Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Contrived Shortages & the New Reality

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Contrived Shortages & the New Reality

Unread postby vision-master » Thu 21 Aug 2008, 15:28:55

First, there is the hocus-pocus, contrived energy
The planet is awash in oil, but the elite have fabricated lies of "scarcity" to drive prices skyward to astronomical levels.

The establishment story is that we are fast running out of oil. The earth's petroleum stores are almost depleted—supplies are peaking and now economic and human tragedy is at our doorstep. Predictably, the price of gasoline has rocketed into the stratosphere, leaving the ordinary working public terribly depleted of income and financially up against the wall.

Are we really running out of oil? No! Of course not. In fact, the planet is awash with the gooey black stuff. Earth is truly Planet Petroleum. Recent drilling successes in Brazilian waters, in the Gulf of Mexico, in the Bakken oil region of North and South Dakota, in Canada and Alaska, and around the globe prove that mankind will never run out of oil. Never!—Never!—Never!

The unscientific theories of "fossil" fuel depletion and hoax of "Peak Oil" are absurd nonsense, lies designed by oil corporation hucksters and their paid shills to justify their highway robbery of the American and world consumer.

And More Contrived Crises
The contrived crises of "Global Warming" and "Climate Change" are similar scams. The entire environmentalist movement was founded—and funded—by the huge multinational oil corporations: Exxon, Mobil, Shell, etc. They want the Mother Earth crazies to act-up. It gives the greedy oil potentates an excuse to shelve most of the world's oil that is discovered and cap-off tens of thousands of producing oil wells. It also provides the elite an excuse for their failure to build new gasoline refineries and pipelines.

New Reality
The Illuminati elite are processing and pushing humanity psychologically into a New Reality. Their goal is to force us all to accept this New Reality and to willingly enter their artificially created, new Age of Scarcity. Naturally, they, the High Priests, claim to have the solutions necessary to fix each and every crisis. If, however, we do not accept their prefabricated solutions, we will be crushed—the whole world will grind to a halt due to lack of oil, and we will all starve and thirst to death. What monstrous beasts and liars these elitist human devils are! :razz:
link
vision-master

Re: Contrived Shortages & the New Reality

Unread postby Cochise » Thu 21 Aug 2008, 15:47:49

say, what kind of stuff is this dude smoking?
Cochise
Peat
Peat

Unread postby vision-master » Thu 21 Aug 2008, 15:53:58

Cochise wrote:say, what kind of stuff is this dude smoking?

I've posted two similar articles today. What does each have in common? They are both from Christian Religious speakers. Have any of you brought PO to the attenion of your church's congregation, huh? Seems to me this is the 1st place PO needs to be discussed with the general public!
vision-master

Unread postby burtonridr » Thu 21 Aug 2008, 15:58:14

vision-master wrote:
I've posted two similar articles today. What does each have in common? They are both from Christian Religious speakers. Have any of you brought PO to the attenion of your chruch's congregation, huh? Seems to me this is the 1st place PO needs to be discussed with the general public!

Christian Religious speakers = political speakers?
Tired of high gas prices? [smilie=BangHead.gif] Then stop driving to work, duh..... Learn to Work from home

Peak Oil Blog = http://getroasted.wordpress.com
burtonridr
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby r101958 » Thu 21 Aug 2008, 16:00:24

Whatever he is smoking....it must be good....say....got any extra?
r101958
Peat
Peat

Unread postby vision-master » Thu 21 Aug 2008, 16:00:52

burtonridr wrote:
vision-master wrote:
I've posted two similar articles today. What does each have in common? They are both from Christian Religious speakers. Have any of you brought PO to the attenion of your chruch's congregation, huh? Seems to me this is the 1st place PO needs to be discussed with the general public!

Have you spoken to your congregation?
vision-master

Unread postby UncoveringTruths » Thu 21 Aug 2008, 16:03:35

vision-master wrote:
burtonridr wrote:
vision-master wrote:

I offered a quart of oil when the offering plate came around and all hell broke loose. :lol:
It's a cold cold world when a man has to pawn his shoes.
UncoveringTruths
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby vision-master » Thu 21 Aug 2008, 16:06:27

UncoveringTruths wrote:
vision-master wrote:
burtonridr wrote:
vision-master wrote:
I offered a quart of oil when the offering plate came around and all hell broke loose. :lol:

So? What is the problem? The indigenous religious elders understand.
vision-master

Unread postby joeltrout » Thu 21 Aug 2008, 16:06:59

vision-master wrote:Have you spoken to your congregation?

No and probably won't since it is several thousand people.

I have however talked to several close friends in our bible study that were willing to listen. They probably think I am a wacko but at least they have been told and hopefully will give it some more thought and ask questions. Especially if gas prices start to go up again.
joeltrout
joeltrout
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby venky » Thu 21 Aug 2008, 18:04:59

What if he is right though and we are the deluded ones? :(
I play the cards I'm dealt, though I sometimes bluff.

Only Man is vile.
venky
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby emersonbiggins » Thu 21 Aug 2008, 18:15:19

venky wrote:What if he is right though and we are the deluded ones? :(

Then oil truly is = ZPE.

Mars, here we come, baby!!1!
"It's called the American Dream because you'd have to be asleep to believe it."

George Carlin
emersonbiggins
Expert
Expert

Unread postby venky » Thu 21 Aug 2008, 18:18:16

emersonbiggins wrote:
venky wrote:What if he is right though and we are the deluded ones? :(
Then oil truly is = ZPE. Mars, here we come, baby!!1!

I truly wish that were so; Peak Oil really sucks. :(
I play the cards I'm dealt, though I sometimes bluff.

Only Man is vile.
venky
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Cochise » Thu 21 Aug 2008, 18:21:29

vision-master wrote:

I do not go to church and i do not have a congregation.
And i don't see how i can talk about PO with Christians (or any people professing any religion) because the discussion, sooner or later, will lead to the issue of contraception and abortion, and above all with the right to have all the freaking babies one couple might want.
Try to talk about that with a 'christian'.... try to ask to one of them how they think the problem of overpopulation should be solved, assuming he/she believes overpopulation is a problem.

I hate to generalize, i really do. As i said, i don't have many contact, if any, with churches and congregations, and i believe that there are many christians aware of the situation, but the vast majority are not.
I am aware that someone might (and likely will) raise hell about the above statements; i just hope that the discussion will be confined in the boundaries of decency.
Cochise
Peat
Peat

Unread postby vision-master » Thu 21 Aug 2008, 18:33:54

That's the root of our problem. Our religious culture. To think otherwise is nothing short of being a heretic. Here's an outside view of the myth we live in.
The reason for these vastly different views is found in the way time is experienced. In the West time is history. There is a past, a present, and a future; a beginning, a middle, and an end. Like a stick. Native peoples experience time as a cycle. There are four stages, such as the seasons: spring, summer, autumn, and winter. Like a hoop. Each stage is a preparation for the next. At the center of the hoop is a still timelessness; the eternal present around which the cycles revolve. The visions of native prophets occur at that center point from where the cycles of change can be seen. There is no end.

We think like sticks.
vision-master

Unread postby POAlex » Thu 21 Aug 2008, 19:31:11

Vision, you should discuss what he said instead of targeting him for being a Christian.

Think about it. You get the world so interconnected and dependent on a resource then you cut off that resource to force the population to have no choice but accept the solution you chose. Whether scarcity is real or fabricated, the result is the same.

In order to convince the world to unite into a world government, you first have to convince the world there's no other choice. What is the Illuminati Conspiracy?
Alex
POAlex
Wood
Wood

Unread postby vision-master » Thu 21 Aug 2008, 19:49:52

POAlex wrote:Vision, you should discuss what he said instead of targeting him for being a Christian. Think about it. You get the world so interconnected and dependent on a resource then you cut off that resource to force the population to have no choice but accept the solution you chose. Whether scarcity is real or fabricated, the result is the same.
In order to convince the world to unite into a world government, you first have to convince the world there's no other choice.What is the Illuminati Conspiracy?

The Christian Myth has caused the World great pain! The new Roman Empire............
vision-master

Unread postby Cochise » Thu 21 Aug 2008, 20:07:53

POAlex wrote:Vision, you should discuss what he said instead of targeting him for being a Christian. Think about it. You get the world so interconnected and dependent on a resource then you cut off that resource to force the population to have no choice but accept the solution you chose. Whether scarcity is real or fabricated, the result is the same.
In order to convince the world to unite into a world government, you first have to convince the world there's no other choice.What is the Illuminati Conspiracy?

ok, let's discuss what he said. He said that PO is pure BS, that we could swim in oil if it wasn't for a group of evil 'illuminati' that are doing everything to cut the availability of oil.

This hypothesis imply that even big oil companies are so unaware of this conspiracy that they are pouring billions in developing hard to extract oil from Alberta shale and offshore drilling. Hard to believe. Plus, there are hundreds of reports from independent geologist, based on hard data that show that the best days of oil are over. The above hypothesis imply that even these people are in a total delusional state.

At this point, we are forced to chose between what these fact and people are telling us, and what people believing in such conspiracy are telling us. Well, i know who to believe, and therefore this ends the discussion.
Cochise
Peat
Peat

Unread postby vision-master » Thu 21 Aug 2008, 20:09:27

+1
vision-master

Unread postby mos6507 » Thu 21 Aug 2008, 21:14:22

vision-master wrote:The indigenous religious elders understand.

You like to put native americans up on a pretty high pedestal. How much personal experience do you have with them? If you have this much interest maybe you should go visit a reservation and get to know them better rather than idolizing them based on some youtube videos.
mos6507

Unread postby burtonridr » Fri 22 Aug 2008, 12:49:29

vision-master wrote:Have you spoken to your congregation?

I do not belong to a congregation, but was raised under Christian beliefs... If I were part of a congregation I would be quickly labeled king kool-aid :lol:

I dont have a problem talking to people about PO... I just dont go into the horrifying results. I simply ask them, "do you agree that oil is a finite resource?". Which they almost always answer yes... Then I start talking about how we had a oil supply crisis in the 70's and ask them if they are familiar with it. Then I explain how our problem was easily fixed in the 70's because we just started importing oil from other countries and have been doing it ever since. Then I tell them we are at the point where a lot of other countries are starting to have problems keep their oil supply up just like we did in the 70's and how it will begin an irriversable decline in production. Then I ask them where the extra oil will come from this time.

That usually either shuts them up because they know the ramifications of running low on oil or it starts a conversation, an actual conversation about other energy needs, which leads them to bringing up all kinds of technologies that are no where near helping us.... :P
Tired of high gas prices? [smilie=BangHead.gif] Then stop driving to work, duh..... Learn to Work from home

Peak Oil Blog = http://getroasted.wordpress.com
burtonridr
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Next

Return to Peak Oil Discussion