Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Financial Coup d'Etat

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Financial Coup d'Etat

Unread postby threadbear » Sat 07 Feb 2009, 22:45:28

I'm starting a new thread, on this topic, because I think everyone should read this article. I figured starting a new thread was a way to draw much deserved attention to it, and familiarize newbies with Catherine Austin Fitts.

Concluding paragraph of article:

"Sure enough, that fall, significant amounts of moneys started leaving the US, including illegally. Over $4 trillion went missing from the US government. No one seemed to notice. Misled into thinking we were in a boom economy by a fraudulent debt bubble engineered with force and intention from the highest levels of the financial system, Americans were engaging in an orgy of consumption that was liquidating the real financial equity we needed urgently to reposition ourselves for the times ahead.

The mood that afternoon in London was quite sober. The question hung in the air, unspoken: once the bubble was over, was the time coming when we, too, would be β€œde-modernized?”

In 2009 β€” more than seven years later β€” this is a question that many of us are asking ourselves.

http://solari.com/blog/?p=2058
threadbear
Expert
Expert

Re: Financial Coup d'Etat

Unread postby POAlex » Sat 07 Feb 2009, 23:06:25

Nothing goes unnoticed.

"The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good." (Proverbs 15:3)

Ale
POAlex
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Revi » Sat 07 Feb 2009, 23:44:22

That Solari blog is awesome. I haven't read it in a few years and it's a refreshingly honest way of looking at money.

I think it's better to spend it locally on things that are tangible now than to put it into paper investments that may or may not pay off in the future.

A garden spot is the next thing I'd like to get.
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby threadbear » Sun 08 Feb 2009, 14:20:47

Revi wrote:That Solari blog is awesome. I haven't read it in a few years and it's a refreshingly honest way of looking at money.

I think it's better to spend it locally on things that are tangible now than to put it into paper investments that may or may not pay off in the future.

A garden spot is the next thing I'd like to get.

Hi Revi--Catherine is, as you say, awesome. I'm working on a garden spot ,too. The island is forming a community garden with an eye to self sustainability, in the future. I had my own garden last year with raised cement beds, with water catchment cisterns etc...that was put in place by the prior owners.

Unfortunately, only a couple of the raised beds get enough light. I don't want to chop all the trees down around it as it is quite a beautiful second growth forest (or maybe, third growth!) at this point, so will try to share a community patch with my neighbour. It's a social thing, too.

We all have to think like this, together. United we stand and divided we fall is very true. The global elite have used the same sentiments to trick us into a false sense of global brotherhood, etc...Fool me once, shame on me...as the saying goes!

Good luck with your garden!
threadbear
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Ludi » Sun 08 Feb 2009, 14:31:58

threadbear wrote: Unfortunately, only a couple of the raised beds get enough light.

There are many edible plants which will grow in partial shade.

From "The Complete Shade Gardener" by George Schenk

For part (half) shade:

asparagus,beets,sweet cicely,cucumbers,turnips,leaf lettuce,snow peas,kale,radishes,scallions,shallots,chives,leeks,broccoli,cress,watercress,carrots, sweet potatoes,spinach,zucchini, cabbage, mustard,French sorrel,parsley,sage,rosemary,thyme,savory,borage,lovage,fennel,oregano,apples,pears,lemons,pie cherries,plums,elderberries,raspberries, loquat,rhubard,alpine strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries,muscadine grapes.

Fruits in shade will not bear as heavily. According to Schenk, even tomatoes can be grown with only a few hours of direct sun, if they are trellised and given the best soil.

(Sorry for the off-topic)
Ludi

Unread postby deMolay » Thu 12 Feb 2009, 10:31:42

You might find this interesting Threadbear. http://www.shadowstats.com/article/55
"We Are All Travellers, From The Sweet Grass To The Packing House, From Birth To Death, We Wander Between The Two Eternities". An Old Cowboy.
deMolay
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby threadbear » Thu 12 Feb 2009, 15:33:03

Ludi--thank you so much for the suggestions. I could start raspberry bushes in there, I guess. They don't need to be fussed over, do they?

deMolay. thanks for article. I can't read it right now, as I'm about to board a float plane in a little over an hour, heading off to see my parents in Vancouver.
threadbear
Expert
Expert

Return to Economics & Finance