Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Downward Pressure on Wages has begun

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: Downward Pressure on Wages has begun

Unread postby AAA » Tue 10 Mar 2009, 16:15:33

Pretorian wrote:It never occured to you that you are getting paid too much money for what you do?

In 2008, I made our company 80 times my total compensation package which includes salary, medical, stock options, 401k contribution, bonuses, etc...
How can Ludi spend 8-10 hrs/day on the internet and claim to be homesteading???
AAA
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Pretorian » Tue 10 Mar 2009, 16:30:13

AAA wrote:
Pretorian wrote:It never occured to you that you are getting paid too much money for what you do?

In 2008, I made our company 80 times my total compensation package which includes salary, medical, stock options, 401k contribution, bonuses, etc...

Did you make some software , all on your own, which company sold for 80 times what they paid you? Interesting.
Anyways, regardless of how well you work, there are armies of those who browse forums and facebook from 9 to 5 and complain about everything.
Pretorian
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AAA » Tue 10 Mar 2009, 16:39:17

Pretorian wrote:Did you make some software , all on your own, which company sold for 80 times what they paid you? Interesting.

I negotiate oil and gas leases for a large mineral owner. We then receive rental/bonuses from the lease then if a well is drilled and produces we receive a royalty. It is nice to see exactly how much money I made the company at any given time.

Obviously this year it will be much less but my contribution is still projected to be about 40 times my total compensation.

Pretorian wrote:Anyways, regardless of how well you work, there are armies of those who browse forums and facebook from 9 to 5 and complain about everything.

I agree totally. It is sad that most employees don't know how much they actually contribute. Thankfully I can put a dollar figure on that.
How can Ludi spend 8-10 hrs/day on the internet and claim to be homesteading???
AAA
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Hawkcreek » Tue 10 Mar 2009, 21:11:22

It never occured to you that you are getting paid too much money for what you do?

If the big guys are willing to pay me so much for what I do, I think that automatically sets the market rate. Do I make more than the market rate - no.

Of course, I have been amazed in the past few years what they are willing to pay us in the oil field. I wasn't bitching about the coming decrease in wages...I was just remarking on it

If the market rate goes down, we always have the choice to vote with our feet. Always a choice.
"It don't make no sense that common sense don't make no sense no more"
John Prine
Hawkcreek
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to Economics & Finance