Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

World Bank Under Cyber Siege in 'Unprecedented Crisis'

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

World Bank Under Cyber Siege in 'Unprecedented Crisis'

Unread postby Sixstrings » Fri 10 Oct 2008, 21:28:18

The World Bank Group's computer network — one of the largest repositories of sensitive data about the economies of every nation — has been raided repeatedly by outsiders for more than a year, FOX News has learned.

It is still not known how much information was stolen. But sources inside the bank confirm that servers in the institution's highly-restricted treasury unit were deeply penetrated with spy software last April. Invaders also had full access to the rest of the bank's network for nearly a month in June and July.

In a frantic midnight e-mail to colleagues, the bank's senior technology manager referred to the situation as an "unprecedented crisis." In fact, it may be the worst security breach ever at a global financial institution. And it has left bank officials scrambling to try to understand the nature of the year-long cyber-assault, while also trying to keep the news from leaking to the public.

link

Holy cow, I can't sort the tinfoil from the main stream news anymore. :( This sounds spooky, what do you guys think?
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Re: World Bank Under Cyber Siege in 'Unprecedented Crisis'

Unread postby Sixstrings » Fri 10 Oct 2008, 21:36:21

Yeah, I forgot to link the story on the first post. :/
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby IndigoMoon » Fri 10 Oct 2008, 21:48:43

Sixstrings wrote:Holy cow, I can't sort the tinfoil from the main stream news anymore. :( This sounds spooky, what do you guys think?

Almost makes one wonder just how intentional the confusion is.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, and speak kindly.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass;
It's about learning how to dance in the rain.
IndigoMoon
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby americandream » Sat 11 Oct 2008, 00:26:22

Sounds to me like free marketeers are trying to fob this bailout debacle on, wait for it, "terrrrrrrrooooooriiiiiissssssstttttttsssss"!!!!!!!
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Blueberry » Sat 11 Oct 2008, 01:47:53

Well, we obviously need the NWO to step in and save us, Pronto! :lol:

Oh, FOX cracks me up -- too bad they're so darn evil.
Summertime, and the livin' is easy...
Blueberry
Peat
Peat

Unread postby jupiters_release » Sat 11 Oct 2008, 02:01:09

The art of the inside job.

The origin of the enemy is never recognized as within, people's psyche will starve if they realize the apple's core is rotten. The GMO diet helps cure glimpses of consciousness from spreading. Policy makers are quite stupid on a religious or quantum level, but very sophisticated regarding machiavellian politics.
jupiters_release
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby jbrovont » Sat 11 Oct 2008, 02:02:33

I can just hear the spin job now: Oh, everything would have been ok except for that ONE guy stealing $30 trillion dollars! [except we don't know where he hid it. Oh well.

(Then Dr. Evil puts his pinky in his mouth and tanks roll down the streets)
jbrovont
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Concerned » Sat 11 Oct 2008, 03:45:27

jbrovont wrote:I can just hear the spin job now: Oh, everything would have been ok except for that ONE guy stealing $30 trillion dollars! [except we don't know where he hid it. Oh well.

(Then Dr. Evil puts his pinky in his mouth and tanks roll down the streets)

He's in Northern Pakistan. Has re-grouped has a gotten himself a degree in "hacking" it's "Super Osama"

You're with us or against us, time to bomb bomb bomb someone...
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."
-Italian Proverb
Concerned
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby jbrovont » Sat 11 Oct 2008, 04:05:06

First we had Osama. Then, Bride of Osama (that big fat dude with the nasty 'stash in Iraq). Now...get ready for SEED of OSAMA!

Hahaha Let's Play!

jbrovont
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby miles392 » Sat 11 Oct 2008, 09:03:36

Well if this story is true it's obviously very disturbing to say the least, what do you think is the maximum damage that could be accomplished by attaining all this data? Could you crash the global banking systems? I'm starting to think that's what they want, a clean start. Then they can blame it all on some anonymous hackers that's probably chinese (hint hint). If this is true it would seem they would start rolling the ball this weekend or beginning of next week. Hopefully I'm just being paranoid though....
miles392
Peat
Peat

Unread postby ypct_george » Sat 11 Oct 2008, 19:10:57

miles392 wrote:Well if this story is true it's obviously very disturbing to say the least, what do you think is the maximum damage that could be accomplished by attaining all this data?

Well, World Bank being a nation subversion tool, the Chinese could probably use the stolen data to learn how to properly subvert Tibet, Taiwan and similar countries. (sarcasm intended)

We don't know what happened, what data WB has that are secret, and which of this data was actually stolen.

We don't even know if it were Chinese, or some other hackers that used some hacked machines in China to hack the World Bank, or if it is completely made up, or a false flag.

As the (possible) smoking gun in the current financial crisis (an indicationon that is was planned), I consider this article.
observe your thoughts
ypct_george
Wood
Wood

Unread postby dissident » Sun 12 Oct 2008, 11:09:59

"spy software" sounds like the morons are using M$ Winblows and have the automatic execution of e-mail attachments enabled or fell for some scam. Big organizations just love their Winblows because it is backed by the quality and reliability of a multi billion dollar company. They get what they deserve.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby ypct_george » Sun 12 Oct 2008, 15:11:16

dissident wrote:"spy software" sounds like the morons are using M$ Winblows and have the automatic execution of e-mail attachments enabled or fell for some scam. Big organizations just love their Winblows because it is backed by the quality and reliability of a multi billion dollar company. They get what they deserve.

Or they use security equipment made in ... China.
observe your thoughts
ypct_george
Wood
Wood

Unread postby StuckInPhilly » Sun 12 Oct 2008, 15:31:46

americandream wrote:Sounds to me like free marketeers are trying to fob this bailout debacle on, wait for it, "terrrrrrrrooooooriiiiiissssssstttttttsssss"!!!!!!!

+1
“In the Soviet Union, capitalism triumphed over communism. In this country, capitalism triumphed over democracy.”
[Fran Lebowitz
StuckInPhilly
Peat
Peat

Return to Economics & Finance