Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The Best Video I have ever seen that fails to mention PO!!!

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

The Best Video I have ever seen that fails to mention PO!!!

Unread postby misterno » Sat 26 Jul 2008, 20:04:55

Last edited by misterno on Sun 27 Jul 2008, 16:37:39, edited 1 time in total.
misterno
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Re: The best PEAK OIL video I have ever seen!!!!

Unread postby AlexdeLarge » Sat 26 Jul 2008, 23:11:11

Wow!

Should I just slit my wrists????

I wish I had seen this in 2006. Peter Schiff is incredible and the other guy looks a fool in hindsight.

On January 25, 2008, Peter Schiff was appointed as an economic adviser in Ron Paul's presidential campaign. Schiff made the following statement concerning Paul's economic revitalization plan: “We need a plan that stimulates savings and production not more of the reckless borrowing and consumption that got us into this mess in the first place. Ron Paul’s plan is the only one that amounts to a step in the right direction. If you want meaningful change - for the better that is - Ron Paul is the only candidate capable of delivering it. The others merely promise to continue the failed policies that are at the root of our current economic problems.”

Great Post!!!!!!
Last edited by AlexdeLarge on Sat 26 Jul 2008, 23:14:51, edited 1 time in total.
Viddy well, little brother. Viddy well.
AlexdeLarge
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Armageddon » Sat 26 Jul 2008, 23:13:50

Peter Schiff is really good.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby cipi604 » Sun 27 Jul 2008, 05:28:00

Brilliant, just brilliant.
cipi604
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby oneplain1 » Sun 27 Jul 2008, 09:06:50

From what Mr. Schiff said in 2006 and just a week ago on Sunday morning TV, in his opinion we are only maybe half way thru the economic correction that must happen (sooner or later). That correction is predicted as being a very deep and prolonged recession, with some economists seeing conditions similar to the great depression. Dubya and Co. are pulling out all the stops not to let that happen on their clock; stops that will more than likely make the pain greater later on. Which brings me to my thought; who or what party in their right mind would want to be saddled with the job of president in 2009 knowing full well that this boat is shot full of holes and is taking on water faster than the pumps can handle? Knowing the way that most Americans think, the most important first step will be who can we blame for this mess. I predict a record cross over vote this November.
Democrats voting for republicans and vice versa not so much for the sake of the best person for the job, but rather who will be known for decades as the scapegoat for our situation.
Very obviously, the last thing Americans want to here is the truth on what must be done to recover from the current state of affairs.
Look at the reactions given to Ron Paul during his campaign.
oneplain1
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Ghog » Sun 27 Jul 2008, 09:25:31

Wow!!

It's easy to see who has the clue. I wonder which one is aware of the term 'Peak Oil'? :wink:
Ghog
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby misterno » Sun 27 Jul 2008, 10:31:25

This guy is like Nostradamus.

I wonder what he is saying now.

Everything he said back in Nov 2006 turned out true now in mid 2008. If he is right, then we should see interest rates skyrocketing and deeper recession coupled with mortgage and housing system collapsing.

I will go head and watch his more recent videos.
misterno
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby miles392 » Sun 27 Jul 2008, 10:33:52

Yeah that was good stuff, Barry Asmus looked like such an assclown as well, you could see he didn’t know what he was talking about.
miles392
Peat
Peat

Unread postby ushoys » Sun 27 Jul 2008, 11:30:20

I watched the whole thing and Schiff did not mention Peak Oil or energy supply at all. As good as his presentation was, the woes and future he described (primarily with regard to the US housing market, national debt and lack of American manufacturing capability), do not take into account Peak Oil. This makes our prospects even grimmer than Schiff's pessimism indicated here.
ushoys
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Armageddon » Sun 27 Jul 2008, 11:47:28

ushoys wrote:I watched the whole thing and Schiff did not mention Peak Oil or energy supply at all. As good as his presentation was, the woes and future he described (primarily with regard to the US housing market, national debt and lack of American manufacturing capability), do not take into account Peak Oil. This makes our prospects even grimmer than Schiff's pessimism indicated here.

so true
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby misterno » Sun 27 Jul 2008, 12:44:10

Here is what I don't get from his speech

He is talking about wall street firms' packaging the sub prime mortgage bonds and rate 65% of them AAA.

Then he explains why and how. He even mentions even 5% of these mortgage bonds fail, then the whole package will fail.

I am not understanding this, can someone care to explain or give us a link? If it is true, this is unbelievable....
misterno
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Armageddon » Sun 27 Jul 2008, 13:01:42

Overman wrote:Hated it ;-)

Yeah! no PO? WTF?! ;-)

Nostrodumbass? pffft!
I want my 9 minutes 59 seconds back please ;-)

His field is economics. You can't fault him for not understanding PO. His predictions have been great so far. Can you imagine what his predictions would be if he did know about PO ? Ouch ! He would make rockman look like an optimist.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby smallpoxgirl » Sun 27 Jul 2008, 13:06:08

Armageddon wrote:His field is economics. You can't fault him for not understanding PO.

Yeah. It's just that the thread title says it's a peak oil video. In big capital letters no less. I would think that a peak oil video should at least use the phrase peak oil or reference the theories of peak oil. :razz:
"We were standing on the edges
Of a thousand burning bridges
Sifting through the ashes every day
What we thought would never end
Now is nothing more than a memory
The way things were before
I lost my way" - OCMS
smallpoxgirl
Expert
Expert

Unread postby ushoys » Sun 27 Jul 2008, 13:11:01

How could he "not know about Peak Oil"? He's an economist that runs an investment company for heaven's sake!
ushoys
Wood
Wood

Unread postby misterno » Sun 27 Jul 2008, 13:16:12

Peter Schiffer is challenged

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_yjdXoFaic
misterno
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Armageddon » Sun 27 Jul 2008, 13:20:23

ushoys wrote:How could he "not know about Peak Oil"? He's an economist that runs an investment company for heaven's sake!

I hear ya, but there is so much dis-info out there, you just never know. He could be a recipient of really bad info from a reliable source in his mind. Hell, Jeff Rense and Alex Jones are extremely well informed about the entire NWO agenda and yet they fail to understand PO. I thought Michael Rupport had Rense convinced about PO a few years ago on his show, but Rense returned to his PO is a conspiracy mode. When you have asshats like Jerome Corsi and Lindsey Williams out there spreading their BS, people just seem to overlook PO.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Ghog » Sun 27 Jul 2008, 14:11:45

It could be as simple as knowing about it, but being unwilling to accept it. People who are signed up to this site know about Peak Oil, but as we have seen, have differing views on its legitimacy. (Cornicopians, moderates, doomers)

As this was Nov 06, it is possible he is more Peak Oil aware now than he was then as we are seeing more articles in the mainstream about it. However, I think he was looking at it from an entirely economical point of view which does make the topic title misleading.
Ghog
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby eXpat » Sun 27 Jul 2008, 14:36:30

Even today, with all thas as happened is interesting to watch people reactions to what Peter Schiff says:
America On Brink of Economic Collapse

"All of this is going to work out just fine" hahaahaha
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
George Bernard Shaw

You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.” Ayn Rand
eXpat
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby killJOY » Sun 27 Jul 2008, 15:28:17

The title of this thread is pure B.S.
Peak oil = comet Kohoutek.
killJOY
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Armageddon » Sun 27 Jul 2008, 15:29:42

" The Best Video I have ever seen that fails to mention PO "
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Next

Return to Peak Oil Discussion