Yes
35%
No
65%

Total votes : 43

Failed To Pay

Unread postby bratticus » Sun 25 Jan 2009, 13:27:09

PRESCOTT TAX FURORE

JOHN PRESCOTT could face a £3,000 tax bill after it emerged that he was allowed to stay rent-free in his official flat.

Inn trouble

Hitching Post Inn faces three civil suits totaling more than $536,000 after allegedly failing to pay for construction and laundry services.

Harding sues insurer, claiming it failed to pay in landfill suit

Harding Township has filed a lawsuit in Superior Court alleging its insurer has refused to defend the town or pay for its defense in the litigation involving the remediation of the former Combe Fill South landfill, which borders both Chester and Washington townships.

IRS slaps lien on Blanchette for unpaid back taxes

LAWRENCE — City Council president and mayoral hopeful Patrick Blanchette failed to pay almost $9,000 in federal income taxes between 2005 and 2007, prompting the Internal Revenue Service to slap him with a tax lien.

Village to sue for fees

Village officials say that for the past five years, Bell has failed to pay more than $1 million in connection fees for a wastewater treatment plant.

Deepening of power crisis feared if IPPs not paid dues

ISLAMABAD, Jan 24: The Water and Power Development Authority has failed to pay Rs100 billion to independent power producers (IPPs), causing a shortfall of 1,366 MW in the country’s power system.

Man accused of keeping arsenal in Bellevue locker

After he failed to pay his storage fees, someone else bought the contents of his locker at auction and alerted federal agents. With some difficulty, they traced the weapons to Struve and arrested him Jan. 7.

Employees yet to get promised benefits

But the agreement is yet to be implemented as the government [of Srinagar]has failed to pay the corporation employees even the monthly salary in time, not to speak of other facilities.

Charter cable in financial straits

Cable provider Charter Communications failed to make scheduled loan payments last week, igniting growing concern that the troubled company is heading for bankruptcy.

Richardson Orders Residents To Vacate Apartments

The city says he hasn't paid the water bill in two months and the heat in the building was turned off twice because McKnight failed to pay the bill.

Crew members sue NLV airline over missing pay for war-zone flights

"Despite receiving more than $21 million in hazard pay intended for its employees, Vision has failed to pay its employees the hazard pay to which they are entitled," the suit says.

Horizon group owner pursues other business options

JACKSONVILLE — A former chief executive of a troubled chain of small specialty clinics has a new venture.

David Branch, former CEO of Sarasota-based Horizon Medical Group, is in the market to buy new medical industry businesses. His latest role is as a broker in the field, although Sarasota-area doctors say he’s been aggressively pursuing acquisitions personally.

It may be a tough sell since he remains the target of multiple lawsuits alleging he failed to pay for services and equipment related to his other current and former businesses, including his MRI clinics.

Auctioneer Carritt in trouble, defaults on payment obligations

Kolkata:Auctioneer Carritt Moran and Co. Pvt. Ltd has failed to pay tea producers who sold through it in the first week of January, in the first such instance in at least three decades.
bratticus
Permanently Banned

Re: Failed To Pay

Unread postby Ludi » Sun 25 Jan 2009, 13:37:12

No. Recent clients have paid promptly. :)

But we aren't getting any new clients at the moment. 8O
Ludi

Unread postby ColossalContrarian » Sun 25 Jan 2009, 15:06:25

One Realtor I *did* consulting for has failed to pay me for $300 worth of work. He owes much more to other companies from what I hear by word of mouth. Not sure if it will be worth going after him for $300, I’ll still keep mailing out payment notices anyway. My bad for doing work for this realtor bozo in the first place...
ColossalContrarian
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby perdition79 » Mon 26 Jan 2009, 00:25:38

My company has not paid its guaranteed minimum pay to over 100 drivers for the past four months. The company has been really slow, and the drivers have calculated the amount due to be over $280,000. Most think that the ship is going down.
http://www.thepeoplescube.com/

"We are building a religion; we are building it bigger. We are widening the corridors and adding more lanes."
Cake - Comfort Eagle
perdition79
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby MarkJ » Mon 26 Jan 2009, 09:55:53

This month I'm evicting two tenants and repossessed about a dozen propane tanks for failure to pay in full.

Overall, slow-pays, no-pays, bad checks, repossessions, evictions and liens are down since I run a much tighter ship.

I was owed much more money back in the 90s since I offered more private financing, I'd often let people slide for a while, didn't do as much government/state/private funded work, prepaid work, COD work, cash work and worked with lower down-payments and fewer payment schedules.
MarkJ
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby IslandCrow » Mon 26 Jan 2009, 10:14:28

I work for a private social service provider, from whom local communities (local government) buy care. We are only at the beginning of the troubles, but so far two communities (out of about 10) have refused to accept a rise in prices based on the government published cost of living index. At least, so far, this is better than the last recession where one community just cut all their payments by 10%!

From our experience in the last recession here in Finland, what will happen is that communities will stop providing the care that they are legally bound to provide, until things get absolutely desperate, and then it is often too late to much good in the individual situation. The other problem is that although we are often cheaper that local-government run care providers, in a economic crisis, the local authorities will place people in their own institutions to prevent them having to make more of their workers redundant.
We should teach our children the 4-Rs: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and Rejoice.
IslandCrow
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Return to Economics & Finance