Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Any One can tell me about the peak oil Trading.

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Any One can tell me about the peak oil Trading.

Unread postby viks » Wed 04 Feb 2009, 02:45:48

I am New in trading line. So I need a help from you.
viks
Wood
Wood

Re: Any One can tell me about the peak oil Trading.

Unread postby kpeavey » Wed 04 Feb 2009, 07:03:00

1 Never invest in anything you don't know everything about, down to the smallest detail.

2 When you are new to online trading, an energy decline website may not be the best place to ask for advice.

3 Never ask for investment advice in a language you have not mastered.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--for ever."
-George Orwell, 1984
_____

twenty centuries of stony sleep were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle, and what rough beast, its hour come round at last, slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
-George Yeats
kpeavey
Expert
Expert

Unread postby gt1370a » Wed 04 Feb 2009, 20:32:24

Buy low.

Sell high.

Repeat.
gt1370a
Coal
Coal

Unread postby viks » Thu 05 Feb 2009, 02:19:18

Tell me the First step for online trading.
viks
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Micki » Thu 05 Feb 2009, 03:01:10

viks wrote:Tell me the First step for online trading.

As indicated earlier, educate yourself.
Trading only works if you follow a trading system and apply to discipline. Furthermore your trading decisions should be done so that they allign with your fundamental analysis.
Everything else is just wild speculation.

Where are you located?
For Australia I would recommend www.wealthwithin.com.au or possibly www.safetyinthemarket.com.au.

If I didn't have any education in trading I would probably just buy physical silver and some gold and sit on it until everyone...including the taxi drivers, talk about gold and silver in a bullish way, then I would consider maybe selling.
Micki

Unread postby viks » Thu 05 Feb 2009, 03:17:46

<b>I am from Asia.</b>
viks
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Micki » Thu 05 Feb 2009, 03:44:18

Does that also mean you are IN Asia?
Would you mind narrowing down a bit more?
If you are in Singapore for instance I might be able to suggest something local.

You can find lots for free on the net and even more if you use apps like emule, but the problem with educating yourself is that you get no proper support and it is hard to sometimes know where to begin and which topics to stick too. There is simply an overflow of information out there. So I strongly suggest that if you want to learn trading you do it via course that gives you personal support.

If you are hellbent on educating yourself I would suggest you first look up topics on trends and secondly swing trading.
Note, there are a lot of different interpretations out there for similar things. i.e. what defines a trend etc. So ensure you understand and agree + backtest. (You will need access to charts for what ever you want to trade as well. Preferably your own charting package.)

Also, stay the heck away from leverage for the first two years.
And unless you can be glued to the PC, stick with weekly charts.

If you got specific questions, I am sure there is a stack of people here, including myself, willing to share experiences and opinions, but it is a bit too broad topic to cover from scratch.

Good luck......
Micki

Unread postby viks » Thu 05 Feb 2009, 06:38:46

Ok, i will follow your idea. but How should i invest in other exchange though I am in India
viks
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Micki » Thu 05 Feb 2009, 07:59:19

You don't need to trade in foreign exchange unless you desperately want to trade something that isn't raded in India.
It is of course possible but you need to find a broker who supports this (it also costs extra) or use CFD's. But that is besides the point I was making about trading in general.
Trading methodology or system is universal. i.e. swing trading on Australian shares is no different to Swing trading NASDAQ index or Wheat or Gold or swing trading Indian shares.
Once you learn and understand how to, you can apply it anywhere.

Similarly you should be able to find local charting packages that provide data for your local market and what ever else you intend to trade in. You perhaps get free charts from your broker or can find on the net but they tend to lack features for scaling, drawing etc. Charting packages are good as they allow you to draw trend lines, support lines etc and see exactly what amount they land on.

It is not hard, just a bit much to cover in a forum and there is greater risk that something vital is left out or not explained.

Also remember, there is no single trading method that works all the time. Trading also means taking losses. A well working trading system and well applied discipline in the use is there to ensure the odd are in your favor. So there is no way of avoiding losses. The system/methodology you use should tell you what trigger you use for you purchase, how to set stop loss and when to get out and you should follow it without emotion. (If too many losses then your system/method is not working at the time and you need to revise and change or hold off until you expect more favorable time.)

Maybe there is someone else here who can recomment brokers, charting packages, training course etc in India???
Micki

Unread postby kpeavey » Thu 05 Feb 2009, 09:02:04

Put everything you have into US Treasuries, tell all your friends. Its a sure thing, and an investment for your future.

{topic moved from Peak Oil Discussion by Shannymara}
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--for ever."
-George Orwell, 1984
_____

twenty centuries of stony sleep were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle, and what rough beast, its hour come round at last, slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
-George Yeats
kpeavey
Expert
Expert

Return to Economics & Finance