Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

A lying rhetorician deserves no respect maverick.

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

A lying rhetorician deserves no respect maverick.

Unread postby allenwrench » Thu 28 Aug 2008, 21:34:01

Well, maverick McCain, your tax plan to lower taxes for the rich and hope the rich will create more jobs with their extra wealth doesn't hold water. Sure some odd jobs may happen as you say. But lets look at how thing are and not at how you hope they will be.

What is the trend in the US Mr. maverick? 70% of what is sold in Walmart comes from China and it keep rising as we speak. Do rich people think about creating jobs in the US or do they think about how they can buy the cheapest product they can in China or India to make the most money?

Do you honestly think rich people will make 75% less profit just to create US jobs??

If that was the case - why didn't they do it before maverick? What was holding them back? could it be greed Mr. maverick?

Have you ever know a rich man addicted to wealth ever become satisfied maverick? Do they ever given up their life of money grabbing and say, "yes, I have enough and am not interested in making more money?"

Or do they keep grabbing and working to get more money until their dying day...even grabbing for control of money from the coffin?

Greed is never satisfied by attainment maverick. Greed is only satisfied by contentment. Once attained the desire for more is just raised to a higher level of greed maverick.

I would have some respect for you if you just told the truth maverick and said "I want the richer to be richer." But a lying rhetorician deserves no respect maverick.

...and no I am not for Obama...I am for truth.
Last edited by allenwrench on Fri 29 Aug 2008, 13:11:52, edited 1 time in total.
allenwrench
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Re: A lying rhetorician deserves no respect maverick.

Unread postby SILENTTODD » Fri 29 Aug 2008, 00:25:01

"McCain=Bush"; simple, truthful ,honest, and to the point. You can put it on a bumper sticker and everybody knows what you say!
Skeptical scrutiny in both Science and Religion is the means by which deep thoughts are winnowed from deep nonsense-Carl Sagan
SILENTTODD
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Cashmere » Fri 29 Aug 2008, 02:58:20

SILENTTODD wrote:"McCain=Bush"; simple, truthful ,honest, and to the point. You can put it on a bumper sticker and everybody knows what you say!

Perhaps, but a lie by omission none the less.

Full truth be told . . .

McCain=Bush=Obama=Clinton.
Massive Human Dieoff <b>must</b> occur as a result of Peak Oil. Many more than half will die. It will occur everywhere, including where <b>you</b> live. If you fail to recognize this, then your odds of living move toward the "going to die" group.
Cashmere
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby FreedomSlave » Fri 29 Aug 2008, 03:32:51

Cashmere wrote:
SILENTTODD wrote:"McCain=Bush"; simple, truthful ,honest, and to the point. You can put it on a bumper sticker and everybody knows what you say!

Full truth be told . . .

C'mon, Cash. You're not that shallow. Obviously Obama isn't telling the whole story...but who really can? At least he's talking about the real issues, albeit in a "palatable" manner to the herd.

None of these guys are the same - each is just more like one than some other, depending on context. But one fact is irrefutable....

Obama is different from any of the others. I just hope he's different enough, and stays that way.
FreedomSlave
Peat
Peat

Unread postby mefistofeles » Fri 29 Aug 2008, 04:08:50

"McCain=Bush"; simple, truthful ,honest, and to the point. You can put it on a bumper sticker and everybody knows what you say!

I would disagree strongly I think, if anything I think Obama is alot closer to Bush than McCain.

Let's be honest Obama is not going to pull the United States out of Iraq.

If anything I think Obama will probably continue the policies of George II. Why?

Because Obama is weak he has no juice. He doesn't have the intellect or sheer will power to bend others to his will. He's also a very wishy washy debater. He speaks in generalities (i.e. the question of when does life begin at Saddleback) and is simply too ambiguous. He is prone to changing his mind and his goals.

Now McCain is a scary dude because he knows what he wants, "American Greatness".

He just doesn't want to power of the presidency, like most egomaniacs. He takes it up a whole new level.

McCain is going to Make George II , look like Ghandi. When McCain is president all of you will be speaking about George II in glowing and endearing terms.

McCain is driven and intelligent. He's comfortable with the media and able talk like a "straight shooter" (which is simply a higher form of diplomacy.)

Watch McCain on Leno or SNL and its amazing to see how well he can handle himself inf front. McCain doesn't need a script he can take names and kick ass because he can improvise remarkably. He's a natural leader of men.

This is why I think McCain is dangerous. The founding fathers designed the three branches of government to be equal, yet over the decades the executive branch had greatly increased its power.

I think the system will become totally unbalanced if someone with a true will to power sits in the oval office. The other branches will merely exist in the shadow of a powerful President and function only as the form rather than the substance of democracy.
mefistofeles
Coal
Coal

Unread postby Concerned » Fri 29 Aug 2008, 09:11:30

Cashmere wrote:

Full truth be told . . .

ROFLMAO too true ;)
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."
-Italian Proverb
Concerned
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Cashmere » Fri 29 Aug 2008, 10:48:17

FreedomSlave wrote:
Cashmere wrote:

Full truth be told . . .

C'mon, Cash. You're not that shallow. Obviously Obama isn't telling the whole story...but who really can? At least he's talking about the real issues, albeit in a "palatable" manner to the herd.

None of these guys are the same - each is just more like one than some other, depending on context. But one fact is irrefutable....

Obama is different from any of the others. I just hope he's different enough, and stays that way.

You gotta give it up, man.

I know it's tough, but you've got to do it.

Your whole life you've believed that party X is the "bad" party and that party Y is the "good" party.

Who knows why you've believed this?

Party X "supports gays". Party X is pro-abortion. Party X "cares" about the environment.

Democrats have run Congress for 2 years. In those 2 years we have . . .

Expanded the war in Iraq.
Done nothing to address the fundamental cause of the U.S. economic collapse that has started.
Made the collapse worse by borrowing yet more money.

In short, the Democrats have run Congress no differently than the Republicans did.

The Dems don't even have a couple of BullSh-t, signature, distraction wins.

No removal of "don't ask don't tell".
They have agreed to drill in formally undrillable areas.
The minimum wage is still low.
Oil companies are still getting huge tax breaks.
Nancy Pelosi and Hillary Clinton still need to find some young stud that can fill a big void in their lives.

You think Obama is "different"? Sir, you have the lure so deep in your belly we're going to need surgery to remove it.

Obama is only different in that he, unlike Bush, is a native English speaker.

Obama is the same, with a new coat of paint, a nice, expensive smile, and a fine command of the oration.

But have no doubt that the course America is on will not change 1 degree on his watch.

He has already noted that he will increase troop forces in Afghan.
He has not committed to removing ALL troops from Iraq. Just like the Dems in Congress, any "scale back" is a lie that will be renigged upon immediately upon gaining office.

They are all, you see, reniggers. All of them, with the possible, but not definite, exception of Ventura and Paul. How about that for a ticket?

Obama's top contributors:
Goldman Sachs $653,030
University of California $576,839
JPMorgan Chase & Co $414,760
Citigroup Inc $408,299
Harvard University $407,219
Google Inc $404,191
UBS AG $389,294
Lehman Brothers $361,482 (Will be expecting immediate repayment!)
National Amusements Inc $360,703
Moveon.org $347,463
Sidley Austin LLP $329,776
Microsoft Corp $326,847
Skadden, Arps et al $320,550
Morgan Stanley $307,221
Time Warner $305,538
WilmerHale $275,132
Jones Day $272,755
Latham & Watkins $270,595
University of Chicago $268,285
Stanford University $258,388

You think Goldman Sachs is dumping money into this guy because they support his "anti-business" hard line populist approach?

Come on man, you've gotta move to the next level.

Put down your latte. Hang up your Burkinsucks. Powerdown your iMac. Turn off the nincompod. Put the Prius on "stealth" mode. Pause the "Inconvenient Truth" DVD.

Barak Obama is no different than Bush, and an Obama presidency will just be more of the same, with just more eloquent bullsh-t all along the way.
Last edited by Cashmere on Fri 29 Aug 2008, 10:54:36, edited 1 time in total.
Massive Human Dieoff <b>must</b> occur as a result of Peak Oil. Many more than half will die. It will occur everywhere, including where <b>you</b> live. If you fail to recognize this, then your odds of living move toward the "going to die" group.
Cashmere
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby allenwrench » Fri 29 Aug 2008, 10:50:02

My wife says (via her friend ) OB is raising taxes by 40% on the middle class.

True or hype?

When it comes to taxes, my first step would be cut gov waste and stop squandering our tax money. Put that money to use with preps that can make transition less costly in pain.
allenwrench
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby allenwrench » Fri 29 Aug 2008, 10:56:50

Cashmere wrote:
FreedomSlave wrote:
Cashmere wrote:

Full truth be told . . .

I know it's tough, but you've got to do it....

...Put down your latte. Hang up your Burkinsucks. Powerdown your iMac. Turn off the nincompod. Put the Prius on "stealth" mode. Pause the "Inconvenient Truth" DVD.

Barak Obama is no different than Bush, and an Obama presidency will just be more of the same with just more eloquent bullsh-t all along the way.

Cashmere has it right....101%

Can we show how history has proved otherwise?

We like to believe in change and have lots of 'hope'. but alas, as a poem tells us

“He may live without books - what is knowledge but grieving?
He may live without hope - what is hope but deceiving?
He may live without love - what is passion but pining?
But where is the man who can live without dining?”
Edward Bulwer-Lytton (1831-1891) Lucile (1860)
allenwrench
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Forney2008 » Fri 29 Aug 2008, 11:09:09

Cashmere wrote:
FreedomSlave wrote:
Cashmere wrote:

Full truth be told . . .

I know it's tough, but you've got to do it.

Your whole life you've believed that party X is the "bad" party and that party Y is the "good" party.

Who knows why you've believed this?

Party X "supports gays". Party X is pro-abortion. Party X "cares" about the environment.

Democrats have run Congress for 2 years. In those 2 years we have . . .

Expanded the war in Iraq.
Done nothing to address the fundamental cause of the U.S. economic collapse that has started.
Made the collapse worse by borrowing yet more money.

In short, the Democrats have run Congress no differently than the Republicans did.

The Dems don't even have a couple of BullSh-t, signature, distraction wins.

No removal of "don't ask don't tell".
They have agreed to drill in formally undrillable areas.
The minimum wage is still low.
Oil companies are still getting huge tax breaks.
Nancy Pelosi and Hillary Clinton still need to find some young stud that can fill a big void in their lives.

You think Obama is "different"? Sir, you have the lure so deep in your belly we're going to need surgery to remove it.

Obama is only different in that he, unlike Bush, is a native English speaker.

Obama is the same, with a new coat of paint, a nice, expensive smile, and a fine command of the oration.

But have no doubt that the course America is on will not change 1 degree on his watch.

He has already noted that he will increase troop forces in Afghan.
He has not committed to removing ALL troops from Iraq. Just like the Dems in Congress, any "scale back" is a lie that will be renigged upon immediately upon gaining office.

They are all, you see, reniggers. All of them, with the possible, but not definite, exception of Ventura and Paul. How about that for a ticket?

Obama's top contributors:
Goldman Sachs $653,030
University of California $576,839
JPMorgan Chase & Co $414,760
Citigroup Inc $408,299
Harvard University $407,219
Google Inc $404,191
UBS AG $389,294
Lehman Brothers $361,482 (Will be expecting immediate repayment!)
National Amusements Inc $360,703
Moveon.org $347,463
Sidley Austin LLP $329,776
Microsoft Corp $326,847
Skadden, Arps et al $320,550
Morgan Stanley $307,221
Time Warner $305,538
WilmerHale $275,132
Jones Day $272,755
Latham & Watkins $270,595
University of Chicago $268,285
Stanford University $258,388

You think Goldman Sachs is dumping money into this guy because they support his "anti-business" hard line populist approach?

Come on man, you've gotta move to the next level.

Put down your latte. Hang up your Burkinsucks. Powerdown your iMac. Turn off the nincompod. Put the Prius on "stealth" mode. Pause the "Inconvenient Truth" DVD.

Barak Obama is no different than Bush, and an Obama presidency will just be more of the same, with just more eloquent bullsh-t all along the way.

Actually Cashmere, Obama has received more "donations" from these crooked investment banks than McCain has. Interesting ehh?
Forney2008
Peat
Peat

Unread postby FreedomSlave » Fri 29 Aug 2008, 12:28:32

Cash, you are making far too many competely wrong assumptions about me.

I personally see the monstrosity of our political system as having evolved into a one party system - the Corporate party - with two wings, and I am disgusted by this rank corporatism, too. But if you can't see the difference between McCain/Bush and Obama, all it does for me is bring down the value of your opinion or analyses.

Besides running a government with competence and instantly changing the perception of the U.S. worldwide to give us some renewed credibility, the next Supreme Court appointments will have a monumental impact on all of our futures in the U.S. Do we really want S.C. justices that will uphold Bush's practices of spying on citizens without probable cause, torture, rendition, suspension of habeus by law or presidential decree, etc.? These men are different, and it matters now more than ever.

It also appeals to me that the mere election of a black man would do more to drive racsim out of government than all of the civil rights laws of the past. It won't end racism completely, but it will drive an ice-cold stake through the heart of racist shitbags across the country, and give our younger generations at least the promise of living up to the equality our Constitution professes is ours.

Probably the most important thing to me is that I wholeheartedly believe McCain will take us to the brink, or engage us, in WWIII. Maybe with Obama we'll end up there anyway, but at least it would be a last option and not be a delusional act of imperial conquest (PNAC, anyone?).

The real choice as I see it in this election is the chance to navigate resource depletion and economic decline in a humane manner (Obama), or re-commit to unending resource wars that may end human existence (McCain). 8O Kind of a big deal, and definitely a clear choice. :roll:

Vote how you like - see if it matters. Maybe another election will be stolen, so my vote won't matter anyway. Who knows?

But to say these people are all the same is merely blind rhetoric.

P.S. Lay of the personal swipes and wrong-headed assumptions. I don't appreciate words or beliefs beings falsely attributed to me.
FreedomSlave
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Cashmere » Fri 29 Aug 2008, 13:39:33

Besides running a government with competence and instantly changing the perception of the U.S. worldwide to give us some renewed credibility, the next Supreme Court appointments will have a monumental impact on all of our futures in the U.S. Do we really want S.C. justices that will uphold Bush's practices of spying on citizens without probable cause, torture, rendition, suspension of habeus by law or presidential decree, etc.? These men are different, and it matters now more than ever.

FS - the "personal swipes" weren't aimed at you. You're just the guy who threw out the target.

Really?

You're convinced Obama is different?

Ok.

So then you'll put your reputation on it? Your money on it?

According to you, Obama will rescind the Patriot Act, make it illegal to waterboard people, restore our privacy rights?

You've completely swallowed the hook line and sinker.

Obama voted in 2005 to reauthorize the Patriot Act.

Has Obama sponsored legislation to make torture illegal? Or is that just some BS he spouts off to hook suckers?

You've been marketed.

He's not different than McCain - at all. They are the same person, as far as the future of this country goes.

The Supreme Court is meaningless.

Where was the Supreme Court when they were seizing the guns of New Orleans residents after Katrina?

Belief that the Constitution is something other than a pretext or that the Supreme Court will have any say in anything once the crap hits the fan is fantasy.

Right now, the only two things that really matter are:

Response to Peak Energy,
and
Foreign Policy.

They both have feckless formulae for energy, and they're both war mongers who will continue to fight resource wars.

End result - America goes down tube further and further at about the same rate, whether it's McCain or Obama.
Cashmere
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby FreedomSlave » Fri 29 Aug 2008, 19:02:44

Thanks for clearing that up, Cash. No harm, no foul.

We're in deep shit, and our system is corrupt - no doubt or argument there at all. But I'll take a chance at my kids having a future over having no hope at all.

No one can change everything that needs to change, or leap tall buildings in a single bound, etc. But it has to start somewhere...and if we don't even try, what's the point of doing anything at all?

Unrelated question for the Mods:

I used the "s"-word in my post above, hit the preview button, and it showed up as "crap". What gives? Is there some sort of automatic censorship software being used here, or is someone "looking over my shoulder" as I type?

I'm just looking for an explanation for how my words get changed.
FreedomSlave
Peat
Peat

Unread postby efarmer » Fri 29 Aug 2008, 19:38:37

My theory is that Aaron has finally been able to code up
the system to where it locates your guardian angel and runs
your posts past your angel for edits. I bet your guardian
angel wanted to write "holy crap" but decided to go with just
one word in place of yours.

OK, the forum has a bad word bot that corrects foul language.
I still like the guardian angel story better though ...
efarmer
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Return to North America Discussion