Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Go Ahead, Make My Day!

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: Go Ahead, Make My Day!

Unread postby ReverseEngineer » Fri 20 Feb 2009, 03:35:09

cbxer55 wrote:What else will the banksters do to make a buck?
The hate I am starting to feel toward them is bottomless.

There may be hope for you yet CBX.

When you can rank your Hate for the Banksters above your Hate for Welfare Moms and Illegal Aliens, you will have returned to become a part of the Human Race again after the years of Rush Limbaugh Brainwashing :-)

Reverse Engineer
ReverseEngineer
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby sparky » Fri 20 Feb 2009, 04:44:54

in the bad ol' days Bonny and Clyde had a lot of popular support amongst the devastated farmers of the mid west states

the times are ripe for some robbin Hood revival

Call me an economic rationnalist if you will but it seems to me there should be one year jail for somebody for every billion spend on some bank rescue( :lol: :lol: ) plan
with a dozen of hanging thrown in just to make the lamp post of wall street into object lesson

ultimately ... unreasonned violence is the best insurance of the weaks against the smarts
sparky
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby hope_full » Fri 20 Feb 2009, 05:39:52

Sparky, that's a very good point. Few young'uns these days know their history, but Bonnie and Clyde were folk heroes in their time, getting back at banks for all the wrongs they'd perpetrated against the citizenry.

Back in the GD1, the government didn't bail out folks who couldn't make the interest payments on their homes and farms and there was a lot of bitterness and anger toward the "greedy bankers." (Imagine that!)

And then here comes Bonnie and Clyde, a fun couple who preyed on small, isolated banks and seemed to have a good attitude about it and strove not to hurt innocent bystanders.

I found this quote at NPR when they interviewed Arthur Penn, who directed the 1967 movie "Bonnie and Clyde."

In the 1930s, when the Barrow Gang was at large, "the country was really ... in desperate straits," Penn says. "I didn't have sympathy for the killing, but I could understand these bumpkins essentially working out the equation in their mind: 'If the banks come and take my house, I'm gonna go get what they have.'"

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... d=12753252
hope_full
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby sparky » Fri 20 Feb 2009, 15:34:27

Hope-full , this good guys / bandits has been around since taxes and big landowners the the French had Cartouche , the Russian ...Pugatchev , in OZ we got Ned Kelly there is probably half a dozen case in everycounty one could think of

sparky
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Pops » Fri 20 Feb 2009, 19:06:35

cbxer55 wrote:...Illegal aliens? What is to like about them coming here

I always wondered about your heritage cb, I guess your ancestors sprang up here spontaneously.

Even if they came over on the land bridge in the last ice age I'm thinking you are an alien.

Tell us when your folks landed...
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Pops » Fri 20 Feb 2009, 19:56:07

cbxer55 wrote:Never been a family tree type of guy. :roll:

yea, :roll:

If one generation (and no concern beyond) makes you the arbiter of who is and who ain't an alien then I guess in your mind you feel you're the authority here...

carry on and have a good time
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Return to Economics & Finance