Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Why PO is a moot point

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Why PO is a moot point

Unread postby Buggy » Thu 18 Sep 2008, 22:31:03

I discovered PO back in May. I went through all the emotional issues most of you have gone through. Then this whole financial crisis hit. Today, I finally got the big picture between the Fed just printing billions of dollars out of thin air and Paulson deciding to make up a new entity to tuck away all the bad debt. I will try to illuminate. Keep in mind this will more than likely get me killed.

You have your local gangs. Then there are the gang leaders. Then you move into the King Pins, the regional crime lords, corrupt elected officials and the sort. Then there's the Mafia. Organized crime. Many believe that this is where it stops. Quite to the contrary, this is the middle. There is a number of tiers above the Mafia. Then there is the final tier. The Super Filthy. They are a handful of the richest men from the richest countries on the planet. They run the world. They play this school yard bully's game for power behind closed doors with the rest of us at their mercy. They live in mansions, get the best booze, the best drugs, the highest priced hookers and those cuban cigars. They are ruthless killers. After all, ruthless is what got them where they are. The politicians with their love for the little man is their front. Bush and Cheney are puppets, as are Obama, McCain and the rest of the elected elite. Cross the Super Filthy and find yourself exposed. Your dirty laundry will most certainly be on the morning news, if not your extinguished life. And that list is long. The Super Filthy live how they like, and change the rules as they please (Note Paulson's fix for Wall Street is a rule changer). They are the kings, and we are their slaves. No, there is no such thing as the land of the free, just another front to serve the monarchy. It became the "land of the free" through the murder of millions of "free" people. We are not free. We are slaves of the likes the world has never seen. We are the very very bottom of this pyramid scheme to keep the Super Filthy super rich. They will make sure we keep spending our money on oil and its biproducts until the last king is left standing. We just don't know who that king will be. Will it be one of the US Super Filthy? A Chinese or Russian Super Filthy? At any rate, with at least half of the world's oil supply gone, the countries just becoming industrialized will get cut off and the Super Filthy will fight for the rest. So at that point, when the world's oil supply peaked really doesn't matter. What really matters most is just how many people are you willing to kill to keep the engine running???? In the end, it won't be peak oil that was survival's deciding factor, it will be the body count.
"We have flown up our own collective numeric bung-hole."
James Howard Kunstler
Buggy
Lignite
Lignite

Re: Why PO is a moot point

Unread postby la2al2tex » Thu 18 Sep 2008, 23:17:43

Where is Morpheus with the Red Pill?
la2al2tex
Wood
Wood

Unread postby AgentR » Thu 18 Sep 2008, 23:20:34

la2al2tex wrote:Where is Morpheus with the Red Pill?

It is only red, when you realize the truth.
There is no pill.
Yes, we are. As we are.
And so shall we remain; Until the end.
AgentR
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby eXpat » Thu 18 Sep 2008, 23:51:09

There, it wasn´t too hard to swallow, was it?
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
George Bernard Shaw

You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.” Ayn Rand
eXpat
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby coyote » Fri 19 Sep 2008, 02:29:33

AgentR wrote:
It is only red, when you realize the truth. There is no pill.

Nice.
Lord, here comes the flood
We'll say goodbye to flesh and blood
If again the seas are silent in any still alive
It'll be those who gave their island to survive...
coyote
News Editor
News Editor

Unread postby mos6507 » Fri 19 Sep 2008, 03:32:59

Buggy wrote:Keep in mind this will more than likely get me killed.

mos6507

Unread postby allenwrench » Sat 20 Sep 2008, 10:33:30

So, are you not prepping at all?? Yes, tons of IF's, AND's and BUT's that could happen. We just don't know. We just do what we can and hope for the best.

But I do the footwork to do what I can do, irrespective of all the 'what ifs' that people throw up for excuses to do nothing. As futurists we try to anticipate future events and the direction the world is headed in and as survivalists we try to prepare for those circumstances.
allenwrench
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Buggy » Sat 20 Sep 2008, 11:09:59

allenwrench wrote:So, are you not prepping at all?? Yes, tons of IF's, AND's and BUT's that could happen. We just don't know. We just do what we can and hope for the best.
But I do the footwork to do what I can do, irrespective of all the 'what ifs' that people throw up for excuses to do nothing. As futurists we try to anticipate future events and the direction the world is headed in and as survivalists we try to prepare for those circumstances.

I have paid off everything but my house. My house is my only debt. I hate having that but I'm hoping to pay it off early. I have a stash of food and water supplies, guns and ammo. My savings account is fat, though I question its usefulness. I have some PM that I think will have bartering power. My dream would be to move into an Amish style community. But I would need to learn a trade.

Somebody said something about the red pill. I thought about that as I was writing the post. Funny.
James Howard Kunstler
Buggy
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby TheDude » Sat 20 Sep 2008, 11:41:42

Doubleplus inane commentary from JD: "377. PEAK OIL: WHO CARES?"
WANT AN EXCERPT?
It's official. Peak oil is a loser. It blew a tire on the curve, and lost the TEOTWAWKI 500 to the ongoing US financial meltdown. Valiant efforts are being made at the peak oil sites to maintain interest and somehow blame the collapse on oil, or at least find some flimsy connection... to no avail. The PO community is looking increasingly like the village idiot who warned everybody about the tornado, just before the big flood hit.
Now that most of Wall Street has been vaporized, peak oil isn't going to be the hot cottage industry it once was. The groupies will now shift to the real rockstars of the global collapse blogosphere -- the finance doomers. Pity the poor peak oil sites... viewers melting away like the Greenland icesheet, page views slumping like WaMu stock...

RIGHT, PEAK OIL HAS BEEN CANCELED BECAUSE THE PRICE WENT DOWN FOR A FEW MONTHS. OOPS, IT'S GOING UP AGAIN, WUZZUP WITH THAT? OH DEAR, PERHAPS THIS BAN ON SHORT SALES IS HAVING AN EFFECT?

And as if Doom is exclusive to geologic factors. MAROON.
Cogito, ergo non satis bibivi
And let me tell you something: I dig your work.
TheDude
Expert
Expert

Unread postby tribalzendancer » Sun 21 Sep 2008, 01:33:58

Has anyone here thought about getting their city government involved in preparing for peak oil? Portland's doing it. San Francisco is doing it. Oakland, CA is doing it. Lawrence, KS just got on the ball.

There are city, community, and individual solutions. Have many people attempted solutions within the city sphere? Portland Peak Oil Task Force Final Report - Actions start on page 33.
tribalzendancer
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Pretorian » Sun 21 Sep 2008, 10:12:46

Buggy wrote:
allenwrench wrote:So, are you not prepping at all?? Yes, tons of IF's, AND's and BUT's that could happen. We just don't know. We just do what we can and hope for the best.
I have paid off everything but my house. My house is my only debt. I hate having that but I'm hoping to pay it off early. I have a stash of food and water supplies, guns and ammo. My savings account is fat, though I question its usefulness. I have some PM that I think will have bartering power. My dream would be to move into an Amish style community. But I would need to learn a trade. Somebody said something about the red pill. I thought about that as I was writing the post. Funny.

A person with a views like this sees wisdom in paying off debts and keeping his money in the bank? That, especially combined with " this is most likely will get me killed" , ets, requieres immediate psychiatric help. Don't wait till its too late.
Pretorian
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby gigacannon » Mon 22 Sep 2008, 06:31:31

I feel pretty reassured that the doomers predicted things would be much, much worse by now, and they're much, much better than I thought.

I'm not in the least bit worried about any of my bills; only my rent is high, and house prices are falling. I grow some of my own food, but despite people moaning about food price increases, food in my country is not scarce nor is it too expensive to purchase that I need to make sacrifices.

We know that peak oil is/should be happening, but it's taking much, much longer than I thought and the change is very much smoother.

Hell, I thought government rationing of fuel would be everywhere by now. It's still completely affordable, though, and plentiful.
gigacannon
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Buggy » Mon 22 Sep 2008, 17:57:09

allenwrench wrote:A person with a views like this sees wisdom in paying off debts and keeping his money in the bank? That, especially combined with " this is most likely will get me killed" , ets, requieres immediate psychiatric help. Don't wait till its too late.

The getting killed part was tongue in cheek. The money in the bank just got there. Forgive me for being just a bit leary as to where I should invest at this time in history. I wish I went gold two weeks ago. And yes, I would recommend anybody just having accepted PO the event go see a counselor. You go through a very difficult grieving process. And, as the past few days have unfolded, I stand behind my assumption now more than ever that our country is run by crooks from behind the scenes or out in the open in the case of Hank Paulson. He is trying to swipe the reigns of financial world power while making sure his out of work cronies in the financial district still receive their multi-million dollar severence packages. For further proof you just need to patiently wait a few days. As this mess we are in unravels, the fraud and deception that went on will be simply mind boggling to the average American. Fortunately for most Americans, they are too busy shopping at Wal-mart and waiting in their cars in lines out to the street at the McDonalds Drive-thru. Yes, with the car idling and the A/C blasting.
James Howard Kunstler
Buggy
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby burtonridr » Mon 22 Sep 2008, 18:48:22

TheDude wrote:Doubleplus inane commentary from JD: "377. PEAK OIL: WHO CARES?" WANT AN EXCERPT?
It's official. Peak oil is a loser. It blew a tire on the curve, and lost the TEOTWAWKI 500 to the ongoing US financial meltdown. Valiant efforts are being made at the peak oil sites to maintain interest and somehow blame the collapse on oil, or at least find some flimsy connection... to no avail. The PO community is looking increasingly like the village idiot who warned everybody about the tornado, just before the big flood hit.
Now that most of Wall Street has been vaporized, peak oil isn't going to be the hot cottage industry it once was. The groupies will now shift to the real rockstars of the global collapse blogosphere -- the finance doomers. Pity the poor peak oil sites... viewers melting away like the Greenland icesheet, page views slumping like WaMu stock...

Does anyone know a good financial forum with realistic doomers?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Tired of high gas prices? [smilie=BangHead.gif] Then stop driving to work, duh..... Learn to Work from home

Peak Oil Blog = http://getroasted.wordpress.com
burtonridr
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby aldente » Fri 26 Sep 2008, 17:43:07

burtonridr wrote:Does anyone know a good financial forum with realistic doomers?

http://financialsense.com/

aldente
Permanently Banned

Return to Peak Oil Discussion