Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Dow down 777? Black Magic anyone?

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Dow down 777? Black Magic anyone?

Unread postby Delphis » Mon 29 Sep 2008, 16:57:46

Up For Some Black Magic?
Edward Alexander Crowley, or as he was better known, Aleister Crowley, was once called "The Wickedest Man in the World". Born in the later part of the 19th century, Crowley proved himself very early on in his life to be a gifted thinker, author, scientist and more. Throughout his expansive lifetime, Crowley's writings and ideas became very influential inspirations for many cults involved in freemasonry and black magic.

Crowley composed a "hidden law" instructional book for his students titled 777. In it, he laid out for them some self-mutilating methods by which they can control their thoughts and actions. These methods involved some very painful and dangerous techniques for one to completely step out of his person and behave in completely different ways. Needless to say, a young follower picking up the book 777 those days would certainly see his life change before his eyes.

Also,

Did you know that a well known Benedictine monastery was built in Austria in the year 777? Tassilo III, who was at the time the Duke of Bavaria, founded the Kremsmunster Abbey monastery in the very same location that his son Gunther was supposed to have been killed by a boar.

The church fell and recovered both in its infrastructure and its prestige over the years and saw many foreign overseers managing its affairs. Today the monastery is home to one of the great libraries of Austria. The three-century-old library contains more than 160,000 volumes and 1700 manuscripts in its shelves.

Hmmm....
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."....Albert Einstein
Delphis
Peat
Peat

Location: Hobbiton, but it's looking more like Mordor by the day...oh! hey Sauron, I didn't see you behind me!

Re: Dow down 777? Black Magic anyone?

Unread postby Alnitaka » Mon 29 Sep 2008, 17:47:16

You mention someone named Alexander Crowley? How coincidental.

A voice could be heard in the House chamber today as it looked like the NOs were zeroing in on victory. "Six Hundred Points" came from the voice of Rep. Joe Crowley, Democrat from New York, while he pointed his thumb down.

Also, the total number of firefighters lost in New York City on 2001 September 11 was 343 = 7x7x7, and the total of all firefighters killed in the line of duty before that in NYC history was 777. Which doesn't mean much, since most the coincidence pointing after the 9/11 attacks were about the number 11, not 7.

Let's hope something better gets worked out.
Alnitaka
Wood
Wood

Unread postby stepka » Mon 29 Sep 2008, 18:02:18

As one of my favorite co-workers used to say: "Uh uh uh, it's dat ole' man debil comin' round agin!"
stepka
Peat
Peat

Unread postby JPL » Mon 29 Sep 2008, 18:41:48

Crowley was a very influential thinker & possibly one of the founders of what later became known as the 'New Age' movement.

He spent a lot of time studying both Eastern & Western religion & tried to fuse them together in his (often mis-quoted) & seldom seen work '777'.

As regards to calling him the 'Devil' yes, well, we all have those inside us, don't we? At least Crowley was honest about his inner demons.

There is no such thing as 'Black Magic' BTW, but there are definitely too may people these days that sit inside their own circle of light & damn all others that try to step outside of it.

JP
Nothing ever happens, nothing happens at all
The needle returns to the start of the song
And we all sing along like before

Del Amitri
JPL
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Delphis » Mon 29 Sep 2008, 19:00:52

JPL wrote:
There is no such thing as 'Black Magic' BTW, but there are definitely too may people these days that sit inside their own circle of light & damn all others that try to step outside of it.

JP

Very true JPL, I didn't post it because I am a black magic believer...but the significance of the number and the odds of such a number being the close on the single biggest decline in the history of the US market really got me thinking...

I have seen a number of tin hat movies about bushie and the illuminati and such, so it hit a chord.

I suppose it could just be that we the taxpayers hit the 777 jackpot by standing up against the tyranny!

We are still here, people are driving less, we are very skeptical of anything our government says will help "us"...sounds to me like this whole mess has a silver lining after all...

D.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."....Albert Einstein
Delphis
Peat
Peat

Location: Hobbiton, but it's looking more like Mordor by the day...oh! hey Sauron, I didn't see you behind me!

Unread postby Alnitaka » Mon 29 Sep 2008, 19:05:31

It amazes me that so many people could commit financial suicide by calling their Representative and telling him or her to vote NO. They were so concerned that their tax money could be spent like that, but what about the money that vanished from their portfolios? If the money is gone, then the money is gone regardless of whether it accompanied a Form 1040 in the mail or whether it evaporated with the huge minus figures on the boards of Wall Street.
Alnitaka
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Delphis » Mon 29 Sep 2008, 19:18:08

Hmmm,

You may want to have someone take a look at your portfolio...

Don't kid yourself, there are people making a lot of money right now in the market...

Let me know if you need some recommendations...

Cheers!

D.
Delphis
Peat
Peat

Unread postby hironegro » Mon 29 Sep 2008, 19:20:24

Alnitaka wrote:It amazes me that so many people could commit financial suicide by calling their Representative and telling him or her to vote NO. They were so concerned that their tax money could be spent like that, but what about the money that vanished from their portfolios? If the money is gone, then the money is gone regardless of whether it accompanied a Form 1040 in the mail or whether it evaporated with the huge minus figures on the boards of Wall Street.

Get the sand out of your vagina. This is exactly what the fed is for. To take over money centers. We aren't going to lose our new age system of payments.
hironegro
Coal
Coal

Unread postby AgentR » Mon 29 Sep 2008, 19:35:25

meh, as long as the bad ole bankers suffer a bit of inconvenience, the people are willing to starve to death..

comforted they are.
Yes, we are. As we are.
And so shall we remain; Until the end.
AgentR
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby JPL » Mon 29 Sep 2008, 19:39:30

Delphis wrote:
JPL wrote:

JP

Very true JPL, I didn't post it because I am a black magic believer...but the significance of the number and the odds of such a number being the close on the single biggest decline in the history of the US market really got me thinking...

I have seen a number of tin hat movies about bushie and the illuminati and such, so it hit a chord.

I suppose it could just be that we the taxpayers hit the 777 jackpot by standing up against the tyranny!

We are still here, people are driving less, we are very skeptical of anything our government says will help "us"...sounds to me like this whole mess has a silver lining after all...

D.

No worries mate (grin). Crowley was a very genuine seeker after truth in his early years & I will not mention his (later) obsession with the number 666 if you won't either (grin).

Having said which, I do like his:

"Do What Thou Wilt Shall Be The Whole Of The Law."

Capable of many interpretations. Interesting, particularly in the context of what is going on at the moment. Maybe it's a Revolutionary statement? Or maybe something else. I dunno, I'm probably not clever enough to figure it all out. All thoughts welcome...

JP

Del Amitri
JPL
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby jbrovont » Mon 29 Sep 2008, 19:49:08

The individual's wealth is already gone. The bailout would have just used future tax dollars to let the people who caused this keep theirs. Blocking it keeps the future tax dollars out of their hands, and in your pocket.

It's bleak, but it's a start. Portfolios were either doomed to be consumed by falling prices, or inflation. We were picking between everyone losing, and just the little guy losing.

Alnitaka wrote:It amazes me that so many people could commit financial suicide by calling their Representative and telling him or her to vote NO. They were so concerned that their tax money could be spent like that, but what about the money that vanished from their portfolios? If the money is gone, then the money is gone regardless of whether it accompanied a Form 1040 in the mail or whether it evaporated with the huge minus figures on the boards of Wall Street.
jbrovont
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Starvid » Mon 29 Sep 2008, 19:58:02

Coincidence?

ImageImage

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law." :lol:
Peak oil is not an energy crisis. It is a liquid fuel crisis.
Starvid
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby JPL » Mon 29 Sep 2008, 21:05:46

Starvid wrote:Coincidence?

ImageImage

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law." :lol:

They both have no hair? It happens you know..

BTW here is a joke (gin). Q. What is the difference between the likes of Hank P and a Carp?

A. One is a scum-sucking bottom-feeder, the other is a type of fish.

(hell, that was supposed to be funny you know, don't all laugh at once...)

JP

Del Amitri
JPL
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Return to Economics & Finance