Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Cramer's 100 day Plan

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Cramer's 100 day Plan

Unread postby AlexdeLarge » Wed 05 Nov 2008, 23:55:32

Just a couple of key points:

First...........open the doors wide to immigration.

Next........let the government buy up all these excess houses around the country and give them away with low interest rate loans and minimum down payment.

So lets see....sneak across the border, get a house!

Booya.........................................

Its a Mad Mad World !!
Viddy well, little brother. Viddy well.
AlexdeLarge
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Re: Cramer's 100 day Plan

Unread postby Jotapay » Wed 05 Nov 2008, 23:59:31

AlexdeLarge wrote:Its a Mad Mad World !!

You mean like this one?

Gary Jules - Mad World
Jotapay
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby GeneralGreen » Thu 06 Nov 2008, 05:29:27

AlexdeLarge wrote:Just a couple of key points:

Next........let the government buy up all these excess houses around the country and give them away with low interest rate loans and minimum down payment.

Its a Mad Mad World !!

First- won't surprise me..Maybe Obama will invite all the Nigerians into the USA..and give all illegals citizenship.
2nd-Hnmm so the govermenet will be stuck with worthless suberbian homes...hnmm good idea for a post peak oil investment :roll:
GeneralGreen
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Golgo13 » Thu 06 Nov 2008, 09:36:23

Cramer said we have enough natural gas to last "until the end of days".

He obviously doesn't know what he's talking about. We're already looking at a crisis in natural gas as is, much less if you factor in the explosive growth that would occur if you got the auto fleet on natural gas.
Golgo13
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Fishman » Thu 06 Nov 2008, 09:53:53

Alex
We'll need them for troops. Biden's predictions of a Obama test are already moving quickly. The Russians are moving missles near Poland and their new president essentially told our new elect "I expect you to kiss my asp"
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081106/ap_ ... edvedev_16
Zardoz, if you are out there, will the fall of Eastern Europe in the first year of the Obama administration reflect poorly on him?
Fishman
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby emersonbiggins » Thu 06 Nov 2008, 12:09:03

Its a Mad Mad World !!

Already happened, at the height of the bubble.

Immigrant vegetable pickers, making $15k/yr ea., take out $720,000 mortgage

Impossible loan turns dream home into nightmare

Carol Lloyd

Sunday, April 15, 2007

It's not that they bought a house with walls crawling with toxic mold or inherited an insane neighbor next door or even, God forbid, that they didn't buy at all. They bought, and they love their slice of the American Dream.

"It's all very nice and beautiful," Rosa tells me through a translator. "The neighborhood is very peaceful. The problem is not with the house at all. It's the price of the house."

Indeed, in a different era (when housing prices were lower), their story might have been one of those bootstrap tales about homeownership transforming immigrant lives. The husband and wife work as strawberry pickers in the fields around Watsonville, and each earns about $300 a week. They have three children. Not only did they dream the impossible dream, they managed to finance it.

It all began when they were talking to another family about escaping their subsidized apartments and getting a real house. The other couple -- Jesus Martinez and his wife, who also have three children -- work as mushroom farmers, earning about $500 a week each when there is work. The two couples decided to pool their resources and begin house hunting.

Given their total income, they estimated that they could afford payments of $3,000 a month. They spotted an ad in the local magazine La Ganga for Maria Avila of Rancho Grande Real Estate and called her.

"We wanted to live in Watsonville," says Rosa. "But (the real estate agent) said the houses there were older and more expensive." One of the first homes they were shown was a four-bedroom, two-bath house in Hollister (San Benito County) for $720,000. When the Ramirezes heard the price, they worried that they couldn't afford it. But the couple say they were assured it was possible.

"The monthly payment was supposed to be $4,800, but then, after we bought it, it went up to $5,378," says Rosa, speaking of their zero-down mortgage with a one-month "teaser rate." "Our agent told us that once we refinanced, we could get the payments down to $3,000 or less."

Of course, for this to work, it would take 8-12 people (not necessarily family, either) willing to live together in one house. Good luck with that!
"It's called the American Dream because you'd have to be asleep to believe it."

George Carlin
emersonbiggins
Expert
Expert

Unread postby frankthetank » Thu 06 Nov 2008, 12:27:44

A stripper in Minneapolis bought 10 houses and she was in her early 20s...

Cramer is the last person in the world i'd listen to about anything. The guy is filthy rich and i think his job is to try to sway the masses so then the big boys can swoop in and pile drive the little guys you know where as hard as possible.
lawns should be outlawed.
frankthetank
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Eli » Thu 06 Nov 2008, 12:37:23

Yeah, Cramer is a pos.

His plan is cover over the fraud with even more fraud.

Let the doors wide open for immigration just has the job market is collapsing. This would only serve to compound the pain and make things much worse.
Eli
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby emersonbiggins » Thu 06 Nov 2008, 13:12:15

Eli wrote:Yeah, Cramer is a pos.

His plan is cover over the fraud with even more fraud.

Let the doors wide open for immigration just has the job market is collapsing. This would only serve to compound the pain and make things much worse.

Exactly. Though Cramer will probably get his wish, from uninvited guests fleeing the collapse of Cantarell, I seriously doubt that an economic recovery is in the cards based on that synopsis.
"It's called the American Dream because you'd have to be asleep to believe it."

George Carlin
emersonbiggins
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Falconoffury » Thu 06 Nov 2008, 17:40:15

We have about 10 months in a row of job losses. Where does Cramer think these immigrants are going to find work?

$500 a week per person is not bad at all unless you are putting in crazy overtime hours, assuming you live modestly. They should have rented and saved.
"If humans don't control their numbers, nature will." -Pimentel
"There is not enough trash to go around for everyone," said Banrel, one of the participants in the cattle massacre.
"Bush, Bush, listen well: Two shoes on your head," the protesters chant
Falconoffury
Expert
Expert

Unread postby SweetSmellofMoney » Fri 07 Nov 2008, 11:52:12

Falconoffury wrote:

We have about 10 months in a row of job losses. Where does Cramer think these immigrants are going to find work?

$500 a week per person is not bad at all unless you are putting in crazy overtime hours, assuming you live modestly. They should have rented and saved.

It is impossible to stop the migration into America no matter what anybody may think.

Somewhere inbetween right and wrong as the Iran-Contra Guns for Drug has proven, where guns were sold abroad to rogue nations and drug were sold to the unsuspecting youth of America!

Indeed we have found that not all is as the propaganda has proven, while Mrs. Nancy Reagan touted "Just say no!"

So we are right back around full circle and the only way out is to forge forward and not in our circular thinking!

Believe me when I say, if anyone understands the immigration problems in America the Native Americans do!

So if we really wanted to look for the solution why not ask them what they think!

“Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it.”

Henry David Thoreau

So it may seem at any given time that we are ruling ourselves but in reality the very nature is our governor.

Regards

PS.

I started a Puzzler Thread on off topic!

GL
SweetSmellofMoney
Wood
Wood

Unread postby pup55 » Fri 07 Nov 2008, 13:06:01

What Cramer is not saying is what has been obvious to demographers for decades--the reproduction rate in the US is not sufficiently high to generate enough economic growth (provide enough consumers), plus, importantly, allow the society to take care of its older members, particularly since they are retiring at 55 and fit long enough to play tennis and golf up into their 80's.

Of course, as Bartlett and others point out, the bigger the population, the more immigrants/babies you have to have coming in at the bottom to deal with the costs. But, silly humans, no one thinks about that. Not enough people coming in at the bottom of the pyramid.

I hope at some point we start to attract people that understand math, who will think of a different strategy.

Also did I say that social security is dead?
pup55
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Falconoffury » Fri 07 Nov 2008, 14:20:55

SweetSmellofMoney wrote:It is impossible to stop the migration into America no matter what anybody may think.

Unless America becomes just as shitty as most of the world, which could happen one day.

Immigrants will have a tough time finding jobs, already making America far less attractive.
"If humans don't control their numbers, nature will." -Pimentel
"There is not enough trash to go around for everyone," said Banrel, one of the participants in the cattle massacre.
"Bush, Bush, listen well: Two shoes on your head," the protesters chant
Falconoffury
Expert
Expert

Unread postby hironegro » Fri 07 Nov 2008, 16:02:25

GeneralGreen wrote:

Its a Mad Mad World !!

First- won't surprise me..Maybe Obama will invite all the Nigerians into the USA..and give all illegals citizenship.
2nd-Hnmm so the govermenet will be stuck with worthless suberbian homes...hnmm good idea for a post peak oil investment :roll:

Yes, because Nigeria is right next to Kenya. Oh I forgot blackies all look the same!
hironegro
Coal
Coal

Unread postby SweetSmellofMoney » Fri 07 Nov 2008, 23:36:52

Yes, because Nigeria is right next to Kenya. Oh I forgot blackies all look the same![/quote]

Sir,

This quote should send you on your way!

“Stupidity is better kept a secret than displayed”

Heraclitus of Ephesus
SweetSmellofMoney
Wood
Wood

Unread postby cube » Sat 08 Nov 2008, 03:39:31

frankthetank wrote:A stripper in Minneapolis bought 10 houses and she was in her early 20s...

Cramer is the last person in the world i'd listen to about anything. The guy is filthy rich and i think his job is to try to sway the masses so then the big boys can swoop in and pile drive the little guys you know where as hard as possible.
There's one member on this board who actually has a lot of respect for Cramer. I forgot his name.
cube
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Return to Economics & Finance