Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Santa goes on a killing spree

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Santa goes on a killing spree

Unread postby smallpoxgirl » Thu 25 Dec 2008, 16:00:59

link

Inside sources state that the elderly elf had seen financial troubles because of high prices of raw materials earlier in the year followed by lax demand for consumer goods around Christmas. "He decided back in June to lock in a price of lumps of coal for naughty children. He was really smarting once the price dropped 75%", said a source close to Santa. His bid for assistance from the federal government was reportedly rebuffed. He was informed that because his North Pole Enterprises is a 501c3, it could not qualify as a bank holding company and therefore could not receive assistance under the TARP plan. "The final straw" said an anonymous source, "was finding out that his financial adviser had invested a 'substantial portion' of the North Pole Children's Trust funds with Bernard Madoff." It's rumored that Santa may have lost as much as $10 billion invested with Madoff.
"We were standing on the edges
Of a thousand burning bridges
Sifting through the ashes every day
What we thought would never end
Now is nothing more than a memory
The way things were before
I lost my way" - OCMS
smallpoxgirl
Expert
Expert

Re: Santa goes on a killing spree

Unread postby smallpoxgirl » Thu 25 Dec 2008, 19:41:57

Come on guys. Santa Claus shoots six people and burns down a house and I'm the only one with something pithy to say about it? Even the PC police are off line today? No one is going to tell me what an awful person I am for making mirth of this horrible tragedy? :roll:
"We were standing on the edges
Of a thousand burning bridges
Sifting through the ashes every day
What we thought would never end
Now is nothing more than a memory
The way things were before
I lost my way" - OCMS
smallpoxgirl
Expert
Expert

Unread postby cipi604 » Thu 25 Dec 2008, 21:38:37

He had to burn the house with them alive inside, shooting ppl first it's too easy. Noob.
cipi604
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby 3aidlillahi » Thu 25 Dec 2008, 22:03:25

smallpoxgirl wrote:Come on guys. Santa Claus shoots six people and burns down a house and I'm the only one with something pithy to say about it? Even the PC police are off line today? No one is going to tell me what an awful person I am for making mirth of this horrible tragedy? :roll:

I was going to make a fuss but then you had to write this post. Shame on you for cutting me off like that.

It was slightly funny though. Your first comment, not the killing. Reminds me of some bad holiday movies like Reindeer Games.
Riches are not from abundance of worldly goods, but from a contented mind.
3aidlillahi
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby drgoodword » Fri 26 Dec 2008, 00:52:53

smallpoxgirl wrote:Come on guys. Santa Claus shoots six people and burns down a house and I'm the only one with something pithy to say about it? Even the PC police are off line today? No one is going to tell me what an awful person I am for making mirth of this horrible tragedy? :roll:

I'm not going to tell you what an awful person you are because I've got a pretty black sense of humour myself, and you, as a physician, have probably saved more lives (or at least prevented more untimely deaths) than the rest of us combined. That said, I read the story before making my current visit to PO.com, and the report of the 8-year old girl getting shot in the face when she answered the door took the wind out of my gallows humour sails.
drgoodword

Unread postby ReverseEngineer » Fri 26 Dec 2008, 03:40:22

Chalk up another Postal event. Its getting to be a regular news feature. Pretty soon the Sunday Times will need an entire section dedicated to Postals and Falling Stockbrokers.

The Santa Suit does make this one more colorful and newsworthy than the average Postal event though. Be warned in advance...Watch out for the Easter Bunny in April. Falls on the 19th, right after Tax Day.

Reverse Engineer
ReverseEngineer
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Return to North America Discussion