Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Global Resource Corp

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Global Resource Corp

Unread postby sciencegirl » Mon 27 Oct 2008, 17:28:51

Has anyone heard of this company called Global Resource corp.

Webpage:http://www.globalresourcecorp.com/index.asp

They claim they have machines that can turn oil shale into natural gas and oil, by using microwave technology (in a vacuum)

Is this legit ?

Sorry if it has been covered previously. I tried looking for older articles but came up with nothing. :shock:
We are the Borg. Resistance is futile. Your culture will adapt to service ours. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.
sciencegirl
Lignite
Lignite

Re: Global Resource Corp

Unread postby sciencegirl » Mon 27 Oct 2008, 17:38:45

Oh--- the company also says that the process requires NO WATER. Apparently they can also turn tires into natural gas and oil. 8O
We are the Borg. Resistance is futile. Your culture will adapt to service ours. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.
sciencegirl
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby mrobert » Mon 27 Oct 2008, 18:03:12

At this rate they will soon be able to turn thin air into gas :)
mrobert
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby steam_cannon » Mon 27 Oct 2008, 18:32:01

sciencegirl wrote:They claim they have machines that can turn oil shale into natural gas
and oil, by using microwave technology (in a vacuum)

Is this legit ?
I'm sure it is legit and it looks like a technology to keep an eye on.
If this is implemented on a large scale, this technology will still
require mining, shipping, creates waste, requires producing a vacuum
and a good bit of energy. It's not a free lunch, but it looks like an
improvement over other technologies.

Link: http://www.globalresourcecorp.com/Prototype.asp
steam_cannon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby sciencegirl » Tue 28 Oct 2008, 09:31:59

Does anyone know the EROEI of this technology ???
sciencegirl
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby steam_cannon » Tue 28 Oct 2008, 13:08:54

sciencegirl wrote:Does anyone know the EROEI of this technology ???
I didn't see it listed so it's probably not mind blowing, I would
imagine it would be similar to other oil shale technologies with the
added advantage of being applicable to areas poor in water
resources, which would be a big improvement over existing technologies.

A ball park guesstimate...
wiki wrote:A critical measure of the viability of oil shale as an energy source lies in the ratio of the energy produced by the shale to the energy used in its mining and processing, a ratio known as "Energy Returned on Energy Invested" (EROEI). A 1984 study estimated the EROEI of the various known oil shale deposits as varying between 0.7–13.3[65] although known oil shale extraction development projects assert an EROI between 3 to 10. Royal Dutch Shell has reported an EROEI of three to four on its in situ development, Mahogany Research Project.[57][66][67] The water needed in the oil shale retorting process offers an additional economic consideration: this may pose a problem in areas with water scarcity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_shale
steam_cannon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby sciencegirl » Tue 28 Oct 2008, 17:29:54

Thank you SteamCannon. We appreciate your knowledge. I have sources telling me that this company is supposed to be the next big thing and that the stock is going to go through the roof. We will see. I wrote the company for more information anyways. If they mail me back I will come back and post the EROEI for all of you.
sciencegirl
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby mos6507 » Tue 28 Oct 2008, 19:45:49

I've heard about the tires to oil thing. I really don't think the EROEI is very good, but if it's bigger than corn ethanol it will probably be done.
mos6507

Unread postby sciencegirl » Wed 29 Oct 2008, 09:56:15

Well I guess Eric Swain Senior Vice President at Morgan Stanley quit his job to become CEO of Global Resource Corp. (and took a big paycut to do it)

I wonder why somebody that powerful would do that if their was not a huge potential for this company.

I am still waiting for the company to send me the EROEI for their oil shale application. If they ever do. :cry:
sciencegirl
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby sciencegirl » Fri 31 Oct 2008, 09:06:33

Here is a U-tube clip of turning tires to oil/natural gas and steel for those interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIBKh5VNKHQ
sciencegirl
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Snik » Fri 31 Oct 2008, 13:56:50

sciencegirl wrote:Well I guess Eric Swain Senior Vice President at Morgan Stanley quit his job to become CEO of Global Resource Corp. (and took a big paycut to do it)

I wonder why somebody that powerful would do that if their was not a huge potential for this company.

The way those companies have been doing lately it might have been a choice between being unemployed or taking a "pay cut". ;)
Snik
Peat
Peat

USPTO Office Action for Global Resource Corp

Unread postby Inventor » Wed 17 Dec 2008, 22:21:31

The USPTO has issued an Office Action for Global Resource Corp patent application 11/610,823

Instead of being threatened with a lawsuit for commenting, why don't you investors read the Office Action for yourself. Go to
http://portal.uspto.gov/external/portal/pair Type in the verification
code, then type in 11/610,823 Under "Image File Wrapper" will be the six page Office Action.

Why do investors invest in patent pending when there are plenty of patented technologies in need of financing?

Yes GRC does have a 'Magic Box' for sale!!!
Inventor
Wood
Wood

USPTO Office Action for Global Resource Corp

Unread postby Inventor » Wed 17 Dec 2008, 22:21:58

The USPTO has issued an Office Action for Global Resource Corp patent application 11/610,823

Instead of being threatened with a lawsuit for commenting, why don't you investors read the Office Action for yourself. Go to
http://portal.uspto.gov/external/portal/pair Type in the verification
code, then type in 11/610,823 Under "Image File Wrapper" will be the six page Office Action.

Why do investors invest in patent pending when there are plenty of patented technologies in need of financing?

Yes GRC does have a 'Magic Box' for sale!!!
Inventor
Wood
Wood

Return to Peak Oil Discussion