultimateManStanding
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Neptune » Wed 23 Jul 2008, 12:45:57

AlexdeLarge wrote:If true, I guess this ends his hopes for a VP spot with Obama. "Will this be the first presidential-contender level scandal to occur completely in the undernews, without ever being reported in the cautious, respectable MSM?" Caught with Mistress and love child If the story is not true, I hope he sues the Enquirer out of existence.

Edwards was the most logical candidate was taken out by a plant.
see, they know obam is going to win

I think Oban should pick Ron paul. lot of housecleaning.
Last edited by Neptune on Thu 24 Jul 2008, 18:26:54, edited 1 time in total.
Neptune
Wood
Wood

Unread postby PenultimateManStanding » Wed 23 Jul 2008, 12:57:03

Neptune wrote:
AlexdeLarge wrote:If true, I guess this ends his hopes for a VP spot with Obama. "Will this be the first presidential-contender level scandal to occur completely in the undernews, without ever being reported in the cautious, respectable MSM?" Caught with Mistress and love child If the story is not true, I hope he sues the Enquirer out of existence.

The blue dress was a setup, monicas friend was a spec operative even. mon a plant. Senator hart was set up by a plant. Edwards was the most logical candidate was taken out by a plant.
see, they know obam is going to win they also know he is not one of the inner group. See, they need a VP that is part of the inner group watch carefuly who the vp of obam is going to be, search carefully his history and see if he worked for the letters group etc etc
he will be the "one", much like LBJ was special vp. there are no accidents, only plans in politics.

You can kiss Mackain into a nursing home, despide the all the rigged polls, he is going to be one of the LOWEST vote rated candidates everm much like carter was when he ran against raygunz. THis is all manipulation, they have to have someone on the inside track.
I think he will have very close association with Clinton crowd, they will put this forth as NEEDING TO DRAW THE HILL votes who threaten to vote repub. its really to put an insider in office.
I think Oban should pick Ron paul
guaranteed win and blow away all the insiders, he will have to fire the first three tiers of the letters guys immediately though...
lot of housecleaning.

Briwiant Niptune. pwants! Whydin I think of thut?
PenultimateManStanding
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Neptune » Wed 23 Jul 2008, 13:08:15

C'mon, 7 reporters in a lobby at 2 am, only the people who can bug the cell phones would have found him theree on que. obvious inside info.

i do not know how OBM did it, I think his color protected him against the =mmedia, they have been a bit afraid to rip him get it. but they have to tread soft cause the dark community will go ape on any perception of assault!

LOL they are in a corner on this one. Sweet! I smile every day knowing that the upper level really dont have total control. :) wussies.
Last edited by Neptune on Thu 24 Jul 2008, 19:24:58, edited 2 times in total.
Neptune
Wood
Wood

Unread postby PenultimateManStanding » Wed 23 Jul 2008, 13:27:53

Neptune wrote:Kedeny was not one of them,
Who the fark is Kedeny? Yu no maka no cence. Luminatties, bro, they run the sho. Rotchild & Rocketfellow. Moonlanding fake.
PenultimateManStanding
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Neptune » Wed 23 Jul 2008, 13:35:22

Nothing wrong what you sed.
Neptune
Wood
Wood

Unread postby PenultimateManStanding » Wed 23 Jul 2008, 13:44:12

Neptune wrote:Nothing wrong what you sed.
C yuve got a cence of humur. :lol:
PenultimateManStanding
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to North America Discussion