Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

ASX listing metal ETF's

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

ASX listing metal ETF's

Unread postby Micki » Thu 20 Nov 2008, 20:22:32

ASX will be listing ETF's for Silver, Palladium, Platinum and a metals basket next month !!!!!
(Gold already exists; ASX:GOLD)

Just read the fine print before investing to ensure they don't use your metal for leasing out and shorting the market.

FNArena
Micki

Re: ASX listing metal ETF's

Unread postby Micki » Mon 01 Dec 2008, 20:11:18

Haven't found information on the ASX codes for the Precious Metal ETF's planned to open this month but this article sure make them sound good.

The new ETCs that will be available to investors from December 2008 are the ETFS Physical Platinum, ETFS Physical Palladium, ETFS Physical Silver, and the ETFS Physical PM Basket, which comprises an allocation of each metal as well as gold.

ETF Securities has also acquired 100 per cent of the existing ASX listed gold ETC.

"What is unique about the products is they are actually backed by physical, allocated bullion," ETF Securities representative Hector McNeil said.

"It means... it is not a credit risk against another organisation... it is your metal held in a vault and we actually publish every bar number on our website," he said.

Buying one unit in an ETC will translate into owning one tenth of an ounce of gold, platinum or palladium, or an ounce of silver depending on which commodity the investor selects.

Based on this allocation the investor can, if he or she owns sufficient units, physically redeem their metal if so desired.

investordaily

I think I read somewhere there will even be separate short etf's where you can speculate in a falling price.
I am guessing they must have some inventory that they can lend out for for shorting purposes.
Micki

Return to Australia & New Zealand Discussion