Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Saskatchewan oil spot red hot

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Saskatchewan oil spot red hot

Unread postby vampyregirl » Sat 23 Aug 2008, 22:43:33

Energy producers are buying up Crown leases and drilling rights in southern Saskatchewan at a rapid pace, setting unprecedented land sales. So far this year the province has taken in more than $605 million Canadian. The Ministry of Energy and Resources says it shows the huge potential of the Canadian side of the Bakken formation.
So what is going on on the American side?
vampyregirl
Coal
Coal

Re: Saskatchewan oil spot red hot

Unread postby joeltrout » Sat 23 Aug 2008, 23:36:39

Just google Bakken, Marcellus, Haynesville, Roan Plateau, etc...

Plenty of leasing going on in the US.

I personally have negotiated more oil and gas leases in July than I did in all of 2007. Areas that we have not leased in literally 80 years are getting leased because companies are struggling to replace reserves and searching in places "far outside the fairway".

It has been a good year.

joeltrout
joeltrout
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Cashmere » Sun 24 Aug 2008, 04:42:08

joeltrout wrote:Just google Bakken, Marcellus, Haynesville, Roan Plateau, etc...

Plenty of leasing going on in the US.

I personally have negotiated more oil and gas leases in July than I did in all of 2007. Areas that we have not leased in literally 80 years are getting leased because companies are struggling to replace reserves and searching in places "far outside the fairway".

It has been a good year.

joeltrout

Hearing that from an insider is like hearing a mortician happily stating that it's been a good year.
Massive Human Dieoff <b>must</b> occur as a result of Peak Oil. Many more than half will die. It will occur everywhere, including where <b>you</b> live. If you fail to recognize this, then your odds of living move toward the "going to die" group.
Cashmere
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby joeltrout » Mon 25 Aug 2008, 11:54:18

pstarr wrote:We have an expression here at PO about 'low-hanging fruit.' After you've picked the good ones, shaked the branches, and scrouged around on the ground, you give up or get a latter.

My point exactly. Here in California the public companies are getting more and more desperate to find any new plays no matter how small.

Many of the small independents in CA are sitting back and just producing what they already have. Exploration for them is way too costly because 2 or 3 dry holes could break them. So they can't be spending millions on mass leasing, 3-d seismic, and/or drilling wildcat wells.

joeltrout
joeltrout
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Return to North America Discussion