Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Canada's Banks Rated Safest In World

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Canada's Banks Rated Safest In World

Unread postby deMolay » Thu 09 Oct 2008, 13:08:15

"We Are All Travellers, From The Sweet Grass To The Packing House, From Birth To Death, We Wander Between The Two Eternities". An Old Cowboy.
deMolay
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: Canada's Banks Rated Safest In World

Unread postby DaleFromCalgary » Thu 09 Oct 2008, 13:12:39

True, but the backwash from the Panic of 2008 is slopping over into Canada. All those who bought on leverage have not yet finished unloading at any price in order to cover their margins.

My suspicion is that we will see Dow Jones at 8,000 before we see it at 11,000.
DaleFromCalgary
Peat
Peat

Re: Canada's Banks Rated Safest In World

Unread postby deMolay » Thu 09 Oct 2008, 13:22:23

I completely agree Dale. We will be seriously side swiped by the unfolding events in the world. But at least it is somewhat reassuring to know that our banks are relatively safe. And the safest Bank in the World based on this report is the Alberta Treasury Branch. Because the ATB 100% guarantees all deposits regardless of size. 100% backed by all the resources of the Province of Alberta. And make no mistake we are only at the beginning of this world changing event. In my opinion this calamity is a direct result of Peak Oil. And it will never go away but will increase as we go further along the trail. The days of cheap energy are over. The descent has begun.
"We Are All Travellers, From The Sweet Grass To The Packing House, From Birth To Death, We Wander Between The Two Eternities". An Old Cowboy.
deMolay
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Return to Economics & Finance