Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The Great Economic Recovery Deception

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Unread postby mintdollar » Sat 14 Feb 2009, 05:26:05

We, the American people are supposed to be in debt. That’s how the system works, right? If you’re listening closely, that’s what they’re saying. Politicians are sprinting wide eyed and panting to banks with billions and possibly trillions of “Taxpayer” dollars, OUR dollars.

Why? Because if they give the banks our money, we will be benefited. Huh? Forgive me but I don’t remember a time in history when any bank was looking out for my benefit. Hasn’t it always been a trade off, sort of like; After being carefully scrutinized, I go into debt and pay interest on money that they loan me while they invest and prosper from money I loan them by opening a bank account? Yeah that’s it; they’ve never given a darn about me. So what would make anyone imagine that now, in the toughest economy since the great depression, banks can be given enough money to benefit me? Won’t that benefit will be the gift of allowing me to go deeper in debt to them?

The real estate industry helped pull the plug on the economy by giving us toxic loans, Wall street is enriching execs with bailout money, banks are buying businesses and enriching execs with bailout money, so what’s really going on? Well, the truth is that it is our money, taxpayer money being thrown around like confetti and it’s being thrown to everyone but us.
http://waronyou.com/topics/the-great-ec ... deception/
mintdollar
Wood
Wood

Re: The Great Economic Recovery Deception

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Sat 14 Feb 2009, 06:52:11

Given that the model has failed; propping it up is an edifice in the absense of a better idea.

How is a banking sytem based on endless growth, able to sustain society beyond the peak of consumption?

Well the simple answer is: it cannot.

So is this a swindle? Absolutely!

When will 'they' realize it? Probably when the auto tellers stop working. (see Iceland).
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby beamofthewave » Sat 14 Feb 2009, 12:29:33

We have got to fix the infrastructure, yes the bridges. When I was in the Peace Corps in my mid twenties I was okay with walking on the boards across the rivers. I am too old to do that now. I want a new electrical grid for my country. When you live without electricity because of bad grid it is a nice holiday when it comes on for a day, but the food goes bad in the fridge, medicine goes bad in the hospital etc. I like electricity, flipping a switch for light is lovely. I know we are going 3rd world but cant we put it off for a few years? Why dont we repeal the two trillion in tax cuts for the wealthy to pay for it? Why dont we institute the same taxes we had to pay for WW11? Why shouldnt the rich pay more? Microsoft uses the road system, electrical system, court system one heck of a lot more than I do, why shouldnt they pay for it? I say lets just dump all the banks, start new ones and claw back the money we already gave them under Paulson.
beamofthewave
Peat
Peat

Unread postby pedalling_faster » Sat 14 Feb 2009, 17:05:03

i went to a morning presentation by an economist who works for Wells Fargo's "manage money for rich people" department, which i guess she's the head of.

there were some huge subjects that were left un-addressed, such as the financing of the debt.

the forecast was for a teeny amount of movement back into positive economic growth in the second half of 2009.
http://www.LASIK-Flap.com/ ~ Health Warning about LASIK Eye Surgery
pedalling_faster
Permanently Banned

Unread postby patience » Sat 14 Feb 2009, 17:12:51

I don't think we have to worry about the banks surviving for very long, or the govt either, for that matter. Yeah, it's all a scam to steal as much as possible from the taxpayers, as FAST as possible. Why do we bother to vote for poison A or poison B?

But it looks like all we have to do is cover our own needs, and sit back and watch the show as the banksters go belly up. Got popcorn? Should be one heckuva show.
Local fix-it guy..
patience
Resting in Peace

Unread postby WyoDutch » Sat 14 Feb 2009, 17:15:47

WyoDutch
Lignite
Lignite

Return to Economics & Finance