Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

What do you make of forced implants of microchips?

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Unread postby allenwrench » Thu 09 Oct 2008, 09:03:56

link and link

Fixed links. Please use the hyperlink function (instructions in the 'How To Get Around This Site..." thread in the Welcome Forum.) Thank you.-FL
allenwrench
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Re: What do you make of forced implants of microchips?

Unread postby TheDude » Thu 09 Oct 2008, 09:37:57

It's evil.

Cogito, ergo non satis bibivi
And let me tell you something: I dig your work.
TheDude
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Ferretlover » Thu 09 Oct 2008, 10:06:34

"What do you make of forced implants of microchips?"
I think that whoever comes up with a process to remove or nullify them will be very rich.
"Open the gates of hell!" ~Morgan Freeman's character in the movie, Olympus Has Fallen.
Ferretlover
Elite
Elite

Unread postby jlw61 » Thu 09 Oct 2008, 10:28:44

The first link talked about technology that isn't here and probably won't be for decades... PO will see that it's never implimented.

The second link is a prediction, by Senator Biden, that the Supreme Court will rule on chip implantation issues within Robert's reign. Nothing more than looking into the cornicopian viewer for a prediction of possible future events.

Yawn.
When somebody makes a statement you don't understand, don't tell him he's crazy. Ask him what he means. -- Otto Harkaman, Space Viking
jlw61
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Arsenal » Thu 09 Oct 2008, 10:31:04

Ferretlover wrote:"What do you make of forced implants of microchips?"
I think that whoever comes up with a process to remove or nullify them will be very rich.

Disposable camera flash, two or three large capacitors, switch. It won't even hurt.

RFID Zapper.
If the American people ever allow the banks to control issuance of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers occupied. T Jefferson
Arsenal
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby mmasters » Thu 09 Oct 2008, 10:35:54

Population control.
mmasters
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Arsenal » Thu 09 Oct 2008, 10:38:52

mmasters wrote:Population control.

Maybe only for the sheep.

Of course if you really want them out then jump into an MIR machine. Problem solved.
If the American people ever allow the banks to control issuance of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers occupied. T Jefferson
Arsenal
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby RonMN » Thu 09 Oct 2008, 11:07:31

Quote:
The first link talked about technology that isn't here and probably won't be for decades

WHAAA? Pets are routinely micrchipped...ALL of the top officials in the mexican gov't have either been microchipped or lost their job. You should really read the news a bit more.

Just make sure it's not implanted in your right-hand or your forehead...a book written 2000 years ago warned of such things.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes.
RonMN
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Dreamtwister » Thu 09 Oct 2008, 12:55:04

allenwrench wrote:What do you make of forced implants of microchips?

He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.
The whole of human history is a refutation by experiment of the concept of "moral world order". - Friedrich Nietzsche
Dreamtwister
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby kpeavey » Thu 09 Oct 2008, 13:01:14

In the event an implant was forced upon me, my response would not be within the bounds of the CoC to discuss. Suffice it to say that in the end I would be wanted for suspicion of criminal action. I am not alone in my thinking that this is a yoke under which I will not live.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--for ever."
-George Orwell, 1984
_____

twenty centuries of stony sleep were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle, and what rough beast, its hour come round at last, slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
-George Yeats
kpeavey
Expert
Expert

Unread postby MacG » Thu 09 Oct 2008, 14:09:36

Bloody paranoia all of it.

* The RFID tech was designed by Philips in the 1970s, intended for benevolent environments like tracking products in manufacturing plants.

* No aspects of "security" were considered during the design process.

* It works on stupid animals, but that's about it.

It is VERY easy to imagine what would happen if these thingies were implemented for any application involving "security":

On day 1, every criminal worth his weight in crowbars will be immersed in an experience close resembling a geyser of true joy! The concept of "identity theft" will go orbital when they can read chips from meters away and clone them within seconds - phew!

Any piercing studio worth their weight in barbells will also remove any stuff from under the skin in less than one minute. Guess they will have timed competitions on the tat&piercing fairs.
MacG
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby skeptik » Thu 09 Oct 2008, 14:18:47

Illegal under UK law. It would count as 'Grievous Bodily Harm'. The perp would end up in jail for 5 years.
skeptik
Coal
Coal

Unread postby Ludi » Thu 09 Oct 2008, 14:29:58

kpeavey wrote:In the event an implant was forced upon me, my response would not be within the bounds of the CoC to discuss. Suffice it to say that in the end I would be wanted for suspicion of criminal action. I am not alone in my thinking that this is a yoke under which I will not live.

100% agree.
Ludi

Unread postby Dreamtwister » Thu 09 Oct 2008, 14:35:16

MacG wrote:It is VERY easy to imagine what would happen if these thingies were implemented for any application involving "security":

On day 1, every criminal worth his weight in crowbars will be immersed in an experience close resembling a geyser of true joy! The concept of "identity theft" will go orbital when they can read chips from meters away and clone them within seconds - phew!

Oh, you mean like what happened when the Mythbusters tried to expose the security flaws in RFID credit cards, and the banks and credit card companies came down on them like a ton of bricks?

Well lets hope nobody else tries to use RFID for critical security purposes like passports.

Despite the security flaws, the rollout continues. They are already talking about implanting ex-cons "for the public's safety" and children "for their protection".
The whole of human history is a refutation by experiment of the concept of "moral world order". - Friedrich Nietzsche
Dreamtwister
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Gebari » Thu 09 Oct 2008, 14:36:38

skeptik wrote:

Illegal under UK law. It would count as 'Grievous Bodily Harm'. The perp would end up in jail for 5 years.

If our Stazi government thought they could get away doing it they probably would, to be fair. They are intending to implement RFID on the propsed ID cards though.
Gebari
Peat
Peat

Unread postby allenwrench » Thu 09 Oct 2008, 14:48:40

jlw61 wrote:The first link talked about technology that isn't here and probably won't be for decades... PO will see that it's never implimented.

The second link is a prediction, by Senator Biden, that the Supreme Court will rule on chip implantation issues within Robert's reign. Nothing more than looking into the cornicopian viewer for a prediction of possible future events.

Yawn.

Yawn?????

Doesn't it even bother you that we need to have this discussion about our gov?

No wonder things have turned out as they have...I guess everyone must be yawning in America.
allenwrench
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby RonMN » Thu 09 Oct 2008, 18:03:47

kpeavey Wrote:
Suffice it to say that in the end I would be wanted for suspicion of criminal action. I am not alone in my thinking that this is a yoke under which I will not live.

Absolutely agreed!!!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes.
RonMN
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Return to North America Discussion