Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

hurricane related decline in consumption

Discuss research and forecasts regarding hydrocarbon depletion.

hurricane related decline in consumption

Unread postby mango_bananas » Wed 24 Sep 2008, 21:06:35

Our stocks are way down, but not as bad as would be if consumption were "normal". But it's not normal, today gasoline consumption is down 5 % compared to a year ago, distilliates down 8 %, propane down 22 %!? What's up here? I can see that maybe gasoline consumption goes down since there's no gas in the station, in the southeast, that's one way to cut consumption. But, diesel and propane? What's up?
mango_bananas
Wood
Wood

Re: hurricane related decline in consumption

Unread postby jimmyz » Wed 24 Sep 2008, 21:26:08

I find it hard for a hurricane to reduce consumption. I would see it going up. I have been through a few and i burned a lot more gas etc powering my house and clean up than normal thats for sure. that is just me. just think what the gov. is using for the same thing.

everything going down is b/c they can't deliver it. so it's stockpiles being burned.
jimmyz
Peat
Peat

hurricane related decline in consumption, try again

Unread postby mango_bananas » Fri 26 Sep 2008, 20:23:55

Okay, let's try this again all you super smart oil watchers out there!

WHY: Our stocks are way down, but not as bad as would be if consumption were "normal". But it's not normal, today gasoline consumption is down 5 % compared to a year ago, distilliates down 8 %, propane down 22 %!? What's up here? I can see that maybe gasoline consumption goes down since there's no gas in the station, in the southeast, that's one way to cut consumption. But, diesel and propane? What's up? DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY?
Last edited by Ferretlover on Tue 10 Feb 2009, 20:22:27, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged threads.
mango_bananas
Wood
Wood

Re: hurricane related decline in consumption, try again

Unread postby steam_cannon » Sat 27 Sep 2008, 09:13:04

mango_bananas wrote:Re: hurricane related decline in consumption, try again...Okay, let's try this again all you super smart oil watchers out there!

Telling people they are wrong about something before they even say anything makes you sound like a troll. I also suggest you edit your post so you don't sound overtly insulting, that is if you really want to get anyone to write you an update on the current economic situation playing out with energy consumption.

If you have a serious question, try asking it seriously. But hey, if you just want to troll, the hall of flames is this way.
steam_cannon
Expert
Expert

Re: hurricane related decline in consumption, try again

Unread postby mango_bananas » Sun 28 Sep 2008, 09:33:18

I was not trying to be rude. I'll ask again, does anyone know why the hurricanes caused demand of petroleum products to decline by so much? I have no agenda here, I'm just curious whether this is a real reduction in demand, or whether it's because of EIA's accounting procedures (that they can't make deliveries, so that means consumption is down?).
mango_bananas
Wood
Wood

Return to Peak oil studies, reports & models