Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Peak Oil Thoughts

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Peak Oil Thoughts

Unread postby AAA » Tue 17 Mar 2009, 18:24:42

If you don't know the name Steve Andrews then shame on you. He is the co-founder of Association for the Study of Peak Oil and Gas. Check out the ASPO-USA website if you have never been before. You might learn something. :)

I received the March issue of Oil and Gas Investor magazine and found an article on Page 47 titled "Peak Oil Thoughts".

If you actually work in the oil industry then a copy of this will be floating around your offices somewhere. Unfortunately most peak oil members don't know what crude oil actually looks and smells like. But that is beside the point.

Steve Andrews wrote: We think it's reasonable to make the case that we have hit the peak-oil plateau. But we don't think today's prices are enough to incent sufficient production of conventional oil to keep us on this plateau. It may lead to a sooner decline off the plateau.

The article goes on to say...

Steve Andrews wrote: When it comes to unconventional oil, we don't see much on the horizon. Unconventional resources have been viewed as sources that would slow decline on the back side of the peak-oil plateau, but they will contribute much less at today's lower prices

Steve then goes on to predict prices for year end 2009....

Steve Andrews wrote: We'd be surprised if oil doesn't bounce back to between $50 and $70 by the end of the year...

Anyways the article is pretty basic for most peak oil enthusiasts like you but every oil executive will have a copy of this magazine on their desk. It surprised me an industry publication would publish this article when "the world is awash in oil". Maybe they are peak oil believers. :wink:
How can Ludi spend 8-10 hrs/day on the internet and claim to be homesteading???
AAA
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Re: Peak Oil Thoughts

Unread postby Pops » Tue 17 Mar 2009, 18:45:28

Steve Andrews wrote: We'd be surprised if oil doesn't bounce back to between $50 and $70 by the end of the year...

Hum, I predicted a high of $60 3 months ago.

Just ribbing you 3A. :)

I'm sure this guy knows waaay more than me because I know nothing.

My thoughts on PO are simple:

Read what you can...
Draw your best conclusion as to the outcome....
Set measurable goals for preparation...
Act.

Measure, Repeat.
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Re: Peak Oil Thoughts

Unread postby AAA » Tue 17 Mar 2009, 18:49:49

Pops wrote:Read what you can...
Draw your best conclusion as to the outcome....
Set measurable goals for preparation...
Act.

Measure, Repeat.

Pops,

You are one of biggest advocates of actually putting your money were your mouth is. Stop talking and start doing should be your signature line. Keep up the good work.
How can Ludi spend 8-10 hrs/day on the internet and claim to be homesteading???
AAA
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Return to Peak Oil Discussion