Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Gasification wood boilers

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Gasification wood boilers

Unread postby duffyeric » Fri 13 Feb 2009, 03:29:26

Gasification wood boilers burn cleanly, with little creosote or ash, almost eliminating the risk of chimney fire. With virtually no exhaust gases, they help ease the burden on the environment, and greenhouse gas emissions, while burning wood, nature's oldest renewable fuel.

Did you know you can install and integrate wood boilers with your existing heating system, so when you are not home, your conventional furnace conveniently runs? When you return home, it's back to the savings! Burn any kind of wood you like, including pallets, chip, waste, and even fresh cut green wood. No waiting years for your wood piles to cure.

Suggestions about the clean burning coal are mostly welcomed
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu 26 Feb 2009, 19:57:47, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link spam removed
duffyeric
Wood
Wood

Re: Gasification wood boilers

Unread postby uNkNowN ElEmEnt » Fri 13 Feb 2009, 03:39:36

I've been reading a lot of people who say that in reality it winds up being dirty and air poluting, and not the best way to make your neighbours happy. I have looked into some of them and while they make great claims and are relatively inexpensive ($5000), I dont' think the price tag is a good investment given the hassle and problems I've heard people are having with by-laws and such.
uNkNowN ElEmEnt
Expert
Expert

Return to Peak Oil Discussion