No votes
five
40%

Total votes : 5

A Totally New Thread

Unread postby MrBill » Fri 10 Oct 2008, 09:40:59

[align=center]Image[/align]
[align=center]A New Idea[/align]
Why bother to read what others post? Just start your own post everyday. Don't bother to find out if someone else has already started a similiar thread. Just duplicate it. That way any important discussions about post peak oil resource depletion can be pushed off the front page to where no one - especially not new visitors - will ever find them. This will help increase their knowledge of resource depletion issues by zero. Instead they can read dozens of similiar threads about more or less unrelated subjects to peak oil. And that is our mission, right? Remember looking for solutions is for sissies. Complaining is much more fun. It sure beats thinking!
The organized state is a wonderful invention whereby everyone can live at someone else's expense.
MrBill
Expert
Expert

Re: A Totally New Thread

Unread postby IslandCrow » Fri 10 Oct 2008, 10:10:52

MrBill wrote: Don't bother to find out if someone else has already started a similiar thread. Just duplicate it.

You are sounding just like Pops about duplicating threads. You just need to add "What are you doing?"

BTW without checking I probably start a thread every 6 months or so (Please nobody check me out to prove that I have a failing memory)
We should teach our children the 4-Rs: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and Rejoice.
IslandCrow
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby MrBill » Fri 10 Oct 2008, 10:14:22

Why did you post your reply in this thread? More people might see it if you started your own thread instead. The whole front page has been created since, umm, yesterday. By Monday I expect this thread to be buried on at least page 3.
The organized state is a wonderful invention whereby everyone can live at someone else's expense.
MrBill
Expert
Expert

Unread postby allmeyer » Fri 10 Oct 2008, 10:20:53

I have never started a thread. So myaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
allmeyer
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Arsenal » Fri 10 Oct 2008, 10:23:47

You have a very good point MrBill. I haven't started a thread yet and if I have an idea, I can find a related thread 99% of the time. Maybe we should switch to a thread submission rather than anyone with a login account. That way the mods can approve or point the new user to the old thread.
If the American people ever allow the banks to control issuance of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers occupied. T Jefferson
Arsenal
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby IslandCrow » Fri 10 Oct 2008, 10:26:02

Sorry MrBill I must have got distracted by the way the market is jumping up and down,,,

I MUST START MY OWN THREAD EVERY TWO HOURS
I MUST START MY OWN THREAD EVERY TWO HOURS :twisted:
We should teach our children the 4-Rs: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and Rejoice.
IslandCrow
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby MrBill » Fri 10 Oct 2008, 10:26:15

It's easy. It hardly takes any brains whatsoever! Why not start a new thread on bail-outs?
MrBill
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Jotapay » Fri 10 Oct 2008, 10:27:17

20% of the population contribute 80% of the effect.....
Jotapay
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby MrBill » Fri 10 Oct 2008, 10:29:51

Reuters: Bush says, "U.S. government is acting. Will continue to act."

I guess we always knew it wasn't a real government, and that they were acting all along!
MrBill
Expert
Expert

Unread postby MrBill » Fri 10 Oct 2008, 10:37:12

Hogan wrote:What the hell does this thread have to do with finance? Please post in the appropriate sub-forum next time. Thanks in advance!

I used the words post peak oil resource depletion in my original post, so officially I am covered. I also cleverly embedded real numbers like one, two, three, four and five in my poll even though I disguised them by using letters. Try doing any sort of finance without using 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5. It is very difficult. It is kind of like ReverseEngineer dividing big numbers by zero and getting zero instead of infinity.
MrBill
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Bas » Fri 10 Oct 2008, 10:41:55

MrBill wrote:Reuters: Bush says, "U.S. government is acting. Will continue to act."

I guess we always knew it wasn't a real government, and that they were acting all along!

all the world's a stage...
Bas

Unread postby MrBill » Fri 10 Oct 2008, 10:52:38

Hey Bas, long time no see. How are you?
MrBill
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Bas » Fri 10 Oct 2008, 10:57:52

MrBill wrote:Hey Bas, long time no see. How are you?

Trying to relax :) maybe I should be merging some threads though...
Bas

Unread postby CamelJockey » Fri 10 Oct 2008, 11:09:53

bump :lol:
CamelJockey
Wood
Wood

Unread postby mos6507 » Fri 10 Oct 2008, 11:12:09

How many unique concepts are there with peakoil? Everything that can be discussed has been discussed for years here. That's why the threads here have 100+ pages worth of posts. Even within these threads that go back for years, the same sub-ideas get tossed around again and again like an echo chamber. Everything starts to feel like dejavu. It's even hard to come up with an original thought that you didn't already think about in the past, but perhaps forgot. That's the problem with peak oil and overshoot. There really are no answers and we are just stuck banging our head against the wall.
mos6507

Unread postby Grifter » Fri 10 Oct 2008, 11:15:36

I start a new thread less than once a day. Hell, less than once a month! I can't remember the last time I started a thread. If everyone was like me there'd be NO THREADS AT ALL.
Grifter
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby eastbay » Fri 10 Oct 2008, 11:17:46

Grifter wrote:I start a new thread less than once a day. Hell, less than once a month! I can't remember the last time I started a thread. If everyone was like me there'd be NO THREADS AT ALL.

Me too. It's a very rare day indeed when I actually start a thread.

Moved to Open Discussion by Eastbay
Got Dharma?

Everything is Impermanent. Shakyamuni Buddha
eastbay
Expert
Expert

Unread postby MrBill » Fri 10 Oct 2008, 11:23:57

Why the Open Forum? I am specifically trying to cut down on the many duplicate posts in [s]Depletion Economics[/s] er, Economics and Finance? Bloody Communists! They expropriated my thread! ; - ))
MrBill
Expert
Expert

Unread postby eastbay » Fri 10 Oct 2008, 11:31:40

MrBill wrote:Why the Open Forum? I am specifically trying to cut down on the many duplicate posts in [s]Depletion Economics[/s] er, Economics and Finance? Bloody Communists! They expropriated my thread! ; - ))

The revolution has started. Right here. Right now. Lock and load time people :-D
Got Dharma?

Everything is Impermanent. Shakyamuni Buddha
eastbay
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to Economics & Finance