Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Colonization theories

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Colonization theories

Unread postby kevindotcar » Mon 28 Jul 2008, 17:42:54

New user here- Sorry if anything here has been discussed before... If so, I'd appreciate thread links.

For many years I wondered why the U.S. got involved in the quagmire of VietNam - until I read this: link

What about a theory that the U.S. may have been out to "colonize" Viet Nam before China could get to it? Are we "colonizing" Iraq?

The parallels to the Spanish-American war are actually kind of remarkable- We historically pretty blatantly picked a fight with Spain and ended up with the Phillipines to get Zinc, Tin and Copper (which never really panned out) - And here we are (pretty historically already) being shown to pick another fight - this time for a pretty sure thing... Last map I looked at showed Iraq having a quarter of the world's known reserves.
KC
kevindotcar
Wood
Wood

Re: Colonization theories

Unread postby Ludi » Mon 28 Jul 2008, 17:46:54

kevindotcar wrote:Are we "colonizing" Iraq?

Yes.
Ludi

Unread postby Ferretlover » Mon 28 Jul 2008, 17:53:00

Welcome to PeakOil.com, Kevindotcar. Please step over to the Welcome Forum and introduce yourself to the other posters.
Also in the Welcome Forum, we have a thread, "How to Find Your Way Around This Site Without Losing Your Mind." It is full of useful tips.
Enjoy yourself. :)
"Open the gates of hell!" ~Morgan Freeman's character in the movie, Olympus Has Fallen.
Ferretlover
Elite
Elite

Unread postby timmac » Mon 28 Jul 2008, 23:53:57

Yep, welcome to the New World Order,, spend billions and billions and kill millions to keep that devils black gold flowing and make Bush and his oil friends richer,, there is another cheaper and better way but that makes to much sense and takes money away from Bush and his oil friends,,, [ don't ever froget that Osama Bin Laden and his family was oil investors with the Bush family and family friends as well ], don't ever froget that......

Those that are in power need peak oil to happen and cause many problems around the world so a Newer World Order can be established...........
timmac
Permanently Banned

Return to Peak Oil Discussion