Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

*** 31 States already are, are now claiming, or are planning

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

*** 31 States already are, are now claiming, or are planning

Unread postby mintdollar » Fri 27 Feb 2009, 12:28:29

NOTE: Sovereignty is NOT the same as Secession. These states (except for Hawaii) are not claiming to leave the union (for now).

All of these ‘movements’ (except for Hawaii) are explicit restatements of what has always been in place, but not necessarily enforced, as detailed by the 10th Amendment. Hawaii is actually aiming for total sovereignty as it is claimed that Hawaii was never really a state of the U.S.A..

However, I believe the intent of these bills is to let the federal government know that the states’ sovereignty will not be overwritten… say in case certain gun ban laws get passed, FOCA-type laws, or other “War Time / Martial Law” type plans come into play. Check them out:

States That Already Are Sovereign / Passed 10th Amendement Restatement Legislature:
- California (CA): [CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO and HERE]
- Colorado (CO): [CLICK HERE for bill text - HERE for the scan] *NEW*
- Hawaii (HI): [General info: HERE or HERE -- SCOTUS Case: HERE for docket & HERE or HERE for summary]
- Louisiana (LA): [CLICK HERE - §26] *NEW*
- Massachusetts (MA): [CLICK HERE - Article IV] *NEW*
- Oklahoma (OK): [CLICK HERE and HERE - 99% done... stay tuned! (I'll count it as passed for now :) )] *NEW*
- Texas (TX): [THIS WEBSITE] has good Republic of Texas info & bill text HERE]
- Utah (UT): [CLICK HERE and search for HJR003 or HERE for a pdf] *NEW*
http://waronyou.com/topics/31-states-al ... vereignty/
mintdollar
Wood
Wood

Re: *** 31 States already are, are now claiming, or are planning

Unread postby TheAntiDoomer » Sat 28 Feb 2009, 00:08:10

"The human ability to innovate out of a jam is profound.That’s why Darwin will always be right, and Malthus will always be wrong.” -K.R. Sridhar

Do I make you Corny? :)

"expect 8$ gas on 08/08/08" - Prognosticator
TheAntiDoomer
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Voice_du_More » Sat 28 Feb 2009, 00:19:12

There is a functional argument as to why States must always retain the right to secede. I do not buy these 'implied right to the continuity of government' arguments that have justified the creation of so many ominous sounding Presidential Orders and new shadowy powers for FEMA and Homeland Security. The government exists by the consent of the governed and it cannot do so if it ever removes from them the right to remove their consent. So, as I wrote to an esteemed Representative whom I am happy to know comes from my district, putting in place a massive infrastructure that can swing into internment mode at the swirl of a mighty wind is not in line with that ethic. Government should be putting in place plans which have the potential to help, but that also recognize the power really resides with the people. Population control for any reason will ultimately fail. Saving lives, protecting property, all good things. Giving people only one option during a crisis simply because they are poor is not American in my opinion.

There may come a point in this unfolding crisis when states must be left to their own, and even states might fracture for a time because regional government may become difficult. The answer is to view our nation as an emergent entity which must have grassroots support for it's legitimacy. So in the event of a crisis be helpful and support the local government in needed ways until the plant can flower again.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat 28 Feb 2009, 18:37:48, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Thread moved from Current Events by Shannymara
Voice_du_More
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Micki » Fri 06 Mar 2009, 02:09:18

Hope remains.

This week, HUMAN EVENTS is happy to report that five more states have decided to invoke the 10th as well.

These five -- Tennessee, Kentucky, Kansas, Indiana, and West Virginia -- have all begun their action under the 10th Amendment in a bid to protect themselves from what they view as nothing less than an unconstitutional usurpation of power on the part of the Obama administration.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=30917
Micki

Return to North America Discussion