Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

11:59

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

11:59

Unread postby Buggy » Fri 19 Sep 2008, 22:21:42

So here's the deal. Paulson and Co. get this load of sh*t through congress. The American tax payers take on a trillion MORE dollars in debt. Wall St. rejoices and the DOW shoots up hundreds of points. Bullet dodged. They all turn around to go back to their mansions but are instead greeted by the outstretched hands of Ford, GM and Chrysler. I am sorry. I see the door getting slammed in their faces. There is no possible way the Fed can possibly loan them money now. It would be like Bush trying to get congress to let him invade Iran. And for those of us who are PO savvy, we are well aware that the automotive industry is the backbone of this petroleum age economy. This weekend the clock really will strike 11:59.
"We have flown up our own collective numeric bung-hole."
James Howard Kunstler
Buggy
Lignite
Lignite

Re: 11:59

Unread postby messageinabottle » Fri 19 Sep 2008, 22:48:46

Buggy wrote:So here's the deal. Paulson and Co. get this load of sh*t through congress. The American tax payers take on a trillion MORE dollars in debt. Wall St. rejoices and the DOW shoots up hundreds of points. Bullet dodged. They all turn around to go back to their mansions but are instead greeted by the outstretched hands of Ford, GM and Chrysler. I am sorry. I see the door getting slammed in their faces. There is no possible way the Fed can possibly loan them money now. It would be like Bush trying to get congress to let him invade Iran. And for those of us who are PO savvy, we are well aware that the automotive industry is the backbone of this petroleum age economy. This weekend the clock really will strike 11:59.

Why not loan them the money? That money was never real anyway and neither is the debt. It's all one a piece of paper and doesn't mean a darn thing .... so they can print and loan as much as they want. Until the dollar crashes, and then the military will come to the rescue...
messageinabottle
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Cashmere » Fri 19 Sep 2008, 22:54:50

Buggy wrote:So here's the deal. Paulson and Co. get this load of sh*t through congress. The American tax payers take on a trillion MORE dollars in debt. Wall St. rejoices and the DOW shoots up hundreds of points. Bullet dodged. They all turn around to go back to their mansions but are instead greeted by the outstretched hands of Ford, GM and Chrysler. I am sorry. I see the door getting slammed in their faces. There is no possible way the Fed can possibly loan them money now. It would be like Bush trying to get congress to let him invade Iran. And for those of us who are PO savvy, we are well aware that the automotive industry is the backbone of this petroleum age economy. This weekend the clock really will strike 11:59.

Come on. You don't think that the Gov won't hand out money to any large institution?

Come on. The end to this game is complete collapse and martial law.

It's not Congressional/Treasury/Fed/Executive restraint.

Haven't we been beaten enough to know that the beatings will continue.
Massive Human Dieoff <b>must</b> occur as a result of Peak Oil. Many more than half will die. It will occur everywhere, including where <b>you</b> live. If you fail to recognize this, then your odds of living move toward the "going to die" group.
Cashmere
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Buggy » Fri 19 Sep 2008, 23:00:40

messageinabottle wrote:

Why not loan them the money? That money was never real anyway and neither is the debt. It's all one a piece of paper and doesn't mean a darn thing .... so they can print and loan as much as they want. Until the dollar crashes, and then the military will come to the rescue...

You are right. You are absolutely one hundred percent right. But perception is everything. You are one of the few that understand that money is printed by the Fed out of thin air and as long as foreign countries let us, that is the way we will do business. But the problem is most of America still believes gold backs up our money. And with an election to win, you will be hard pressed to find a republican or democrat willing to hand out 25 billion more dollars of funny money that the media will tag as accounts payable by the taxpayers. The perception out there is we (the taxpayers) are now co-owners of a very large, unprofitable insurance company and who knows how many broke banks. Would you like a car dealership too???? NOT!
James Howard Kunstler
Buggy
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby jbrovont » Fri 19 Sep 2008, 23:43:37

I'm not sure martial law will be the end-game for this. They may try, but 7 years in Iraq and stepping out of the Green Zone is risking getting shot, or worse. Iraq only has about 28 million people, and the Iraq police and military are more or less trying to cooperate. Roughly the same size as Michigan and Ohio. Add in Indiana and you have about the same population.

I can see them attempting this, but not succeeding - not with less than 10% of the population supporting their actions. Nine out of ten people think the US government is no longer "for the people." If Bush Co. tried to impose martial law, those numbers would drop considerably. There'd be a brief period of marginal control, and then all hell would break loose.

Even a false flag couldn't accomplish this. 60%+ people think Bush Co. had something to do with, or allowed 9-11. More in New York. If some kind of "terrorist" attack was used to try to justify martial law, a significant portion of the population would conclude it was Bush Co. and permanently polarize.

Cashmere wrote:

Come on. You don't think that the Gov won't hand out money to any large institution?

Come on. The end to this game is complete collapse and martial law.

It's not Congressional/Treasury/Fed/Executive restraint.

Haven't we been beaten enough to know that the beatings will continue.
jbrovont
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby americandream » Sat 20 Sep 2008, 00:12:33

Buggy wrote:
messageinabottle wrote:

You are right. You are absolutely one hundred percent right. But perception is everything. You are one of the few that understand that money is printed by the Fed out of thin air and as long as foreign countries let us, that is the way we will do business. But the problem is most of America still believes gold backs up our money. And with an election to win, you will be hard pressed to find a republican or democrat willing to hand out 25 billion more dollars of funny money that the media will tag as accounts payable by the taxpayers. The perception out there is we (the taxpayers) are now co-owners of a very large, unprofitable insurance company and who knows how many broke banks. Would you like a car dealership too???? NOT!

You are wrong actually. Every dollar constitutes labour surplus multiplied by fractional banking. As long as there is that differential, there will be the ability to print. That differential is now largely a function of the vastly underpaid Chinese labour force and is acceded to by the Chinese elite on the understanding that America will be available for the exchange of the goods porduced by that labour.

In other words, the US government has no other option but to ensure that America is available as a market for China if the American elite wish to contiue enjoying the vastly untapped surplus potential of a 1 billion compliant workforce ( and a future source of US style consumerism). This game is only just beginning folks and I reckon we aren't hearing half of whats really going down.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Buggy » Sat 20 Sep 2008, 10:55:20

You are wrong actually. Every dollar constitutes labour surplus multiplied by fractional banking. As long as there is that differential, there will be the ability to print. That differential is now largely a function of the vastly underpaid Chinese labour force and is acceded to by the Chinese elite on the understanding that America will be available for the exchange of the goods porduced by that labour.

In other words, the US government has no other option but to ensure that America is available as a market for China if the American elite wish to contiue enjoying the vastly untapped surplus potential of a 1 billion compliant workforce ( and a future source of US style consumerism). This game is only just beginning folks and I reckon we aren't hearing half of whats really going down.

I agree with you on the elite, the Chinese slave labor that serves it and that we have no idea what's really going down. I am not sure I understand the bit about dollar and fractional banking. I am your simple layman when it comes to all this. Could you explain further? I based my statement on my understanding that one dollar equals ten dollars of debt. And that debt is ultimately the creation of the Fed throwing debt into the system out of thin air.
James Howard Kunstler
Buggy
Lignite
Lignite

Return to Economics & Finance