Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Kevin Roeten - Peak Oil Is Scam?

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Kevin Roeten - Peak Oil Is Scam?

Unread postby simontay78 » Thu 08 Jan 2009, 22:59:05

I had been on the ride on Peak Oil for very long and even blog about peak oil and current affairs on energy crisis...

Then suddenly comes along a denial and he kept on rumbling on his theories on being independent from foreign oil by drilling on places that currently not allowed due to environmental reasons...or political.

Kindly do give him some "latest" facts to him if possible.

Anyone care to take up this challenge at his website?

Well, he is now probably sitting comfortably at his home waiting for the oil to replenish itself and government to drill more oil at home.
simontay78
Peat
Peat

Re: Kevin Roeten - Peak Oil Is Scam?

Unread postby JustaGirl » Fri 09 Jan 2009, 01:29:17

You already did a good enough job. Who cares if some oil is abiotic. I wouldn't doubt if there is some. If we can't get it to flow fast enough to meet demand, it doesn't matter. The end.

That clifford wirth guy is freaking annoying! I can't read a peak oil article anywhere without seeing his spamming.. 'call me & i'll tell you where the extra special peak oil hideout is'. I wish he could be banned from the internet.
Only those who can see the invisible can do the impossible.
JustaGirl
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby zeke » Fri 09 Jan 2009, 10:56:29

PO deniers will always find ears and eyes....people love to hear that there's a solution right around the corner that will maintain the status quo without their having to so much as get out of their easy chair.

probably the best thing we can do is to keep our message constant, with respect to the fundamental ideas of peak oil:

1. oil will be more difficult/expensive to extract and use

2. anything dependent on oil will suffer

3. postponing the transition from oil will only increase the pain and disaster

as more reality emerges from the swamp, more brains will "get it," but there will always be those yearning for an easy, effortless way out of the problem.

z
zeke
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby simontay78 » Sat 10 Jan 2009, 04:51:03

JustaGirl wrote:You already did a good enough job. Who cares if some oil is abiotic. I wouldn't doubt if there is some. If we can't get it to flow fast enough to meet demand, it doesn't matter. The end.

That clifford wirth guy is freaking annoying! I can't read a peak oil article anywhere without seeing his spamming.. 'call me & i'll tell you where the extra special peak oil hideout is'. I wish he could be banned from the internet.

Hey thanks for the support! I feel better now :)

Sometimes it's almost easier to not help them at all...to realize the truth as they want to be in the matrix of comfort.
simontay78
Peat
Peat

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Sat 10 Jan 2009, 08:24:37

simontay78,

Despite my instinct to avoid wasting time, I read his page. IMO it would be a complete waste of time to challenge him. Some of his conclusions are so indefensible that he is blinded to very basic facts.

But I'll offer a couple of points you may use if you choose to engage him.

First, yes...there is much natural oil seepage along the US coats as well as the rest of the world. I'll ignore the uneconomic aspects of recovering this oil. Let's just focus on his projection of global production. Most of the oceanic areas are not covered in rocks capable of trapping and producing oil. There is a reason oil production efforts occur along the coastlines: the source of the organic material as well as the rock materials which form reservoirs come from the continental land mass. Even for those who might subscribe to significant amounts of abiotic oil the potential producible traps do not exist across the vast majority of oceanic crust.

As far as organic material not existing below 18,000', that statement is so flawed as to be delusional. I just finished drilling a Deep Water Gulf of Mexico well that bottomed at 34,000’. In addition to finding hydrocarbons the deep section contained copious amount of fossils. There was even rare preserved wood fragments brought up from those depths. There are literally thousands of technical papers discussing, in exceedingly boring detail, the occurrence of organic matter at such depths. For him to deny or even ignore such evidence proves he either has a hidden agenda or is just simply blind to irrefutable facts.

Good luck.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Sat 10 Jan 2009, 08:37:44

simontay78,

Despite my instinct to avoid wasting time, I read his page. IMO it would be a complete waste of time to challenge him. Some of his conclusions are so indefensible that he is blinded to very basic facts.

But I'll offer a couple of points you may use if you choose to engage him.

First, yes...there is much natural oil seepage along the US coats as well as the rest of the world. I'll ignore the uneconomic aspects of recovering this oil. Let's just focus on his projection of global production. Most of the oceanic areas are not covered in rocks capable of trapping and producing oil. There is a reason oil production efforts occur along the coastlines: the source of the organic material as well as the rock materials which form reservoirs come from the continental land mass. Even for those who might subscribe to significant amounts of abiotic oil the potential producible traps do not exist across the vast majority of oceanic crust.

As far as organic material not existing below 18,000', that statement is so flawed as to be delusional. I just finished drilling a Deep Water Gulf of Mexico well that bottomed at 34,000’. In addition to finding hydrocarbons the deep section contained copious amount of fossils. There was even rare preserved wood fragments brought up from those depths. There are literally thousands of technical papers discussing, in exceedingly boring detail, the occurrence of organic matter at such depths. For him to deny or even ignore such evidence proves he either has a hidden agenda or is just simply blind to irrefutable facts.

Good luck.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby simontay78 » Mon 02 Feb 2009, 23:40:19

I believe he got our attention but maybe that's what he wanted...to seek attention against conventional wisdom of depletion...

Ignored him.
simontay78
Peat
Peat

Return to Peak Oil Discussion