Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Kissenger Mentions Shrinking Resources

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Kissenger Mentions Shrinking Resources

Unread postby mattduke » Tue 13 Jan 2009, 11:07:45

Most of it is another typical Kissenger rant about why we need a New World Order, but he does mention "shrinking resources", the other "open secret."

link
mattduke
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: Kissenger Mentions Shrinking Resources

Unread postby Bas » Tue 13 Jan 2009, 11:43:34

He's quite the idealist and I'd almost say he was naive if I didn't share much of his hopes and ideas.
Bas

Unread postby efarmer » Tue 13 Jan 2009, 11:44:43

Globalism crashed and burnt from greed and manipulation,
and if not fixed, will be replaced by more sustainable regional
and local economies, which predated globalism.

If I had a German accent and stretched my statement out
into laborious paragraphs, I could have whispered crap into
Dick Nixon's ear for big money.
efarmer
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby mos6507 » Tue 13 Jan 2009, 12:02:56

You know, the liberals learned a long time ago to avoid the word liberal and call themselves progressive. You'd think neocons would have learned never to utter the words "new world order" by now, knowing that it just fuels conspiracy theories.
mos6507

Unread postby mattduke » Tue 13 Jan 2009, 12:09:57

mos6507 wrote:You know, the liberals learned a long time ago to avoid the word liberal and call themselves progressive. You'd think neocons would have learned never to utter the words "new world order" by now, knowing that it just fuels conspiracy theories.

But when he says "shrinking resources", we all know exactly what that means, and the full implications thereof, don't we?
mattduke
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Colorado-Valley » Tue 13 Jan 2009, 14:01:49

Didn't Kissinger's guy, J. Paul Bremer, run the Iraq Coalition Provisional Authority when all the money disappeared?

From: The Columbia Encyclopedia, Sixth Edition | Date: 2008 |

"Paul Bremer (Lewis Paul Bremer 3d) , 1941-, U.S. diplomat and government official, b. Hartford, Conn. A career diplomat in the Foreign Service from 1966 to 1989, he was ambassador to the Netherlands from 1983 to 1986 and subsequently served as ambassador-at-large for counterterrrorism.

"A managing director at Kissinger Associates from 1989 to 2000, he was (1999-2000) chairman of the National Commission on Terrorism. Named presidential envoy to Iraq in May, 2003, he became administrator of the Coalition Provisional Authority there in June and for a year was responsible for overseeing the U.S.-led occupation and the restoration of Iraqi self-government. He has written My Year in Iraq (2006)."

I believe Kissinger and his pals probably made some big returns on the Iraq adventure.

8)
Colorado-Valley
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby mos6507 » Tue 13 Jan 2009, 14:29:32

mattduke wrote:But when he says "shrinking resources", we all know exactly what that means, and the full implications thereof, don't we?

mos6507

Return to Peak Oil Discussion