Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Starting a movement

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Starting a movement

Unread postby TheAwakening » Mon 23 Feb 2009, 22:45:49

Hi,

I just discovered PO two months ago. It's a very interesting topic that soon will affect all of us. I wonder why the media don't do a big coverage or something on it ? Don't answer that question because I already know the answer.. that leads me to the creation of this weird thread.

As a webmaster I have a very weird power.. that of retaining people's attention span for some seconds..

Wouldn't it be very cool to start a campaign to create awareness started by independent webmasters ? I know some top guns back home.

What are your thoughts on this ? I was thinking on scaling this to the hole world.
TheAwakening
Wood
Wood

Re: Starting a movement

Unread postby Hermes » Mon 23 Feb 2009, 23:39:36

Welcome to PO.com.

I suggest you read through some threads about "trying to get the word out" before wasting time.

Good luck with the webmaster thing. I'd suggest diversifying into food production, pronto.
Space Ghost: Oh boy, the Shatner's really hit the fan now. I'm up Dawson's Creek without a paddle.
Hermes
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Pops » Tue 24 Feb 2009, 00:01:18

Welcome, Google "Peak Oil" and you'll get 12,400,000. hits -

This site is the third hit on the list.

The hole movement started without you but feel free to join in and do what you can...
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby kpeavey » Tue 24 Feb 2009, 08:03:40

As events unfold, the MSM will give it more attention, but far less than the subject needs. Keep trying to spread the word, by all means, but we are already past the point of no return. Talking about Peak Oil will cast an ill light upon you. Some will call you crazy, some will ignore you, few will listen. A better path to follow is openly supporting sustainability, renewable energy, the Green thing, relocalization. People will listen to that. Spread the word that will give people a chance.

And welcome aboard.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--for ever."
-George Orwell, 1984
_____

twenty centuries of stony sleep were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle, and what rough beast, its hour come round at last, slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
-George Yeats
kpeavey
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Ayoob » Thu 26 Feb 2009, 19:24:52

I usually try a cup of warm prune juice.

[smilie=cc.gif]
Ayoob
Expert
Expert

Unread postby AirlinePilot » Fri 27 Feb 2009, 12:20:38

TheAwakening wrote:As a webmaster I have a very weird power.. that of retaining people's attention span for some seconds..

What are your thoughts on this ? I was thinking on scaling this to the hole world.

I'm not really sure what my thoughts are. I have a very weird power where I can sense someone about to advertise their website or latest investment scheme here at PO.com though.

:lol: Very strange first post actually, welcome to PO.
AirlinePilot

Unread postby TheAwakening » Fri 27 Feb 2009, 14:15:08

AirlinePilot wrote:
TheAwakening wrote:As a webmaster I have a very weird power.. that of retaining people's attention span for some seconds..

I'm not really sure what my thoughts are. I have a very weird power where I can sense someone about to advertise their website or latest investment scheme here at PO.com though.

:lol: Very strange first post actually, welcome to PO.

:mrgreen:

Nah seriously there are plenty of forums on the web and stuff about PO. But people only find PO accidentally.. of course the campaign would have to be huge.. like 1 million souls (monthly) dropped on a PO page explaining all the problems related with PO. This is what I can only offer.. but there are bigger webmasters of course ..

It would require a simple page with several translations, a very simple and clean design.

lol at the stupid replies
TheAwakening
Wood
Wood

Return to Peak Oil Discussion