Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Are the feds stockpiling food?

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Are the feds stockpiling food?

Unread postby anthem » Tue 29 Jul 2008, 16:08:33

The following link to a story on WND was posted on another message board I frequent. I was not able to find reference to this story on PeakOil.com, so I thought I would post it. Basically, there is some evidence that entities within the federal government are stockpiling storable food:

From World Net Daily

If this story is true, the implications are quite large that something major is going happen soon. The official comments from the food company, Oregon Freeze Dry/Mountain House are also a bit mysterious. I visited their website and indeed, many bulk food items are out of stock.
Whoso would be a man must be a non-conformist.
anthem
Peat
Peat

Re: Are the feds stockpiling food?

Unread postby joeltrout » Tue 29 Jul 2008, 16:39:48

Well that kills my plan of buying a little each month. :-x

I just received an order 2 days ago. It took over 4 weeks to get.

I guess beggers can't be choosers. :)

joeltrout
joeltrout
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Specop_007 » Tue 29 Jul 2008, 16:48:08

MH is good stuff, but their dealers are fucking jackasses and crooks.

Aside from that, I've been told from 1 .gov guy who does purchasing that its getting to be time to rotate stock. Meaning int he past they have, for one reason or another, stockpiled food and its getting to be time to either store more or replace the current stock. He also stated he had an increase in his budget for just such a measure.

So whether the .gov is stockpiling more food / stockpiling food or just doing its normal rotation I have no idea.

I do know however that this is something "We the people" shouldnt be worried about as we should already have some emergency supplies put away......... :wink:
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the
Abyss, the Abyss gazes also into you."

Ammo at a gunfight is like bubblegum in grade school: If you havent brought enough for everyone, you're in trouble
Specop_007
Expert
Expert

Unread postby anthem » Tue 29 Jul 2008, 16:56:11

Why is the company not forthcoming about where the "spike" in #10 can sales originated? I find that odd. Most of the time companies want to push the blame onto somone else. Oblique official statements like the ones in the story remind me of the same sort of crapola that comes out of KSA, OPEC, etc.
Whoso would be a man must be a non-conformist.
anthem
Peat
Peat

Unread postby miles392 » Tue 29 Jul 2008, 17:05:16

Hm it is kinda strange, I mean why would they have to restock right now? Isn't there a pretty long durability on that stuff? I guess this is as good conspiracy material as anything else :P
miles392
Peat
Peat

Unread postby the48thronin » Tue 29 Jul 2008, 18:40:12

miles392 wrote:Hm it is kinda strange, I mean why would they have to restock right now? Isn't there a pretty long durability on that stuff? I guess this is as good conspiracy material as anything else :P

some of the stocks they have date back to the 50s it does get dated...LOL

you do remember "civil dfense" and the "bomb shelters" right?
There have been stock piles of "rations" and medicines etc from the days of Ike. probably even before that.

the caves in Kc Mo come to mind, we were hauling fed food in there in 1973 when I started out in this business. carrying in new and removing to government surplus property disposal yards even older stuff.

You might check out PDO yards... if FEMA has any they would be interesting. My family ate canned dehdrated meat from military PDO yards all through the 70s.

The pork chops made great sausage after rehydrating.
Malthusian Riders Member!

Courtesy and Courage Sincerity and Self-control Honor and Loyalty a Code to Live By!
What do the miners do when the canary dies? EVACUATE THE MINE not argue about the color of it's feathers or buy a parrot instead.

Where is my pitchfork and torch? I need them for a visit to the castle!
the48thronin
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby kpeavey » Tue 29 Jul 2008, 18:42:46

Paranoia and prudence is not limited to only the US Federal Govt. There are plenty of other governments out there across the globe. It may be there is a nation somewhere whos government thought it prudent to stockpile large amounts of canned freeze dried foods. Perhaps it is the US, perhaps Israel, perhaps Iran.

Rather than a government, consider an organized group. If it is a group, the group would need thousands of members and a sizable bankroll. Mormons store food for hard times. Golem can probably produce evidence showing it is the Illuminati hoarding food.

The Israeli Illuminati Mormons are the likely suspects.

The situation does offer income potential. Here is a product in such demand that supply can not keep up.

According to the article, the #10 can freeze dried foods are unavailable through 2009. If the buyer has contracted for all production through next year, it lends credibility to the notion that we have another 18 months to get our preps in order.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--for ever."
-George Orwell, 1984
_____

twenty centuries of stony sleep were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle, and what rough beast, its hour come round at last, slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
-George Yeats
kpeavey
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Homesteader » Tue 29 Jul 2008, 19:14:21

kpeavey wrote:Golem can probably produce evidence showing it is the Illuminati hoarding food.

The Israeli Illuminati Mormons are the likely suspects.

:lol:
"The era of procrastination, of half-measures, of soothing and baffling expedients, of delays, is coming to a close. In its place we are entering a period of consequences…"
Sir Winston Churchill

Beliefs are what people fall back on when the facts make them uncomfortable.
Homesteader
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby AQIUS » Tue 29 Jul 2008, 19:34:00

"The Israeli Illuminati Mormons are the likely suspects"

heh heh . .. I like that. good soh !
AQIUS

Return to North America Discussion