Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Latvian Economy Falters Unrest Grows

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Latvian Economy Falters Unrest Grows

Unread postby deMolay » Thu 26 Feb 2009, 08:07:51

Now the farmers are going under and blaming the EU. http://www.iht.com/articles/2009/02/25/ ... latvia.php
"We Are All Travellers, From The Sweet Grass To The Packing House, From Birth To Death, We Wander Between The Two Eternities". An Old Cowboy.
deMolay
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: Latvian Economy Falters Unrest Grows

Unread postby TonisD » Sat 28 Feb 2009, 19:19:11

deMolay wrote:Now the farmers are going under and blaming the EU. http://www.iht.com/articles/2009/02/25/ ... latvia.php

Don't worry, we the northern neighbours are next here in Estonia. By the looks of things, we will have 20-25% unemployment by year's end. If there is a country still standing by then. With most of the families having a 30 year slavery contract, pardon, a mortgage - we will go down in flames.
TonisD
Peat
Peat

Unread postby nobodypanic » Sun 01 Mar 2009, 12:38:05

TonisD wrote:
deMolay wrote:Now the farmers are going under and blaming the EU. http://www.iht.com/articles/2009/02/25/ ... latvia.php

Don't worry, we the northern neighbours are next here in Estonia. By the looks of things, we will have 20-25% unemployment by year's end. If there is a country still standing by then. With most of the families having a 30 year slavery contract, pardon, a mortgage - we will go down in flames.

yep, that's what it is. i am really surprised more people, outside of here, don't see it for what it really is. i mean c'mon! thirty years of my life for shelter? <--throughout 99% of human history it hasn't taken anywhere near that much to provide shelter. that's a gross distortion of a basic human need. it's insane.
nobodypanic
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby nobodypanic » Sun 01 Mar 2009, 13:05:14

cbxer55 wrote:
What other choice is there though? What, you going to pay rent for ever and ever? My wifes parents house is fully payed for, her grand partents home also. If they had chose renting, they would still be paying every month now, instead of having no payments, except of course taxes.
I have rented, and I now own. The house we rented, next door to the one we now own, costed more per month. Our daugher and her fiance pay $685 per month for a two bedroom apartment. We pay 780 per month for a three bedroom house.
Which would you rather do? Or do you know some way to live for free? If so, clue me in to that.

you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. you didn't really think that the system of capitalist exploitation would leave you a way to get around their desire to fleece you for shelter, did you? :-D
nobodypanic
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Return to Economics & Finance