Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

America.

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

America.

Unread postby Rogozhin » Sat 29 Nov 2008, 03:12:12

America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

HST

I've been posting Hegelian propositions on a gun forum and they eat it up without milk.

Thank god for heaven and manna. :-D
Rogo
"Those who long for exaltation look upwards, but I look downward for I am the exalted."

Thus Spake Zarathustra
Rogozhin
Lignite
Lignite

Re: America.

Unread postby ReverseEngineer » Sat 29 Nov 2008, 03:37:41

Rogozhin wrote:
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.
HST
I've been posting Hegelian propositions on a gun forum and they eat it up without milk.
Thank god for heaven and manna. :-D

The Good Doctor as we all know blew his brains out in February of 2005. He left this suicide note, entitled "The Football Game is Over":
"No More Games. No More Bombs. No More Walking. No More Fun. No More Swimming. 67. That is 17 years past 50. 17 more than I needed or wanted. Boring. I am always bitchy. No Fun -- for anybody. 67. You are getting Greedy. Act your old age. Relax -- This won't hurt."

Hunter burned the candle brightly living through and writing about the profund greed in our society from the 1950s through the 1980s. You have to understand the irony of what he wrote, it was all about the self-hatred he had for the culture he was immersed in. Anyhow, its too bad he missed this show, it might have inspired him to write again.

I'll leave with this quote from the King of Gonzo
In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity.

Reverse Engineer
ReverseEngineer
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 29 Nov 2008, 12:49:30

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America."

~William J. Clinton
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Sixstrings » Sat 29 Nov 2008, 15:39:33

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." ~William J. Clinton

Yeah, and a few shady contributions to your presidiential libraray can't hurt either. Oh, and the company of young women, add that to the list. ;)
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 29 Nov 2008, 19:05:13

Sixstrings wrote:
"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." ~William J. Clinton
the company of young women, add that to the list. ;)

Agreed!----American women are definitely one of the best things about America. :)
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby misterno » Sun 30 Nov 2008, 00:08:41

ah ah that mouth reminds me good memories :)
misterno
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Return to North America Discussion