Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Food Imports From China (merged)

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Food Imports From China (merged)

Unread postby UltraViciousBudgie » Sat 15 Nov 2008, 02:24:24

Ludi wrote:Wow! That is fantastic news!. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Oh, never mind. Read the article, and apparently all the companies need to do is certify their products contain no melamine. "Our products contain no melamine." There. All done.

I too had my hopes up when seeing the misleading headline. Too bad.

Another product to watch out for is apple juice. Most of it these days has concentrate from China. Origin is usually written in small laser-printed letters on the container. The only ones in my area that don't contain Chinese concentrate are the expensive organic or the 2 pack of half-gallon Tree Top from Costco. The smaller size Tree Top at the store has Chinese concentrate.

I mention this because a lot of parents give their children apple juice.
The birds shall re-inherit the earth.

"All crows under heaven are black."
UltraViciousBudgie
Peat
Peat

Re: US Bans Food Imports From China

Unread postby mrobert » Sat 15 Nov 2008, 05:42:44

I doublecheck everything when it comes to food, and if it's even close to having the same zip code as China, I won't buy it.

Either pay more for something else, or don't buy ... God knows what those communist pricks put in the food they export.
mrobert
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby the48thronin » Sat 15 Nov 2008, 14:00:20

Care to guess what percentage of sea food sold in the USA ( both grocery store and restaurant sales) is sea food raised in polluted Asian ponds etc?

And then there is the Chinese miracle method of cutting chicken.

The Chinese bought up most of the chicken houses in my area, and after killing plucking and gutting, the chicken was packed into containers under ice to ship to Asia for cutting into individual portions.

There are laws preventing the sale of Asian chicken meat in the USA.

BUT there seems to be no law preventing American house raised chickens from being shipped to Asia for cutting and packaging even tho the ratio of whole chicken to individual packaged cut parts seems to miraculously show Asian chicken cutters not only have less loss in cutting, but the chicken can actually gain weight over uncut chicken... HMMM

No one at the FDA seems interested in tracking weights.. the cut packaged chicken is sold raised in USA USDA inspected..

After all no American was interested in jobs cutting and packaging chicken for $200 a month.

Makes you want to run right down to wally world and ask where that orange roughy on sale is from. My wife did after talking to me, we ate deer that week end.
Malthusian Riders Member!

Courtesy and Courage Sincerity and Self-control Honor and Loyalty a Code to Live By!
What do the miners do when the canary dies? EVACUATE THE MINE not argue about the color of it's feathers or buy a parrot instead.

Where is my pitchfork and torch? I need them for a visit to the castle!
the48thronin
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby idiom » Sun 16 Nov 2008, 14:53:01

Hermes wrote:Crap.

Now where am I going to get my cheese?

Is made from the milk of a Bull.
The world ends without a tragedy,Time is melting into history
The sky is falling, Voices crying out in desperation
Hear them calling, Everybody, save yourself
idiom