Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Bush faces prosecution for Constitutional violations

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Bush faces prosecution for Constitutional violations

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Fri 23 Jan 2009, 21:39:12

Bush Administration violated the Contitutional protections of all Americans - Monitored <b>all</b> communications.

link
Last edited by Cid_Yama on Mon 26 Jan 2009, 10:36:33, edited 1 time in total.
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Re: Bush finds Legacy: 1st Ex-President about to be jailed

Unread postby Denny » Fri 23 Jan 2009, 21:52:41

Interesting show title, "Countdown". Just how many days until Mr. Obama can distance himself from this inaugural day thank you to Bush for his "service to the nation" to engage in a prosecution? I would not hold my breath on this one.

Presidents have not been noted for going after predecessors, except to use their legacy as an excuse for the present troubles they face.
Denny
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Ludi » Fri 23 Jan 2009, 22:11:54

I would not bet on it. I don't expect prosecutions to go forward.
Ludi

Unread postby Voice_du_More » Fri 23 Jan 2009, 22:15:07

Now you know why statistics in the wrong hands can kill. I recall at some point thinking that such an effort would be helpful in the efforts, but I did not mean using it as a political weapon, or dragging in everyone in the country. Clearly we have by default expectation that the gubberment will have some data collection and anlysis involved in performing it's duties. I quickly realized after Iraq that the Bush Admin was no longer concerned with what was right, only with what seemed expedient to them. I intend to petition the President to pull back the covers. I am almost certain Cid that most of us on this site are on a list and have been approached (with or without our knowledge) under these new FBI rules. Did you know, they can come into your life without your knowledge and scretly befriend your friends and family with the intent of spying on you. That is covert activity authorized against American citizens in the form of a dragnet, probably without evidence or a court order. I think the well is very deep and alot of families are going to be fragmented by the truth if it ever makes it to light.

Hand the stupid a diamond and they try to eat it.

More to the OP, I think if we ever see how ugly it got, Bush will consider house arrest in Crawford for the rest of his life an acceptable proposal.
Last edited by Voice_du_More on Fri 23 Jan 2009, 22:17:38, edited 1 time in total.
Voice_du_More
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Ludi » Fri 23 Jan 2009, 22:17:10

Voice_du_More wrote: Did you know, they can come into your life without your knowledge and scretly befriend your friends and family with the intent of spying on you.

Paranoid much? And I thought I was a loon! :lol:
Ludi

Unread postby Voice_du_More » Fri 23 Jan 2009, 22:32:04

Ludi wrote:
Voice_du_More wrote: Did you know, they can come into your life without your knowledge and scretly befriend your friends and family with the intent of spying on you.

Paranoid much? And I thought I was a loon! :lol:

You are probably on their payroll sweetheart. Do I need to get the transcript of the latest FBI revisions of the security laws. FBI agents are now allowed to enter your life or the life of your friends and relatives posing under an alias for the intent of gathering clandestine information about you. It was just in the paper not three months ago. The gig is going to be up soon enough dear. If we keep seeking after darkness and justifying the only outcome is a vast outbreak of evil.

Do not be deceived, if you seek out darkness evil will find you. Proverbs

I do not want to be even implicitly involved with a nation that has gone stasi, which it has. TAPS never died and we all know it. The question is, is Obama really a fighter, or is it all showmanship? The everyday people of this country have to care if some FBI flub is getting close to their daughter, perhaps seducing them in an attempt to be an asset just because they ran their mouth on some CERA backed forum.
Voice_du_More
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Ludi » Fri 23 Jan 2009, 22:47:26

Voice_du_More wrote:You are probably on their payroll sweetheart.

Um, right. :roll:

You just went right on my "idiot" list.
Ludi

Unread postby Jack » Fri 23 Jan 2009, 23:22:57

Voice_du_More wrote:Do not be deceived, if you seek out darkness evil will find you. Proverbs

Embrace the Darkness. Become one with Evil. Feel the power!

8)
Jack
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Rob0126 » Fri 23 Jan 2009, 23:43:18

Folks, you know everything anyone does to get media attention is for some agenda. Remember the old saying, divide and conquer.
Rob0126
Wood
Wood

Unread postby seldom_seen » Fri 23 Jan 2009, 23:46:06

Yeah, I'll believe this when they start investigating Hank Paulson for insider trading or when a leprechaun riding a unicorn emerges from my butt.
But how the world turns. One day, cock of the walk. Next, a feather duster.
seldom_seen
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Fishman » Sat 24 Jan 2009, 00:01:00

This is so easy.

Obama joins Senate vote to legitimize Bush’s domestic spying operation
By Bill Van Auken
10 July 2008

The Democratic Party’s presumptive presidential nominee voted Wednesday afternoon with a majority of the US Senate to pass legislation vastly expanding the government’s power to carry out warrantless wiretapping and electronic surveillance, while handing blanket retroactive immunity to telecommunications
Fishman
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Voice_du_More » Sat 24 Jan 2009, 00:20:34

Ludi wrote:
Voice_du_More wrote:You are probably on their payroll sweetheart.

Um, right. :roll:

You just went right on my "idiot" list.

Are you not able to get to a television set or what? FISA was revised to allows just the things I mentioned, and within the last two days Russell Tice has surfaced claiming that the programs are pervasive and highly derogatory.

You may want to justify illegal activity by the government because of your unreasoning fear of what lies beyond, but it will not help you in the end. Only Jesus can do that.
Voice_du_More
Peat
Peat

Unread postby centralstump » Sat 24 Jan 2009, 02:24:59

Cid_Yama wrote:link

Again for the cheap seats, Obama has clearly stated that this is not something he will involve himself in.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/arianna-h ... 57563.html

Olbermann just doesn't want to give up his punching bag.
centralstump
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Tyler_JC » Sat 24 Jan 2009, 02:42:56

1. Try not to create a thread with just one word in the OP. It's bad for the website and prevents discussion.

2. Keith Olbermann hates Bush. Always has, always will. If Bush sees a single night in jail, I'm the queen of England. We do not arrest former presidents regardless of what they do.
"www.peakoil.com is the Myspace of the Apocalypse."
Tyler_JC
Expert
Expert

Unread postby PrestonSturges » Sat 24 Jan 2009, 03:02:00

there are 2 parts to this problem.

First there is the revelation that Bush actively spied on and intimidated the press. He spent billions on these programs, while wailing like Palin that everyone was so unfair to him. The press will bury him, and that's just payback for pure stupidity on W's part.

The second part is that the one issue that the GOP seems to be rallying around is torture and detention, which won Rudy exactly ONE delegate in 2008. And torture is a big broom that inevitably gets used against the innocent (remember Salem?) many of whom die, so you've got the GOP uniting on the issue of torturing random innocent people to death. Who's the terrorists again?
PrestonSturges
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 24 Jan 2009, 03:30:33

The dems were too cowardly to impeach Bush, but you think that they are going to somehow find the courage to arrest and jail Bush?

Dream on, little dudes. :roll:
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby ReverseEngineer » Sat 24 Jan 2009, 04:13:06

seldom_seen wrote:Yeah, I'll believe this when they start investigating Hank Paulson for insider trading or when a leprechaun riding a unicorn emerges from my butt.

Will the Unicorn emerge Horn first?

The key here is in the Paper Trail and in the overall impoverishment of the population. You cannot really look at this one like any prior investigation of an ex-President.

The press has an axe to grind as far as Bush is concerned, and Obama will need a Scapegoat as things worsen. The fact is that you don't even have to go back to the Human Rights violations and the undermining of the constitution, although these things will inevitably be brought up. It really is mostly like Al Capone though, in the end what they got him for was Tax Evasion, not all the murders.

The Smoking Gun for the Bush Administration is the TARP Bailout, where basically billions were funnelled toward Bush insiders through Paulson. You can see this beginning with the miappropriation fo bailout money by John Thain at Merrill, paying himself and others huge bonuses while Merrill was losing the money of its investors and firing its employees. As more people become impoverished, more people will demand that the CEOs who took these huge funds and directed them towards themselves are held accountable for that. Inexorably, it works its way up the line to Paulson and Bush.

Will Bush end up in Prison? That I agree would be highly unlikely, he most likely will disappear to Paraguay or conveniently "die" in a plane crash if the investigation goes far enough. A faked death so he can disappear of course.

As things spin down here, TPTB will be playing the Blame Game all over the place, and they will need Scapegoats and BIG ones. If the Press is given an open field upon which to dig up and publish the dirt, the pile of shti the Bush Gang worked up over the last 8 years is enough to bury the Great Wall of China and the Great Pyriamid of Giza several times over.

Bush is a CLEAR target now for the Press. He's no longer POTUS, and his power to control what they write is gone. Only so long as it behooves the Obama Gang to keep a lid on this stuff will the lid stay on. When they get in enough trouble, they will turn the attention on the criminal Presidency of George Bush. It will make Watergate look like a Picnic.

Reverse Engineer
ReverseEngineer
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Quinny » Sat 24 Jan 2009, 05:30:23

Cid you got my hopes up or a minute. Tease . :(

RE I hope you're right, and think it might even happen, shouldn't you be getting your application to sit on the jury in now?

A couple of years ago I would have said no way anything will happen. Last year changed all that.
Live, Love, Learn, Leave Legacy.....oh and have a Laugh while you're doing it!
Quinny
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby ReverseEngineer » Sat 24 Jan 2009, 06:10:05

Quinny wrote:
RE I hope you're right, and think it might even happen, shouldn't you be getting your application to sit on the jury in now?

I won't sit on any Jury. I spent enough time on Peak Oil arguing to know that you'll never get 12 people to agree on anything, particularly when the Scum Sucking Bottom Feeder LAWYERS get involved in the picture.

I'll just keep writing, and if all goes as planned here, the mob will pick me up on their shoulders and deliver me to the Gallows, and I won't be arguing the Justice anymore. I'll just DELIVER the Justice as Chief Justice and Lord High Executioner of Pigmen.

I am putting in my time now making the arguments. I put myself in the hands of the Mob, they can tear me limb from limb or they can raise me up, I'm prepared for either outcome. Its all dependent on how well I sell it which way it goes, eh?

Time will tell how it plays itself out of course. I make my bet, I'll live with the results or die with them. If I win the bet, woe betide the Pigmen. I will rain down HELL on Earth on the Pigmen. I will give a whole new meaning to the idea of a Hanging Judge, all the Oil left on Earth will be necessary to grease up the Guillotine. SOMEBODY has to make these decisions, and I am Prepped for it. :-)

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Reverse Engineer
AKA The Pale Rider, Preacher with a Gun
AKA Chief Justice and Lord High Executioner of Pigmen
ReverseEngineer
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: ridiculous title edited

Unread postby Mesuge » Sat 24 Jan 2009, 06:52:56

Well, to a certain degree and in a way this might be just another replay of the 1970s. What we have learned from the investigations then: government lied, spied, assassinated domestic and foreign leaders, sold drugs, traded with enemies, among other things. The juicy stuff from the closed sessions of these investigations published after 1990s only but confirmed and expanded on the material.

However, in effect the situation in last 20yrs only worsened, the screws were tightened, public discourse is more trivialized, public is getting more apathic..

The only hope is and here I agree with Orlov's analysis, that the Obama team will effectively perform Gorbatchev - Perestroika style stunt, with the end result of furthering collapse of institutions and economy of the state.

And after that period the avenues of history are open for quite a ride!
DOOMerotron: at all-time high [8.3] out of 10..
Mesuge
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Next

Return to North America Discussion